NT Book Club Vol. WDYRTD

Any good sneaker-related books out there?

Just finishing up Out Of Nowhere by Geoff Hollister. Pretty good.

But I feel like I've read every good book on sneakers/the industry/the culture so I'm looking for suggestions.

just finished Lunar Park by Bret Easton Ellis...amazing book...still gotta read Glamarama and Imperial Bedrooms...

about to start The Celestine Prophecy

Finally finished 1Q84 - strange little book with a great message throughout.

I would recommend it to all.

Not sure what I'm gonna read next.

images

48 laws of power is way too repetitive and gets boring after awhile.

Its not boring but you have to have your attention 100% on the book. I'm currently on Law 30. I cant have any distractions.

Finally reading this work. It's good that I waited because there was no way I would appreciate the different shadings, hues, and idiosyncrasies that Morrison incorporates had I not. 50 pages in and its some of the most powerful writing I've had the privilege of reading.

beloved2.jpg

Picked up Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami 2 days ago. I'm already half way through.
I can't seem to put the book down for some reason. 

Once I'm done with it, I think I may pick up After Dark by the same author. Is anyone in here a Murakami fan?

-Drew 

Originally Posted by blondsoccerplyr

160-1.png

I highly recommend it. Very entertaining, even if you're not into technology.
Thanks! I've always been interested in Kevin Mitnick since he was released from jail for trying to help the NY Times and other corporations seal holes in their databases. I'm adding it to my Amazon list right now.

Just finished The Great Gatsby, D'angelo Barksdale was right the past is always with us damn...

I finished Norwegian Wood @ 4:55am this morning. Damn what a great read. I strongly suggest it to anyone. 
I love the fact that it deals with so much love, loss(death) and the message that life and death aren't separate but that death is an "innate" part of life. 
pimp.gif

I became a fan of the dude's writing so I went ahead and scooped up a copy of this

(Not my pic) 

-Drew

product_american_psycho_book.jpg

The minimalist style of narrative coupled with excessive spending and grotesque violence made this a crazy read. Definitely going to look into Ellis' other novels and some other 'transgressive fiction' novels too. 

If anyone is interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgressive_fiction

Also: Ellis tweeted some ideas about a sequel... interested to see if/how that plays out

Just re-read my favorite book of all time To Kill A Mockingbird
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm currently crushing through the A Song of Fire and Ice series. On book #2 and it's been great so far. Makes the show much better as well
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FlacoBey

currently reading

jt2bub.jpg
my man....peeped this book at the bookstore wayy back and it definitely gained my interest...didnt have the time to go pick it up though.... lmk how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom