NT Book Club Vol. WDYRTD

I'm reading a biography of Nelson Algren right now and this was recommended.

It's a great book, one of my favorites from HS. I just ordered it along with his bio "black boy".

For those of you who buy books and aren't hell bent on them being brand new, I get mine off of Amazon used in great condition for a penny. Shipping is only $4, I do this for text books also. So any college students in here the same holds true for college books. It will be an earlier edition but, basically the same content.

Last edited:
I get all mine from amazon too.

Ive bought about half of em used, but they sure didn't cost me just a penny

I rarely buy new books. Typically get most of mine from thrift shops for a few bucks.

If you like Black Boy, The Bluest Eye might appeal to you.

Same. Theres a church store close by me and they actually let you return the book when youre done with it. Granted selection isnt the greatest but ive found some good ones there. I usually grab off Amazon if its a specific book im looking for and cant find it in person. I try and grab a used one if its available.

Please just pirate it :lol:

Anybody read Shoe Dog? I finished Grit by Angela Duckworth in two days, and need to grab another book to read.

Just finished Shoe Dog about a week ago. I'd definitely recommend it. Was a great read for me and super quick finished it while traveling in England

I get all mine from amazon too.

Ive bought about half of em used, but they sure didn't cost me just a penny

Go to see all buying options and you will see them. Price of the book is a penny, but shipping is $4. As far as txt books go, those will be around 7 or $8 used with $4 for shipping, but that is to be expected. The txtbooks I get are mostly math and physics, my ethics book I was able to get for only $4 so it depends on subject too I guess.

I rarely buy new books. Typically get most of mine from thrift shops for a few bucks.

If you like Black Boy, The Bluest Eye might appeal to you.

I'll look into it, thanks.

[ATTACHMENT=13004]bluesteye.bmp (7,680k. bmp file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Last edited:
Just finished Dark Money and it was a fantastic read. I highly recommend it. If you're interested in how corporations and wealthy people have effected every level of American politics from funding academic institutions, grassroots movements like the tea party, and buying politicians, then you'll like this book. It was definitely an eye opener.

Quote:
Anyone read on philosophy?
I've read Fanon, Nietzsche, Marx, Kant, Aristotle, Plato, and others at varying times, but not recently.

Just finished Dark Money and it was a fantastic read. I highly recommend it. If you're interested in how corporations and wealthy people have effected every level of American politics from funding academic institutions, grassroots movements like the tea party, and buying politicians, then you'll like this book. It was definitely an eye opener.
Think I will read this first

Thanks for the recommendation

Just started this book yesterday

It's a quick read so after Im done with that, Im gonna put a nice lil stack together to start the new year with. I'm looking at these but they can change.

:lol: i really got reported? Damn whoever reported must not have caught that Wire reference :smh:

Im reading Gary vees "crush it" I want to start a small business

My sister bought me a book I wanted for xmas

Mark Lamont hill "nobody"

Can't wait to get started on that.

How's Gary's book? I've been meaning to pick up one of his books but end up buying something else.

Have your read Timothy Ferris 4-Hour-Work week? Definitely a classic for small business hopefuls. He came out with another recently: Tools of Titans; essentially a collection of tactics, routines, and habits of billionaires, icons, and world-class performers. He's interviewed most of them on his podcast.

I'm halfway through Random Walk. I'm really enjoying the read. It's a good book to understand the basic frameworks/tools that people apply to the stock market. Less dense than Intelligent Investor.

Currently reading - Resonate: Present Visual Stories that Transform Audiences.

Looking to pick up Atomic Design by Brad Frost and The Best Interface is No Interface by Golden Krishna next.

Last edited:

How's Gary's book? I've been meaning to pick up one of his books but end up buying something else.

Have your read Timothy Ferris 4-Hour-Work week? Definitely a classic for small business hopefuls. He came out with another recently: Tools of Titans; essentially a collection of tactics, routines, and habits of billionaires, icons, and world-class performers. He's interviewed most of them on his podcast.

I'm halfway through Random Walk. I'm really enjoying the read. It's a good book to understand the basic frameworks/tools that people apply to the stock market. Less dense than Intelligent Investor.

Currently reading - Resonate: Present Visual Stories that Transform Audiences.

Looking to pick up Atomic Design by Brad Frost and The Best Interface is No Interface by Golden Krishna next.
I listen to the Timothy Ferris 4 hour book in the shower. Along with Anthony Robbins & Dave Ramsey! Very informative!

Gary Vee: His book "Crush It" is a beginners story to how he got started and his process of using the internet to advance his father wine business and build his media company. He also focuses tremendously more about comtemporary information on how to use the internet and social networks "quality wise" to your advantage, personal business wise. I need to pick up his latest book "#assgaryvee". I remember him doing insane promotion on his snap chat last year, but i didnt know who he really was at the time. Anyways, its pretty legit. 

Superior Man mentioned previously seems like a book with great reread value. Seems like a 48 laws of power type... anymore of these types of mind over matter type books anyone know of that are worth the read?

Just finished Ready Player One and thoroughly enjoyed it. Based on this, does anyone have further recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom