NT Book Club Vol. WDYRTD

Superior Man mentioned previously seems like a book with great reread value. Seems like a 48 laws of power type... anymore of these types of mind over matter type books anyone know of that are worth the read?
The Art of Worldly Wisdom by Balthasar Gracian

Who Moved my Cheese

As a man thinketh

Anything by Khalil Gibran

Last edited:
Dark Matter was another excellent sci fi page burner along the lines of Ready Player One. Really makes you think about critical life decisions made in the past.

Just finished Ready Player One and thoroughly enjoyed it. Based on this, does anyone have further recommendations?
The age of miracles maybe.

Currently reading The Association of Small Bombs. Easy read good story to it. Good if you're looking for a book that's culturally diverse.

Last edited:
Not a reader, but I'm planning on changing that this year.

Read Rich Dad Poor Dad recently.

Also just ordered Dark Money off Amazon. I Think that's gonna be a fun read.

Anybody have recommendations for someone looking to learn more about American politics from the 20th century to now? I really want to learn more about the big events that shaped America, how presidents have handled them, and all that went into them.

Anybody have recommendations for someone looking to learn more about American politics from the 20th century to now? I really want to learn more about the big events that shaped America, how presidents have handled them, and all that went into them.
Are you into reading big books? I'm asking that because I don't want you to get bored and give up. Any specific events and eras you're interested in? I feel like if we can narrow that down, then you'll stay engaged in reading a book that could be 500pgs.

Last edited:

robert kiyosaki is a terrible writer. There's also been some reports about him being in financial trouble lately. 

Are you into reading big books? I'm asking that because I don't want you to get bored and give up. Any specific events and eras you're interested in? I feel like if we can narrow that down, then you'll stay engaged in reading a book that could be 500pgs.
If its good, I won't mind. I've read 3 Robert Greene books which as you probably know are packed on every page, so I'll be good.

I'm really interested in the Civil Rights Movement, JFK, WW2, WW1, and the Cold War.

just picked up "the devil in the white city"

its about hh holmes and the chicago worlds fair. theres alot of historical backstory in the beginning, but its starting to pickup. hh holmes was one crazy dude

robert kiyosaki is a terrible writer. There's also been some reports about him being in financial trouble lately. 

The book is not expected to be any sort of literary masterpiece. Don't care much personally for the author. His finances mean nothing to me. But there is a message in the book. Whether or not you buy any of it is a different story. It's just a short easy read for a non-reader like myself to start with.

Dark Money on the other hand, has been much too insightful. Enjoying the hell out of this one so far.

If its good, I won't mind. I've read 3 Robert Greene books which as you probably know are packed on every page, so I'll be good.

I'm really interested in the Civil Rights Movement, JFK, WW2, WW1, and the Cold War.
True. I haven't read all of Greens books ( I got a few of em) but I always stay referring to 48 laws and Mastery was a good one.

You got some interesting eras here. Here are some good books I've read on the CRM. Keep in mind that alot of movements, protests, etc were going on at this time so these don't completely cover the breadth of the era. You're gonna really need to dig deeper and study. But here a few

People's History of the United States

Bully Bulpit: Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft, and the Golden Age of Journalism

Destiny of the Republic: Tale of Madness, Medicine, and the Murder of a President

Any of the 3 books by Glenn Greenwald

Last edited:
I haven't read much on WWI and WWII besides a few novels but these are the ones I read. Hope you like em

Forgive me if this has been brought up before, but do y'all read multiple books simultaneously or just one at a time? Just curious...

Forgive me if this has been brought up before, but do y'all read multiple books simultaneously or just one at a time? Just curious...
 I have periods where I'll read three books at a time, and periods where I'm taking my time reading one book. If it's books I feel like I can read through easily, I'll read em simultaneously. Books that require me to think or study, I'll take my time and focus solely on that book.

Last edited:
Winds of war and war and remembrance were great
Cane Mutiny was another great war book from Herman Wouk

Back
Top Bottom