NT brothers n sisters When do you know its time to throw in the towel?? Vol. Relationship

Those of you that have been in a long term relationship that ended...
When did you realize that you and your girl or man (for the women) may not be the couple that can survive all trials and tests?

What made you realize that you cannot be a part of the successful bunch?

Been through a HELL of a lot the past month or so Cliffnotes would be a page long
ohwell.gif
. Let's keep it civil fellas and ladies.

Mine hasn't ended, but it's been rough as hell for the last year of a 3yr relationship.

I would say if your relationship has started to feel like a chore and work, and you're
not having any fun anymore, it's time to pitch the tent and head out.

When you grieve having to spend time with the person.

Every long term couple goes through fights and disagreements, but what matters the most is how you behave after them. if you dread going out with your partner, spending time with them, etc... then you should probably move on.

yeah my past 1 and a half years have been rough but the last month is insane.
I think you have a great point about it feeling like a chore

I all honesty, when you guys stop enjoying each other's company like you did on the first couple of dates. When it doesn't feel like you're OFFERING your life to her anymore and it's being taken from you.

I think every long term relationship at a young age has to go through its breakups n makeups, perhaps give each other some time off, hell even date or just work on yourselves by yourselves....trust that if there is still love there, you guys will find your way back home...if not then it was time to throw in the towel and you did just that.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

I think every long term relationship at a young age has to go through its breakups n makeups, perhaps give each other some time off, hell even date or just work on yourselves by yourselves....trust that if there is still love there, you guys will find your way back home...if not then it was time to throw in the towel and you did just that.

We both need to work on ourselves, by ourselves, I think the biggest fear on both sides is that we won't find our way back to each other. That first REAL love stuff is NOT a joke
tired.gif

every post is dead on so far. the fading sex one is major. and when it feels like youre not having fun anymore
30t6p3b.gif

It's either you guys take that chance or grow resentful and possibly cheat, completely violation trust and respect....trust me man, if the love is strong, no matter who may step into the picture if you guys allow it, you will always did your way back, specially if the trust and respect was never lost.

As long as there still trust and respect, you guys will be ok, just might need that time off.

When you start dreading seeing the person
When you'd rather be with another person than with your partner
When you get a feeling of fleeting despair instead of happiness as soon as your partner crosses your mind

Originally Posted by throwback1718

We both need to work on ourselves, by ourselves, I think the biggest fear on both sides is that we won't find our way back to each other. That first REAL love stuff is NOT a joke
tired.gif
Very true. One thing though, if you two take a break and plan on getting back together later on, make sure you do your part to make yourself available to other females, cause
she definitely will make herself available to other guys, whether she knows it or not.

There was a similar thread a few weeks ago where somebody posted a spot on meme about the viewpoints of post break ups. It's where the dude think he's gonna be swimming in

a see of females in the single life, but he's actually alone and hurt, and the female thinks she's gonna be alone and hurt, but in reality she's partying it up and boatloads of dudes flock

to her. A hilarious truth.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

when the bad times outnumber the good times.
ohwell.gif
true...

Ive gotten to a point that I did something I thought I was too much of a stand up person to do... step out.
I admit my wrongs, and no one deserves that. 
I don't know if the people I were speaking to were just trying to tell me what I wanted to hear, but people are saying that there's a reason I did it. I might not see it initially, but there's a reason. Not just humpin all over the place to do it, because I'm not that type of character and every one knows the type of fella I am.

never thought i'd be in this

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by throwback1718

tired.gif
Very true. One thing though, if you two take a break and plan on getting back together later on, make sure you do your part to make yourself available to other females, cause
she definitely will make herself available to other guys, whether she knows it or not.

There was a similar thread a few weeks ago where somebody posted a spot on meme about the viewpoints of post break ups. It's where the dude think he's gonna be swimming in

a see of females in the single life, but he's actually alone and hurt, and the female thinks she's gonna be alone and hurt, but in reality she's partying it up and boatloads of dudes flock

to her. A hilarious truth.

Don't go into a break expecting anything....don't go into it thinking there are restrictions, maybe what you both need is to feel out other people...maybe the relationship is suppressing you both....therefore treat the break as a break up in good terms, just for the sake of you both, don't keep in touch, come to that agreement....if somewhere down the line you find yourself missing her and wanting to only be with her like when you first met, then reach out slowly...invite her to a dinner, don't just say "oh hey let's get back together" ease your way back into it...if she happens to be dating someone, don't give up just don't be pushy, go out as friends, see how the chemistry is then...the other dude will have no choice but to understand if she deads it, but you new to be prepared that she might just have moved on...it's a huge risk, but is worth it, because the love really is amplified when put through this test.

Man life is crazy. As I get to the end of my 20s so many thoughts and feelings about relationships have changed so much. I understand my Dad SO much more now, more than I ever thought I would. My situation make be coming to an end soon too, I just cant feel a thing right now.
C'est la vie

Sorry but you are making it out to be so sweet. I have known PLENTY of situations where love was there but people didn't "find their way back home." Needs more than just love man.

Back
Top Bottom