NT CAN I FILE MY TAXES WITHOUT A W2??

this is my first time filling so i dont kno really what to expect.... also i have a son ima be claiming...does that mean i get paid more?

you get your w2's on the 31st don't you? are you getting one? unless you own your own buisness or work on your own or w/e you get one.. and im prettysure you need it to file taxes

I think you can do it with your most recent check stub. Don't quote me on that, though

Edit:
Originally Posted by domc03

if you have your final pay stub of the year its gonna have the same info as your w-2 ... so you don't have to wait

That sounds a bit more accurate.

yea i do have my last checkstub...but my mailing address is at a different address...im just saying in case it gets lost in the mail...
can i file without it??

if you have your final pay stub of the year its gonna have the same info as your w-2 ... so you don't have to wait

You can use your last pay stub from 09'... btw if this is your first time you're probably younger than 21 (I hope), its best if you let your parentsclaim that way you get paid.. well they'll get paid but the can break you off with a good amount..

^^^^im not gonna let them claim me..cuz i have a son im trying to claim...so i can get paid more

Originally Posted by LiquidCREAM

you get your w2's on the 31st don't you? are you getting one? unless you own your own buisness or work on your own or w/e you get one.. and im pretty sure you need it to file taxes

By law your job has to have it posted marked by the 31st.

Are you getting a refund? If you file w/o a w-2 you need to send in an earnings statement at least. Whats the rush though, you should be getting a w-2 soon.

And u arent getting 2k for one child lol.

Just get TurboTax and thank me later. I do believe you have to wait for w2 before filing though. Some companies will allow you to enter a code and theinformation isavailable before they mail it to you. TurboTax is the best software out IMO.

Back
Top Bottom