NT, convince me "cutting the cord" is a good idea

I think i heard about a streaming service for live sports in HD with an annual fee. Anyone know what the service or site is?

Only thing keeping me from cutting the cord is live sports. The best time of the year is upon us as far as sports are concerned. All four of the pro major American sports are being played and my NCAA Football and College Hoops are a must. The minute I find a workaround to get these luxuries provided to me at a fraction of the cost... the cord is history!
Cop an antenna, use Sling, and you'll be able to watch all of this without a cable bill. I've watched just about every sporting event with sling and an antenna and no cable login. 

Looking into this. I'm moving to a spot where Time Warner Cable is the only cable option and I refuse :x

Cop an antenna, use Sling, and you'll be able to watch all of this without a cable bill. I've watched just about every sporting event with sling and an antenna and no cable login. 

Sling doesn't have wide access to NFL and NBA correct? Just what is on ESPN and local channels?

Sling doesn't have wide access to NFL and NBA correct? Just what is on ESPN and local channels?

no local channels. there is also access to all ABC games, which is ESPN3 via watchespn website. and TBS and TNT.

works great for NBA games.

Sling + Antenna.

Just used my firestick I bought today. Streams seemed choppy. Is that my wifi connection or do I need a better router than what AT&T gave me? Or both?

Last edited:
^ The only reason for not cord cutting... SPORTS. That's the only thing I watch on TV besides the local news.

Pointless to have a man cave, 65 inch 4K TV and Bose 7.1 speakers to watch that weak online stream from another country which keeps cutting off.
Lol. Good point about the man cave.

Just used my firestick I bought today. Streams seemed choppy. Is that my wifi connection or do I need a better router than what AT&T gave me? Or both?

I hope it was the new one you bought if not reset that router and the stick and you should be good.

Oh yeah don't rent the routers just go buy a good one. I'd suggest those Motorola surfboard ones

If anyone needs a streaming player, Target has the Roku 2 and 3 on clearance, its the non-4k box. I picked up the 3 for the bedrooms. More info on how to check inventory here:

http://slickdeals.net/f/9197899-roku-3-49-98-roku-2-34-98-target-ymmv

I'm curious to see how PS Vue streams on the Roku vs. Fire Tv box, I've had horrendous issues with Vue on the Amazon box, I believe it has to be app specific b/c I can stream flawless on iphone/ipad/etc. Anyone else having any issues with Vue streams buffering and/or freezing?

Last edited:
Thinking of cutting the cord and going with Sling TV. I want some sought of live tv service with a login so I can watch Premier and La Liga games. Anybody did this?

I'm in NYC by the way

Anyone ever try Modbro? I'm thinking of copping the chromcast and putting it on there. I want to make the transition to cord cutting slowly.

Anyone ever try Modbro? I'm thinking of copping the chromcast and putting it on there. I want to make the transition to cord cutting slowly.

I use Mobdro on my Chromecast (1st gen), and it's very hit or miss. A lot of the streams simply don't work

Welp...Direct Tv/Att made me a deal I couldn't turn down. Letting PS Vue go, it was good at first but eventually became a hassle. The Amazon Fire app never worked that great for me so I bough a Roku only to find out the Roku version didn't have a tv guide feature. For the price I was paying for Vue + internet, I just bundled w/ Direct and Uverse. >D

I use Mobdro on my Chromecast (1st gen), and it's very hit or miss. A lot of the streams simply don't work
that's disappointing because I was counting on that to stream live sports. Are the streams half decent at least?

I got a smart stream box. Pretty cool. Kinda a b to find what you want tho. But it works for the most part

Bought a MI box threw kodi on that thing and subscribed to PS Vue, called Charter a couple days later and told them I don't need cable anymore just keep my internet on

It's a wrap for cable companies as far as TVboxes are concerned if Sling is doing that. Just a matter of time. I'm out in Maryland for this project and the high speed xfinity internet and X1 cable box is stupid cheap.they don't want to lose customers :lol:

Most TV companies are also internet providers, so they'll just start caping data usage or making plans really expensive.

Similar thing happened 10 years ago with smart phones. We got a ton of data and hardly any minutes, now we get unlimited minutes and barely any data cause people are mainly using data on their phones.

Like scumbag Comcast :smh:

DirectTV Now launching November 30th.
$35 for 60 channels $50 for 80, $60 for 100, $70 for 120.
No 4k for you rich life papis, Limited to 2 streams :x
Doesn't count against ya data limit if you're on At&t
Available on most platforms at launch, 2017 for Roku papis.
Taylor Swift exclusive behind tha scenes content series (which makes it an instacop if ya bring honest with yaself)
Lulz, no DVR, just tha ability to watch certain content 3 days after they air like slingtv currently has.

View media item 2243645

All tha details

http://about.att.com/story/att_offers_three_ways_to_stream_premium_video_content.html

Last edited:
Most TV companies are also internet providers, so they'll just start caping data usage or making plans really expensive.

Similar thing happened 10 years ago with smart phones. We got a ton of data and hardly any minutes, now we get unlimited minutes and barely any data cause people are mainly using data on their phones.

Scumbags I forgot they have started cappin in some states

Back
Top Bottom