NT, convince me "cutting the cord" is a good idea

Has anyone been able to convince their girl about cutting the cord?

Me and my girl moving in together in two months. She wants to keep her cable services for recording shows, on demand, etc and spend $120+ while I’m wanting to cut the cord, since I’m doing that now. She’s not budging :lol:

Me and my girl moving in together in two months. She wants to keep her cable services for recording shows, on demand, etc and spend $120+ while I’m wanting to cut the cord, since I’m doing that now. She’s not budging :lol:
Yeah, I was able to. Especially breaking down the extra money we'd save from just having internet. She was hesitant at first, but she's fine now. Only show that she wants to watch 'live' is The Bachlorette lol

My girl is down to save money. She wont be missing any shows that we can't get on dtvn

Just called Fios and boy are they some crooks. How is it cheaper to keep my bundle than just downgrading to a lower internet speed.

Move in 3 months so we may switch from fios or have my girl start a plan in her name to reap the new customer deals.

I have DirectTv now an HBO Go as part of my phone plan and pay 10 bucks a month for it. As for the guy above asking about speeds, we only have 50mb down so you should be good lol

Anyone have experience with sling tv?

Naw, nobody here has any experience with it. Try it out for us and report back how it is.

Damn I havent saw one of those on demand/recording cable boxs in a minute other then my parents spot. Ya girl will eventually budge when her other girlfriends cut the cord which will be soon if they havent already :lol:

All she needs is high speed internet. I bet all her shows are on hulu, plex and netflix anyways or she can just screen share it anyways to her TV lol

Salty, missed the Direct TV now deals since we move end of next month. Didn't want to pay for an extra month of not really using it.

Anyone know of upcoming deals on other services

My girl convinced me when we moved in tg in February :lol: once I knew I could get YES Network for Yankee games, I was sold.

steebie j steebie j tell your girl YouTube TV has recording capability + an on-demand section for each channel.

Last edited:
Moms plugged me into her U-Verse log in info so we got a cable on the side for the individual apps like FXX & ESPN
Main apps used right now are Netflix, Hulu, & Terrarium
I'm paying for Netflix, Hulu, & YouTube Red and of course $80 Spectrum internet. Not sure how much I'm saving compared to cable but I feel decent about it

wife and i cut the cord a couple months ago have haven't looked back since. it's an extra $125 in our pockets now.
i don't think we'll ever go back to cable/satellite unless they start making it to where you can choose exactly which networks you only want to order.

barely home to even enjoy live tv plus them boxes take up too much damn space.

idk how we did it back in the days with 100s of DVD/Blueray disk :lol:

I didn’t realize how expensive those damn cable boxes are until I started paying my dad’s cable bill. It’s like $5-6 a month to rent a box and my dad has 5 cable boxes in his house.

I didn’t realize how expensive those damn cable boxes are until I started paying my dad’s cable bill. It’s like $5-6 a month to rent a box and my dad has 5 cable boxes in his house.

Try looking into mutil-room cable boxes.

My directv now/apple tv never goes out anymore. I couldnt watch a whole game without it messing up before. Not sure whag changed, but im much happier with it now

Things getting much better. All I got is Apple TV and a PS4 now in my living room. In my room all I got is the TV which is smart. much less clutter nowadays :pimp:

I don't get as many DirectTVNow emails trying to offer devices for services anymore, guess they got their numbers up. How's the channel options?

Was thinking of just going with Hulu Live and Netflix..Got Spectrum cable/internet now and hate both..Spectrum has to have the all time worst remote control..

Is Hulu Live worth the $40?..

I had no issues with Directvnow until today. Error codes all on the tv and can’t even watch anything. Logged out, back in, reset my Apple TV and network. Problem with these services is there is usually no dial in CS.

DirectTV now is down right now...

Still contemplating between them and youtube tv. Hopefully one has a nice deal within the next month

I see most people using DTVN on AppleTV. Can anyone comment on how long it buffers when switching channels? Instant? Anyone using DTVN with Roku or Fire TV? Do they lag? Any help y’all can provide is much appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom