NT, convince me "cutting the cord" is a good idea

I use Apple TV with my directv now and I would say it’s pretty instant when changing the channels. Once in a while it might take like 5-6 seconds but on average I would say 1-2 seconds or less, at least for me.

I had connection issues often the first few months. The last 2 or 3 months i have had 0 issues or lag. Sometimes the pic on the screen freezes but i just change the channel and it works again

This is directv now with a 4k apple tv.

I stream everything so I never got a cable package. Just internet for me at 50 bucks a month. Netflix and Amazon prime are my monthly subscriptions.

I'm happy that we just stream certain shows and channels now. Wife and I barely watch TV as it is. She watches her stuff (This Is Us, Bachelor, etc) I watch mine (Sports, netflix docs, etc)

Works out well.

Found out Sling TV offers NBA League Pass and includes NBA TV which on NBALP standalone it doesn’t include it unless I have Directv, Dish, etc. Guess I’ll have to watch the next day.

I’ve have Sling for quite awhile I think they are killing it, on everything. Just missing 1 or 2 channels I watch. I can go on kodi for those but better to have it all on one app.

I got YT TV early this month(already did the trial last time) thinking I might switch from Sling for the time being but I don’t think I can get use to their interface and you gotta change the stream quality every time you change the channel.

im still on that sling + sports package for $30 a month. love everything about it...only true BS i have is that it doesn't allow multiple streams. that being said, i don't feel I have the need to cough up an extra +$10 to justify tier'ing up and 3 streams. I've been in this plan for approx 3yrs and love it....i'm an NBA head so the TNT, all ESPN, NBAtv combo is pretty much all i need.

Thinking of cutting the cord and going to DirectTV now.

A few questions.. How much of a delay is there for live Sporting Events? And for those that have DirectTV now, etc.. You just use basic comcast internet?

I’ve have Sling for quite awhile I think they are killing it, on everything.

they are (killing it), people are just too stubborn or biased to whatever ecosystem they’re used to (Apple, DirectTV)

i legit chuckle at the complaints

plus people dont read, look at how many Sling customers are STILL complaining about Sling not allowing multiple streams

Couldnt rock with sling. Only watched Vice on it and the service was horrible. DirectTV for like 50 or whatever it is is a bargain

Thinking of cutting the cord and going to DirectTV now.

A few questions.. How much of a delay is there for live Sporting Events? And for those that have DirectTV now, etc.. You just use basic comcast internet?

Not sure exactly what the delay is because I have nothing to compare it to except the espn scoreboard, which does update faster than the game I’m usually watching, so I assume it’s about 10-15 second delay. I use the basic spectrum internet that runs me $45 a month flat because I use my own modem and router.

im still on that sling + sports package for $30 a month. love everything about it...only true BS i have is that it doesn't allow multiple streams. that being said, i don't feel I have the need to cough up an extra +$10 to justify tier'ing up and 3 streams. I've been in this plan for approx 3yrs and love it....i'm an NBA head so the TNT, all ESPN, NBAtv combo is pretty much all i need.

Do you use Apple TV, Roku, or something else to stream to your TV?

I had sling on my sony tv. Kept loading and freezing one me. Would have to erase the cache to make it work properly. Switched to YT been running flawless

Not sure exactly what the delay is because I have nothing to compare it to except the espn scoreboard, which does update faster than the game I’m usually watching, so I assume it’s about 10-15 second delay. I use the basic spectrum internet that runs me $45 a month flat because I use my own modem and router.

Switching to that same Spectrum plan. What has your experience been like? Are you getting 200mbps speeds or less?

Switching to that same Spectrum plan. What has your experience been like? Are you getting 200mbps speeds or less?
Ive never tested the speeds with a wired connection but wireless speeds are not that fast. I believe the plan is have is supposed to be 100/100 but I’m not positive I would have to check the bill.

also just note --- make sure you check with your ISPs about data caps. Because realistically, you can have the biggest bandwidth (gigablast here) but if you're capped at 1TB (Cox, Phoenix AZ) then what good is it having all that speed and then having the potential of being overcharged $10 each additional 100GB???

In my situation, i have cox premiere at 150mb down for $79.99 then added the $39.99 for unlimited cap...made more sense to me than paying $129.99 for gigablast with 1tb cap.

Remember, as we keep moving into the future.... everything is HD -->4k-->streaming devices -->hd ring camera ---> IOT devices....YOU WILL reach your cap.

also just note --- make sure you check with your ISPs about data caps. Because realistically, you can have the biggest bandwidth (gigablast here) but if you're capped at 1TB (Cox, Phoenix AZ) then what good is it having all that speed and then having the potential of being overcharged $10 each additional 100GB???

In my situation, i have cox premiere at 150mb down for $79.99 then added the $39.99 for unlimited cap...made more sense to me than paying $129.99 for gigablast with 1tb cap.

Remember, as we keep moving into the future.... everything is HD -->4k-->streaming devices -->hd ring camera ---> IOT devices....YOU WILL reach your cap.

I think all the major ISPs are following the 1 TB data cap protocol now............Xfinity, Cox, AT&T (someone in TAN mentioned that their AT&T plan has a 1 TB cap), even ****ing Verizon I've heard has that cap too.

It is kinda BS, but then again.............that's what happens with no net neutrality policies in place :smh:

fapmasterjr fapmasterjr where are you in the valley, fam? Centurylink doesn't have data caps but... depending on where you live, our service is ****!

Back
Top Bottom