NT Cooking School vol. ENROLL NOW

Edward King Jr. I'm going in. For my healthy NT'ers, if you want to impress a girl serve her this for dinner and I guarantee she will be impressed withyour skills in the kitchen and she will want to see what other skills you have....

Summertime Tortellini Salad:

Bring a pot of water to a boil and add a pinch of salt.

Add Tortellini and let cook until they are tender. Turn water down to med high.

Cut a soft cheese that will melt a bit like (Gouda, brie, Camembert, or something you like) into small chunks about half the size of Tortellini.

Cut a bunch of grapes in half

(check pasta, always eat at least two of them to ensure they are done)

When pasta is done, combine with the cheese and toss with fresh ground pepper, a splash olive oil and a bit of oregano if you like. And put the pasta in thefreezer or fridge to chill a bit.

While pasta is chilling, put a cup and half of walnuts on a baking sheet (no foil) and drizzle honey over them. For sweeter nuts (........) sprinkle sugar onthem as well. Place into a pre heated 300 degree oven. check frequently, when the honey is melted take the nuts out (.......) and toss them a bit to ensurethey are coated in honey. Place the nuts in the freezer to chill a bit.

After about 10 minutes or so everything should be chilled. in a big bowl add the grapes and nuts and toss the pasta a bit and serve.

This dish is particularly refreshing on a hot day and can be served with a side salad and warm artisan bread with olive oil for dipping.

Originally Posted by kingofthesouthga

good thread!

still in the af??? where u stationed?

yep got 6 months left till i go on terminal but im sittin at lackland in san antonio now but i will soooon be back in Florida with the sand in my feet andno uniform on my back w/ no job
frown.gif
but i will still be back home.

Serve Chilled and swoodh them joint sound like they on point i might have whip them up this weekend if i do i'll let yall know how it turned out

good thread

u have any recipe on ribs and and the proper way to bbq it. Mines always end up dry

I'll post my empenada/paselito recipe later, for those of you who would want to impress a lady of hispanic origin in the kitchen but dont know how.

Originally Posted by ISHTHEDUDE

good thread

u have any recipe on ribs and and the proper way to bbq it. Mines always end up dry

kinfolk im the king of ribs that my speciality but the very short answer is keep a beer by the grill and shake some on from time to time and flip the ribsabout every 10 minutes.... but pics and more detailed info about rib bbq period will be on its way soon....

i need more vegetarian/peskaterian recipes. i only know how to $!$* a few things for my girl.

Originally Posted by edwardkingjr

Originally Posted by ISHTHEDUDE

good thread

kinfolk im the king of ribs that my speciality but the very short answer is keep a beer by the grill and shake some on from time to time and flip the ribs about every 10 minutes.... but pics and more detailed info about rib bbq period will be on its way soon....

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

aint i know i been gone for a min but im back didnt think i was gon cook this week but here... we... go

Blackened Catfish w Creole Pasta and Creole toast

catfish fillets (1 or 2 Pieces for every person)
Zatarains Blackining Seasoning
1pound fettucini ( iuse this type cuz it can withstand heavy tossing)
1 pound cherry tomatos sliced in half
half stick butter
1 meduim oninon sliced
1 green pepper sliced
1 loaf of reanch bread
paprika
salt

take out the butter a let it come to room temp also let the fish warm up(do not leave it on the counter for more than an hour). sautee the onion and bellpepper in in a large pan untill light brown and soft then add a pinch of salt and paprika set to the side. boil pasta for about 8-10 minutes ( if using adifferent pasta check the box for boil time). once done drain then mix with the onion and pepper mixture sprickle some of the blackening seasoning and tossthen add sliced tomatoes.

with two fingers rub the butter on the catfish and coat lightly on both sides then lightly sprinkle the blackening seasoning on the fish( carefull not to useto much it can be very salty). turn a pan on very high heat (its about to get smoky in the house) lightly coat the pan in butter then place the fillets in thepan carefull not to move the fish around too much you want that dark color. flip the fish after a couple minutes, once the fish is cooked on both sides removefrom the pan.

slice your french bread in half and place it in the over under the broiler for 2 minutes on low (acts as a toaster) take out the toast and spread the butter onit and sprinkle some of the blackening season on it (lightly). place back under the broiler for 1 min then remove Enjoy.

Blackened Salmon with a trio of coulis, light summer veg

Pan fried lake Perch with a lobster potato hash, english mustard sauce

Tahitian Vanilla scented creme brulee with chantilly cream and strawberry garnish. white chocolate cigar

Sorry yall i been gone for a min work been kickin my_____ so just been comin home and crashin not even cooking. But easy1986 where is the recipe for themjoints im try to get down on that next week
smokin.gif
Oh Yea im BBQing for myfriends birthday party this weekend on the menu chicken, ribs, and Texas Brisket
devil.gif
expect instructions and photos on Sunday or Monday so STAY TUNED and keep the new recipes coming

Originally Posted by edwardkingjr

This time ima go simple a basic Shrimp po'boy and we gon cut some corners this time and use the Zantarans shrimp fry
frown.gif

30 medium/large shrimp
2 cups Zatarans Shrimp Fry
4 cups of oil
french bread loafs
2 tomatoes sliced
1 onion sliced
mayo
tartar sauce

heat the oil to 350 degrees in a fryer. as the oil heats up dredge the shrimp in the Zatarans "do not add any other seasoning it will be salty". Once the oil reaches 350 drop the shrimp in the hot oil in small batches fry for 2-4 minutes or untill breading is a light golden brown. slice your french bread and add your mayo tomatoes and onion drain the excess grease off of your shrimp then place the shrimp in the french bread top with tartar sauce and hot sauce then enjoy!

bg7i9j.gif

That looks amazingly good
eek.gif

Good lookin op. Im going to le cordon bleu so its nice to see some people on here who can actually cook. Im gonna have to give some of this a try after
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom