NT Detectives...In dire need of someone's skills....edited with story

Dang that sucks. If i were you i would get one of my friends to look for the ad again and apply and try to catch him.

I found my current job on craigslist so they aent all scams

def another version of the nigerian scam.... but the fact that the checks actually clear now is nuts

so a random guy you never met said he will deposit money into your account which you see he does and then asks you to send a payment from your account to another person.. Im sorry but you have been had. You didnt wonder why the guy had to deposit the money in your account and then have you make a payment to the next person instead of doing it himself?

Read up on 419 scams

Damn OP you are dumb. Not to rub it in the wound but c'mon son.

You need to put some fear in this dude. See if he's still down to meet then do your best Bane impression and recite the words from Taken by Liam Neeson.

Asking you your dog's name :smh: SUBTERFUGE!

Last edited:
lol dude is not meeting him. he already got the money and he's currently "out of the country"

Damn homie.

I would go to the authorities, and see if they can help using the only real evidence you have being the checks that were cashed and wherever you sent it to.

Quick update:

I text him after I found out the check thing if we were still on for a meeting tomorrow. He just replied saying he missed his flight and will call me soon....

Yeah it's obviously a scam. Thanks to all you cats pointing that out :rolleyes

He's obviously using a disposable phone.

Contact the cops and try to get a lengthy conversation with him so they can trace him before he stops answering your calls altogether and dumps the phone.

I almost got caught with something like that, and the only reason I kinda believed it was being they emailed me, and too my school email.

Something seemed very wrong though, dude sent me the check and everything. I emailed back and told him something didnt feel right and I would not be cashing it. The check has been on the fedex envelope on top my microwave for over a year.

OP it does really suck, but me and my uncle were talking about this today, anything that seem too good to be true probably isnt.

damn op...i just saved my friend from what you just went through...he was all excited over some craiglist job until he showd me what it was...he like you recieved a check and was gonna deposit it until i told him go to abank and see if check is legit...it wasnt and that was the end of that ...best of luck to u

my question is, you stated that you made a payment to the phillipines and some where else as well, can't you retrace where that payment was made to? like an routing number?

Last edited:
Sorry OP. I got caught up in a Nigerian scam about 7 years ago when purchasing a dog from a "breeder" online.I didn't follow by better judgement either. Lesson learned the hard way. I only lost about 1/2 of what you lost but damn, I know how you feel. :smh:

Damn OP your desperate situation made you so susceptible that you missed the red flags... hope you get some leads

I mean this with all do respect OP .....but you're an crazy for getting "got" like that.....it's like, come on man......people should be educated on this **** by now but yall want to make a quick and easy dollar SMH

Last edited:
It is what it is. I have some outside things working in this situation. I guess this thread is more a warning for others.

Thanks for the opinions.

I mean this with all do respect OP .....but you're an crazy for getting "got" like that.....it's like, come on man......people should be educated on this **** by now but yall want to make a quick and easy dollar SMH

I thought Michael Scott is the only pserson still getting caught with Nigerian Scams.

Sucks Op, but Im suprised you've never heard of scams like these on CL. They tell you to cash some bs check and once you do send them the difference.

Back
Top Bottom