NT do any of y'all own Pit Bulls??? I need some help!!

So I might be gettin a pit puppy this weekend but I'm a little nervous about it. I know these dogs get a bad rap but from my readings they are actuallypretty friendly if raised correctly and properly trained. I know they are very protective and loyal which is what I want in a dog, cuz he's gonna be mydude. I just want to make an informed decision cuz I'll prolly have kids soon ( within the next 5 years prolly,LOL) and I just want to know if any ofy'all have one and your experiences with them. Also in the past I have been allergic to dog and cats but it seemslike my allergies have subdued. So if anyof y'all have allergies any tips for that would be greatly appreciated I know they are short haired but I know that doesn't mean anything. I justdon't want to get my hopes up before learnin everything! Good look!!!
Ps if y'all got pic please post em too!

you sound responsible. dont worry you will be fine. i had one when i was a kid and the only thing he hurt was a cat. they are fine with kids.

Yea Im gonna make sure he is around a lot of people in general. And take him to dog parks while he is young. I think ima name him king ( my last name) orrebel!

Originally Posted by RicH21KiD

hahah my dude goin out like vick!
Scooby-Dooby-Do!
laugh.gif

aye man... don't judge me for this... but

i watched this one episode of the dog whisperer and dude handled this pitbull. u should watch it

the guy also has a pitbull himself so there you go.

just a suggestion

I've had 2 Pit's. I never had any problems out of mine, they acted like any other dog I ever had. When I had kids my wife didn't want any dogsaround the baby, so I had to get rid of em. But, they were also house dogs......

Now, if you tie them up in the corner of your yard on a chain 99% of their life... watch out!!!

Pit bulls are one of the most people friendly breeds around.
They'll get along fine with other dogs so long as they're socialized at an early age...like any other breed.

from what ive experienced theyre pretty relaxed, get along with other dogs and are very protective (all of this if raised the correct way)

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

btw:
my brother has 2 and one of which jus had a litter of about 9 or 10. & hes trying to sell them, so if ur in the South Jersey area and want one pm me n illhook you up wit his contact info

heres what one of them looks like
l_d40415eaa32d497d82c46cf7a0eaad8f.jpg

They are very loyal, full of energy, and eat everything! As long as you train them when they young and socialize them you will have no problems. But they willtest you and push you to your limits as far as trying to "run" the house

my cuzos dogs Bailey the female on the left and Neph male on the right..
Pitbulls dont start trouble with other dogs, they just finish it...you can't erase genetics
wink.gif

well for starters never tell people your dog is a "pit" just say that is a staffordshire terrier. That is the recognised kennel breed and people thatare scared of "pits" don't know the difference usually. they are good dogs but require tons of attention. they don't shed much so I don'tthink your allergies will bother you. like any pup if you treat them right without physical discipline and display dominance you will be fine. enjoy thecompany because despite the rumors they are the most loyal and loving dogs.

we have one that currently lives with us and my brother has a few that are at our house a lot. They are great dogs, it just depends on the owner really. Theonly problem i have had personally with any of them is Diesel, the one that lives with me permanently, likes to bite. He does it playfully but it has beenhard trying to get him to stop doing it because it scares people that dont know him.

Here are some pics of them recycled from the post your pets thread

Elanor

Duke (9 wks)

Diesel

Duke (10 wks) and Diamond (7 wks)

Darla ( we think she has a little lab in her too)

if you read some of these posts you hear the word "LOYAL" and thats the truthon this breed! My cousins got shot by the cops, because they wereruffing him up and the dog was about to attack one of them...will your b@tch die for you?

2h3okyh.jpg

Sorry for the big %!% pic but here he go. I think ima go wit King!! He was born the last week in Nov! But he looks big compared to some of these other pics andhes only like 15 weeks

Back
Top Bottom