NT, Do your armpits sweat?

The Bachellor speaks the truth. Just get some Certain Dri. The stuff works wonders. I used to sweat a lot, and now my armpits barely sweat at all, even whenI'm working out.

It's just a shame that clogging up your armpits with aluminum isn't the best idea in the world.

Originally Posted by kdawg

It's just a shame that clogging up your armpits with aluminum isn't the best idea in the world.

False. There are no drawbacks to applying anti-perspirant. At least, no credible study has found there to be any.

Use antiperspirant x deoderant combos.

Some dudes still using the stand-alone deodorant or stand-alone antiperspirant. Always stick, never gel.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Use antiperspirant x deoderant combos.

Some dudes still using the stand-alone deodorant or stand-alone antiperspirant. Always stick, never gel.
Explain....

Originally Posted by TheBachellor

Originally Posted by kdawg

False. There are no drawbacks to applying anti-perspirant. At least, no credible study carried out by the people who produce these products has found there to be any.
laugh.gif
stuff is garbage but its necessary....aint about smellin rough.

As for these super deo's...you can block up your pits but that @+*% just gone come out somewhere else..... i have to wear dark @+*% most the time...sweatlike a +%*#+! animal
smh.gif

Looks like it's already been said, but Certain Dri is the truth. I always had a problem until i started using that. I would look like a pool almost. Mypits still sweet a litttttle bit, but nothing like it use to. Also start wearing a v neck shirt under your dress shirt. I do it all the time, and now if Isweet at all it doesn't show through your dress shirt at all

I use this at night before i go to bed
CTD001.jpg

and than this in the morning before i go out. Leaves a nice clean powder scent, and I feel more comfortable applying this on as well
369818.jpg

Originally Posted by Nickthestick91

I wrote a long and informative post in the other deodorant thread. You should search for that thread and read what I had to say.
Anyone know where this post is? I gotta throw away my shirts after I wear them 3 times cause they get all discolored under the armpits from my sweating.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I copied and pasted what I had to say there, below (I also added additional information in bold about discoloring t-shirts):

First off, deodorant does not stop wetness, it gets rid of odor by destroying the odor causing bacteria and/or masking the odor with fragrance. What you want is an anti-perspirant, which stops wetness via swelling the pores in the underarms to prevent sweat from leaking out. Most "deodorants" are actually anti-perspirants & deodorants, however you need to look at the package to make sure it is indeed this combo and not simply "deodorant". Since odor is caused by bacteria, which flourish in wet environments, if you can find a product that completely stops the wetness you'll find that your underarms smell very little, if at all.

The mistake that most people make is applying anti-perspirant right before you engage in activity or step outside. The product needs time to be absorbed in to the skin and swell the pores up. What i've found is 1.5-2 hours between the application and going out is ideal. The reason that your t-shirts stain when you sweat is because the aluminum in the anti-perspirant mixes with your perspiration and turns in to a compound that discolors fabric. The are 2 ways around this:
  • Allow enough time for the anti-perspirant to settle in! (You don't apply lotion to your skin, wash it off right after, and expect your skin to still be moisturized do you?) Like stated previously, 1.5-2 hours (for regular anti-perspirant) before you go out (and are not sweating) allows time for the product to settle in. OR
  • Don't wear anti-perspirant (obviously not the best choice if you're looking at this)
I HAD a wetness problem, and tried everything under the sun...until Certain-Dri entered my life

BS_CertainDri_366.jpg

It's pretty much the strongest thing on the market you can get without a prescription, and believe me... it works. Just make sure to get the ROLL ON variety (pictured above) and not the solid (pictured below):

certaindrisolidbox001-266x300.jpg

Follow the directions exactly (i.e....apply it before you go to bed or at least 5 hours before you have to wake up... yes you CAN take a shower after it has settled in). For added protection I set my alarm 2 hours before I have to wake up and have my Right Guard right beside me and apply a few strokes as well. This combo literally had my arms arid dry while the rest of my body was drenched when I was working my moving job these past few 90 degree days in NYC.

Thank me later.
Goodlook I'll have to try this out.

One of my friends suffer from hyperhidrosis, the solution that helped prevent less sweating was using an antiperspirant that contained a higher amount ofaluminum. Type in "hyperhidrosis" on google and there a so many tips to prevent sweating profusely.

I'm going to cop some Certain Dri....

These "Clinical Strength" joints are a joke.....

yeah and it just started to happen a few months ago
mad.gif

i usually put on my deodorant right before i go out so i guess ill stop doing that now

one word: undershirts

v necks for the button ups, regular tees for your other shirts. antiperspirants will stain, and wifebeaters don't always catch sweat, especially if youdon't wear your shirts baggy

Originally Posted by Nickthestick91

I wrote a long and informative post in the other deodorant thread. You should search for that thread and read what I had to say.
Anyone know where this post is? I gotta throw away my shirts after I wear them 3 times cause they get all discolored under the armpits from my sweating.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I copied and pasted what I had to say there, below (I also added additional information in bold about discoloring t-shirts):

First off, deodorant does not stop wetness, it gets rid of odor by destroying the odor causing bacteria and/or masking the odor with fragrance. What you want is an anti-perspirant, which stops wetness via swelling the pores in the underarms to prevent sweat from leaking out. Most "deodorants" are actually anti-perspirants & deodorants, however you need to look at the package to make sure it is indeed this combo and not simply "deodorant". Since odor is caused by bacteria, which flourish in wet environments, if you can find a product that completely stops the wetness you'll find that your underarms smell very little, if at all.

The mistake that most people make is applying anti-perspirant right before you engage in activity or step outside. The product needs time to be absorbed in to the skin and swell the pores up. What i've found is 1.5-2 hours between the application and going out is ideal. The reason that your t-shirts stain when you sweat is because the aluminum in the anti-perspirant mixes with your perspiration and turns in to a compound that discolors fabric. The are 2 ways around this:
  • Allow enough time for the anti-perspirant to settle in! (You don't apply lotion to your skin, wash it off right after, and expect your skin to still be moisturized do you?) Like stated previously, 1.5-2 hours (for regular anti-perspirant) before you go out (and are not sweating) allows time for the product to settle in. OR
  • Don't wear anti-perspirant (obviously not the best choice if you're looking at this)
I HAD a wetness problem, and tried everything under the sun...until Certain-Dri entered my life

BS_CertainDri_366.jpg

It's pretty much the strongest thing on the market you can get without a prescription, and believe me... it works. Just make sure to get the ROLL ON variety (pictured above) and not the solid (pictured below):

certaindrisolidbox001-266x300.jpg

Follow the directions exactly (i.e....apply it before you go to bed or at least 5 hours before you have to wake up... yes you CAN take a shower after it has settled in). For added protection I set my alarm 2 hours before I have to wake up and have my Right Guard right beside me and apply a few strokes as well. This combo literally had my arms arid dry while the rest of my body was drenched when I was working my moving job these past few 90 degree days in NYC.

Thank me later.

I stand by what this man(The Bachellor) says,i hit him up 2 weeks ago to ask him about details of the product etc.
I used to sweat like i been in a marathon,and im just waiting for the bus stop
ohwell.gif
.But now with this it completely has stopped i don't even use it everyday just one roll or whenever i think about it(at night of course).
Now,all i need is something for my back
laugh.gif
...But in a bright note i canfinally wear all these light colors again
pimp.gif

Much appreciated for this info,and recommended for people who perspire excessively like i once did.

Back
Top Bottom