NT Fam, Free Prescription Glasses Today (-s&h)

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Originally Posted by Mister916

Same everything just different E-mail.
They don't have a way of checking for multiple orders?
nerd.gif
You even used the same coupon code as last time, not the coupon they included with the glasses?
Apparently not. I used the same code that's on their home page right now. FIRSTPAIRFREE

Originally Posted by macbk

I'm not trying to drop $50+ (or whatever the rate might be) for an up-to-date eye exam. I don't think my eyes have gotten any worse/better since my last exam a year or two ago (long time, I know). Is there anyway to get my old prescription information?

This is what you do. Call your old optometrist. Say you moved and would like them to e-mail you your old prescription for your new optometrist to use as reference.

I'm not trying to drop $50+ (or whatever the rate might be) for an up-to-date eye exam. I don't think my eyes have gotten any worse/better since my last exam a year or two ago (long time, I know). Is there anyway to get my old prescription information?

your doctor wont give it to you, they will make you come in to get a new exam unless you have the prescription stored somewhere in your house. sucks but thats how it is, those doctors trying to make money

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

This is what you do. Call your old optometrist. Say you moved and would like them to e-mail you your old prescription for your new optometrist to use as reference.
Just called. They said they don't e-mail but to come in and they'll give it to me. Sweet.

It's odd that they're obligated by law to not release your prescription because it can "expire" after two years, but there's no law against wearing old glasses. Those doctors are cookin.

got mine today, kinda ugly
laugh.gif
but good enough to wear around the house so i can give me eyes a rest from contacts.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

It's odd that they're obligated by law to not release your prescription because it can "expire" after two years, but there's no law against wearing old glasses. Those doctors are cookin.
So I went to pick up my prescription today, and turns out your post was the outcome. I hadn't been there apparently in over two years (definitely did not seem that long), and they didn't even have my prescription on file
laugh.gif

I might as well go for a new eye exam anyway at this point, it can only help me.

i purchased to different pairs and i love them. 2 appealing glasses for under $22 shipped? nobody can beat that.

Originally Posted by Mexcellence

Got mine today, worst pair of glasses ever. 
Prescription was way off. 

You can only blame yourself. You probably didnt put your info in correctly or use the correct PD. I'd double check your order vs your prescription

Is this serious?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

sooperhooper wrote:

Is this serious?

Thanks.

Yes. Think about it. If you're supposed to wear glasses to drive, and you hit someone wearing your 5 year old prescription, it's going to be your fault. Wearing glasses that old can be the same or worse than not wearing them at all. Now for some people their prescription doesn't change that much or at all in 2 years, but most peoples will change eventually. Mine has actually went from worse to better to worse in 10 years.

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

You can only blame yourself. You probably didnt put your info in correctly or use the correct PD. I'd double check your order vs your prescription

Exactly. No one else is complaining. Either you goofed or it's possible that they messed something up. You can switch them out, check the site. I ordered Sunday and they shipped last night. Should be here Thursday.

Waiting on my two pairs. Hope I got the PD correct by measuring myself. I don't have strong prescription so I should be good.

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

Exactly. No one else is complaining. Either you goofed or it's possible that they messed something up. You can switch them out, check the site. I ordered Sunday and they shipped last night. Should be here Thursday.
I tried blaming myself at first until I saw they screwed it up. Called them up, they're sending me a new pair. Felt like puking 5 seconds after I put them on, something was def. not right. 

Originally Posted by diew its james

^what did they screw up on?
The prescription itself, looks like they may have confused my right and left eye lol. I guess i'm disappointed because I really wanted to like them 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by diew its james

^what did they screw up on?
The prescription itself, looks like they may have confused my right and left eye lol. I guess i'm disappointed because I really wanted to like them 
ohwell.gif
did you send it back and they will fix it for free?

^ just put in any numbers and replace the lenses when you get them?

broke my glasses last night, came up on this thread just in time
laugh.gif
now i just gotta get my prescrip info

Back
Top Bottom