NT Gardeners Thread

D197B43E-8DCA-4F95-892B-0871A7180B06.jpeg

3BDA58BF-53FB-4C71-8097-7668CE77091E.jpeg

I’m pretty shocked how well my orange and grapefruit trees did inside my basement for months. With lows hovering around the 60s in DC I’m gonna put them back outside today.
B632B882-3523-4D83-BFCF-BA0A28391BB6.jpeg
Wassup man. :pimp:

Info on what you got going on there.

You grew both from seed?

Type?

Looks good man. Damn. Any special lighting in the house?

They are just sprouting now still. I’ll def update the thread soon. got some spinach and lemon basil going too. I waited a week or 2 too long to transplant them to bigger pots so I think I slowed the growing down. But once I switched them I could tell there was new growth right away

I’ll post my moms garden soon too. Her **** is nice :lol:

I'm currently growing the following:

Bell peppers
Ghost peppers
Cayenne peppers
Sweet mint
Sweet peas
blueberries
Cherokee purple tomatoes
Grapes
Blackberries
Squash
Watermelon
Watercress
Onions (different types)
Etc.

But I'm about to start growing Carolina reapers, brandywine pink tomatoes, romaine lettuce and I want to start a mango tree.

1593350033203.png
I'm currently growing the following:

Bell peppers
Ghost peppers
Cayenne peppers
Sweet mint
Sweet peas
blueberries
Cherokee purple tomatoes
Grapes
Blackberries
Squash
Watermelon
Watercress
Onions (different types)
Etc.

But I'm about to start growing Carolina reapers, brandywine pink tomatoes, romaine lettuce and I want to start a mango tree.

Which Grow Zone are you in?

1593350032534.png

Last edited:
Nice. I've been taking care of indoor plants for about 4 years now. I'm ready to start growing outside on my yards soon. I'm currently prepping the front so that I can plant local plants for next spring. I also would like to start growing vegetables in the back. That woodchip method is very resourceful. I'm considering that and some raised beds.

Nice. I've been taking care of indoor plants for about 4 years now. I'm ready to start growing outside on my yards soon. I'm currently prepping the front so that I can plant local plants for next spring. I also would like to start growing vegetables in the back. That woodchip method is very resourceful. I'm considering that and some raised beds.
Good to hear man.

I repeat, do NOT waste your money filling up your Raised Bed with JUST soil.

Good to hear man.

I repeat, do NOT waste your money filling up your Raised Bed with JUST soil.
I'd need to make sure to put organic material/compost along with it. Also maybe some sand at the bottom for drainage? I've a long road ahead of me.

A few of my dragon fruit:

American Beauty Dragon Fruit
amer.jpg

Connie Mayer dragon fruit flowering tonight
connie mayer.jpg

connie 2.jpg

Delight (Pink flesh) dragon fruit
del.jpg

Sugar S 8 dragon...tested the brix and it was at 26
s8.jpg

Purple Haze
ph.jpg

grafted a Red Sugar Apple Annona scion onto a root stock cherimoya in the Spring. Now we got fruit
sugar apple.jpg

How do yall manage these got damn Mosquitoes?

Man, I am at the point where I am about to just get rid of all my grass and cover it up with carboard/woodchips.

I gotta go outside in the SUMMER in sweatpants, long sleeves, and a damn skull-cap. There HAS to be a better way..........

Back
Top Bottom