NT, help me pick a basketball. Wilson Solution vs Nike Elite Championship

Originally Posted by a55a5in11

don't listen to what people say about NBA balls. after about a week or two of breaking it in those things are amazing. they play with broken in balls (pause) in the league

no they arent.

get tf-1000 or the wilson evolution

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Is it that serious?? I usually just go in the store dribble a few and make a decision. As long the ball is properly inflated and doesn't stick like glue it can't be that bad. $50 on a bball yea right. How bballs have you lost or have had stolen in the past?? Yea I'll wait.
Well, it's a bit different once you're older and play in men's leagues and such.  In HS and college I never had a ball that was over $20.....anything over that price, I thought it was out of my budget.

TF-1000s are nice balls. I have a wilson evolution i stole from my highschool it was a gameball and it is nice. I like the leather alot

Official Leather NBA ball>______________

Those Composite balls suck when they're wet... NBA balls get better when they're wet...

My New one (Its not so new now, I got about a months worth of usage out of it)

My old, Broken in ball

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

My ball is looking something like this

basketball-concrete-court-800photograph-20mar2011a.jpg

I should invest in one too
laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
the good old days.
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Official Leather NBA ball>______________

Those Composite balls suck when they're wet... NBA balls get better when they're wet...

My New one (Its not so new now, I got about a months worth of usage out of it)

My old, Broken in ball
for how long did u use that broken in ball? does it still retain its use? i actually have the "alternate" Nba ball they used in 2006, the one players claim cut them. Broken in its great. Also, composite balls tend to be smaller than leather balls and the Molten Fiba Ball is easy to spot so it'll be hard for someone to steal it easily but i hear nothing but great reviews for the official ball...

also a great tidbit i traded a pair of powder IX's for a Zi/o Excel ball i thought was signed by Luis Scola, from a friend. playing with it one day  and a Rockets ball boy told me its actually signed by Yao Ming. Of course this was 2 days after he retired and after I wrote my name on 2 different panels.
sick.gif

I used it for about a year and its still good, its just a little dirty from playing on dusty floors...Once leather balls get dirty, there's no cleaning them...its just gonna be dirty, but it still feels good once your hands get moist.

If you expect the Official ball to feel like the Evolution or a Tf-1000 once it's broken in, you might as well not buy it...because a leather ball will NEVER feel like those balls. Those composite balls have a built in cushioning system in them... Leather balls are hard and they remain hard even after they're "broken in"...

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

I used it for about a year and its still good, its just a little dirty from playing on dusty floors...Once leather balls get dirty, there's no cleaning them...its just gonna be dirty, but it still feels good once your hands get moist.

If you expect the Official ball to feel like the Evolution or a Tf-1000 once it's broken in, you might as well not buy it...because a leather ball will NEVER feel like those balls. Those composite balls have a built in cushioning system in them... Leather balls are hard and they remain hard even after they're "broken in"...
i actually use papaya soap and a toothbrush to clean my bballs but thats what Im worried about when it comes to leather ball- the maintaining. thanks for the input

Should I have created a new thread? well i am looking for an outdoor ball.. last i had was wilson ball that only lasted a few weeks......

I played with a nike elite last night .. it was pretty worn though not sure if they played outside with it or not.

overall it was decent I guess, grip was still there but hard to determine with the ball in like a 6 or 7 out of 10 condition. I did almost buy one Saturday though, local sporting goods store had a sale on basketballs. But i refrained

I need a new ball as well, think I'm going with the Evolution or Solution.

Other than eBay the only place I've seen TF-1000 without classic or legacy was on Target's website you have to order it. But I'm pretty sure they will send you the Classic or Legacy since the regular/Old model isnt being made any more

Got the new Wilson NBA game ball. It was $200 + tax and it feels exactly like the old Spalding :smh:

Back
Top Bottom