NT Help! What to do in Chicago Jan 8-11

NT...

my girl and i are going to Chicago this weekend (specifically Jan. 8-11)

i was wondering what is there to do out there? anything crazy going on this weekend that we should check out for sure?

i been there before and she hasn't, so i wanna take her to the field museum, art institute of chicago, millenium park, michigan avenue, sears tower/hancockcenter...but i'm not sure where else to go.

what are some good food spots too...i can't go starving while i'm out there...haha.

could any NTers from Chicago or those who been there help me out? thanks!

Field Museum is weak. Go to Science and Industry. Not sure if you would like Navy Pier but it is one of the biggest tourist attractions in Chicago.
The rest of your plan sounds good.

FYI more things to do around the Hancock. Sears Tower has a nice view if you never been there but if it is cloudy just skip that. As far as eating depends onwhat you like.

I would suggest to go to the Hancock at night its a great view especially on a clear night especially when looking at Sears tower and then the Sears towerduring the day.

Obviously take her to see the bean and at Millenium park is an ice rink. I took my gf there one time and we ice skated, it was pretty cute
grin.gif

A restaurant Ive gone to, its Greek food, is Santorini, but definately when youre out there you should check out one of the famous Chicago pizza places. LouMalnatti's, Giordano's, are some but I would definately suggest the Original Uno's pizzeria off of Ohio. Definately good stuff.

Another thing on State Street is the ABC brodacast building, and if you get there at the right time could get yourself on TV for the news or something, or atleast the live broadcast.

I was there on Tuesday and this past weekend too and went to a place called Cafe Laguardia, a Cuban restaurant. I would most definately check that out onenight. Its worth the trip. http://www.cafelaguardia.com/http://www.cafelaguardia.com/

Just a couple of things I could think of. Hope it helps!
smile.gif

hub 51 is a new restaurant right outside the loop by harey careys and ruths chris, ive been there twice and it was real good, also the grand luxe cafe onmichigan ave is really good food for lunch... its got like 150 menu items

I dont really know what your wallet is lookin like (not that its any of my business), but if youre going to the hancck center you may want to consider havinglunch or brunch in the signature room. Its in the building on the 95 floor and overseas everything. I didnt mention dinner because that menu is much moreexpensive. If you do consider going, check their website becauase there is a dress code.

Originally Posted by demondeac2010

hub 51 is a new restaurant right outside the loop by harey careys and ruths chris, ive been there twice and it was real good, also the grand luxe cafe on michigan ave is really good food for lunch... its got like 150 menu items

grand luxe is pretty good. drinks are good to.

Fun Things to Do in Chicago:

Yeah like dude said hit up that Ice Skating rink in Millenium Park
Go Have some Pizza at Giordano's (If you get this crsut get it with extra sauce!)
If you would like to have some steak AND NOT break your wallet, go to Webber Grill and order the Skirt Steak (I promise you wont regret it!)
For the Night Scene hit up one of these spots - OHM, 720, Green Dolphin, Sangria just to name a few
You can hit up Dave & Buster's too for a lil fun
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom