NT how did you quit smoking weed? I'm finna quit.... (Srs topic.. Mods pls lock if inappropriate..)

I can't really comment on any effects on you besides memory. After a month or so of not smoking, your head will be clearer, sharper and memory will be better also.

And you've been smoking only for a year, you'll be ok. Its hard to "quit" for the first time. If you do decide to smoke again, it'll be easier to deal with. You'll be pro.

Spoiler [+]
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

How does OP have pics in his sig?

Mind Blown.

nerd.gif
  but i quit easily. i started getting paranoid while high and having anxiety attacks so i just laid off it.

weed aint even big #$*$.. i used to smoke like 7 - 10 times a day, when i decited to quit I just went with it.. PPl just to hit me up and i just be like nah i dont smoke.. i got like a year with out smoking or even wanting to smoke.

I've been going on 3 months without kush after I smoked everyday for 2 years. Like dude above said, you gotta find a hobby that'll keep you busy. Worst is at nights tho. First couple weeks will seem hard but after that you should be fine.

Been smoking almost everyday for the past ~ 2 years. thinking about quitting soon...it's so damn hard though
30t6p3b.gif

Quitting herb is nothing...dudes make it seem like your're going through heroine withdrawal or something. I can burn it down heavy and then quit with no problem.

laugh.gif
Damn OP, you sound JUST like me. I've been
pimp.gif
heavy for about 8 months I'd say.

I always say I'm going to quit, that each bag is my last. But I'm still productive when I
pimp.gif
. If I
pimp.gif
before a workout, I run faster then when I dont... explain that one
roll.gif

I decided though after the Dec 1st WTT show I am done smoking and drinking until New Years. I had my year of fun, and its time to get it together. If I'm hanging out with a friend and he offers to blaze, I won't say no, but won't be buying anymore for myself.

My last blunt/joint/whatever will be Jan. 1st 2012 during the sunrise, and it HAS to be some loud or exotic. Then after I'll be quitting until SB.

smoked for two years non stop let my tolerance go down for 10 months . the first month is the hardest after that its smooth sailing. started up again cuz ganja is medicine and very good for well being. smoked for 4 yrs non stop it helped me stay off prescription meds when i had surgery i knew i would get addicted to opiates easily so i chiefed chiefed hard. after 4 yrs of smoking all day everyday and making good decisions i wouldnt have made with alcohol or other drugs, i have gone clean once again. its been 4 months and honestly getting off the flowers isnt hard at all. drinking is much worse hard to break. but for the cannabis, just stay active and know that life continues on. one thing that really helped me was drinking mate all day long from the time i wake to the time i pass out. it really helps cravings of all sorts. mate=truth it has never let me down. so good for your body mind and soul. mary will always have a spot in my life but she needs to be respected in ways that some people just dont know or realize. weed is a gift we shouldnt abuse it. good luck, get your head right and stay off drugs (alcohol and cigs are very addictive drugs)

yerba mate      is a infusion of dried holly leaves   that you make into a drink similar to tea/coffee.
you drink it out of this bong looking cup with a silver straw    
its basically chronic and is the one of the best things you can consume. i get blown off of it  the vibrations i get from it are amazing  it has stuck with me through times of good and bad. it comes from south america:northern argentina,paraguay,uruguay,southern brasil.   it has all the essential chemicals one needs to sustain life. usually drank wiht hot water its is quite bitter. but you can drink it with any liquid    cold water   herbed infused water  warm milk  soda   juice  vodka   anything.  its has a really unique taste  some say really bitter. but when you make a large bowl and extraxt it with as little water as possible, it has a special taste that is slightly sweet but just chronic. liquid gold. i will stop smoking drinking  but i cannot go with mate in my life. i've been in a 7yr binge and dont see and en. it so good for you and can bring people together. they drink it all day in the areas of south america.   its good with a smoke too.   nothing like some good ganja and good mate together. and it helps with alcohol too      a very synergistic herb it is a catalyst to other herbs and chemicals. mate=life 
gaucho-drinking-mate-copia.jpg

img-12505.jpg
el_mate.jpg

I just realized that there is too much at stake and it's not worth it (some places require drug tests).

Weed isn't physically addictive but it can be psychologically addictive. You seem to have very legit reasons for wanting to quit so it shouldn't be that difficult for you but if it is seek some help.

You know what you just need a reason to quit. If someone told me to quit I would laugh but I quit once for about 2 months because I need to take this drug course and I had to pee clean. Did it cold turkey, the key is to not surround yourself by weed. Tell your dealers you arent smoking for a while and delete their numbers. All you have to do is say no its not like they sell weed at the grocery store.

laugh.gif
@ how did you quit. Like it's addictive.

I feel sorry for yall who are genetically predisposed to addictive tendencies.

Originally Posted by Ryda421

one year ?
laugh.gif

These rookies.... In just a year your barely getting over those good high's. 
I think OP is just feeling the paranoia highs and is somewhat tripping about it. It is not bad at all tho.... I suggest you listen to the herb and stop for a while or change whatever is slapping you in the face while your smoking weed because the herb helps people and its trying to tell you something. After a couple years you will really feel if your 'addicted' or not.

I just came back from a 2 month break. Brain felt the same after 40 days except everything sucked. Weed is in me to stay so Ill take breaks but not quit.... if your responsible and take care of your things you can blaze in peace

I've smoked almost every night for the past 5 years or so.

I think of it more as a luxury. If I can do it and handle the rest of my *%# as well, why not?

Like someone said before...stop smoking on certain days. For myself I only use at most 2 packed in sized nugs in my one-hitter only after 9 p.m., I also don't smoke on sundays. Being a lone stoner helps too because i'm not surrounded by people who are always calling to go smoke.

I can say for sure my short-term memory has been affected, but other than that i'm gravy. My mondays are also less hazy because of not smoking on sunday.

If you wanna quit do it one day at a time.

Originally Posted by MrBrown

Ryda421 wrote:
one year ?
laugh.gif

These rookies.... In just a year your barely getting over those good high's. 

I think OP is just feeling the paranoia highs and is somewhat tripping about it. It is not bad at all tho.... I suggest you listen to the herb and stop for a while or change whatever is slapping you in the face while your smoking weed because the herb helps people and its trying to tell you something. After a couple years you will really feel if your 'addicted' or not.

I just came back from a 2 month break. Brain felt the same after 40 days except everything sucked. Weed is in me to stay so Ill take breaks but not quit.... if your responsible and take care of your things you can blaze in peace

QFT.

It's not the weed.

It's your priorities.

When you are mature enough to handle your workload and life. Then start to blaze... but for now. You need to get off of it. Especially since you are living with your parents still.

Back
Top Bottom