NT, how do I go about regaining the trust I had for her?

How do you get over your significant other lying to you, when you know they're genuinely sorry about it and admit to making a mistake? How do I keep myself from replaying the lies in my head? How I do I get over this insecurity, especially because I want to be with her. She's knows she made a mistake and we all make mistakes. There are many I made that she doesn't know about. I just don't want to feel like this because it's going to break us up. I want things to work out, she's an amazing girl.
frown.gif

How do you get over your significant other lying to you, when you know they're genuinely sorry about it and admit to making a mistake? How do I keep myself from replaying the lies in my head? How I do I get over this insecurity, especially because I want to be with her. She's knows she made a mistake and we all make mistakes. There are many I made that she doesn't know about. I just don't want to feel like this because it's going to break us up. I want things to work out, she's an amazing girl.
frown.gif

Where them pics at tho?

and what did she do?

If it bother you then move on, you aint got no kids do ya? If you dont then theres no ties..... man up bro

your mate should be perfect to your needs and if lying is not one of those things why you need that bird for?

Doggy pm me the nudes

Where them pics at tho?

and what did she do?

If it bother you then move on, you aint got no kids do ya? If you dont then theres no ties..... man up bro

your mate should be perfect to your needs and if lying is not one of those things why you need that bird for?

Doggy pm me the nudes

Whatever she lied about, you're going to think about it every day. And you're going to wonder if that's all she lied about. You're probably thinking about that right now.

Is it worth it?

Whatever she lied about, you're going to think about it every day. And you're going to wonder if that's all she lied about. You're probably thinking about that right now.

Is it worth it?

your post is a little too vague. who lied to who? Want to give us some insight to any specific details? I guess the only advice i can give is to really stress being honest about your feelings with each other. Tell her exactly whats running through your mind and explain to her how certain things she does makes you feel. Then demand that she do the same. Eventually you might find that you've revealed some honest insightful things that you wouldn't tell anybody else and that might bring you closer together so that you can regain some of that trust again. If you have trouble talking to each other, write notes or something. Get drunk together and talk, that might help. Good luck man

your post is a little too vague. who lied to who? Want to give us some insight to any specific details? I guess the only advice i can give is to really stress being honest about your feelings with each other. Tell her exactly whats running through your mind and explain to her how certain things she does makes you feel. Then demand that she do the same. Eventually you might find that you've revealed some honest insightful things that you wouldn't tell anybody else and that might bring you closer together so that you can regain some of that trust again. If you have trouble talking to each other, write notes or something. Get drunk together and talk, that might help. Good luck man

wow. OP, I don't know the exact circumstances, but this situation happened to me and my girl last night/this morning. Similarly, I'm stuck and don't know what to do. I really want to be with her but I don't see myself trusting her again when she drinks, and that will ruin a relationship.

Good luck and I hope everything works out between you and your girl.

wow. OP, I don't know the exact circumstances, but this situation happened to me and my girl last night/this morning. Similarly, I'm stuck and don't know what to do. I really want to be with her but I don't see myself trusting her again when she drinks, and that will ruin a relationship.

Good luck and I hope everything works out between you and your girl.

How amazing is she if the lie that she told you was so bad that it's tearing you apart inside? Don't cling to that bird. You can do better for yourself, bro. You deserve better.

How amazing is she if the lie that she told you was so bad that it's tearing you apart inside? Don't cling to that bird. You can do better for yourself, bro. You deserve better.

whatd she do? its possible that youre just overreacting. i know some people believe that "lying is lying is lying" but some cases are definitely worse than others.

whatd she do? its possible that youre just overreacting. i know some people believe that "lying is lying is lying" but some cases are definitely worse than others.

Originally Posted by SneakerFr

How amazing is she if the lie that she told you was so bad that it's tearing you apart inside? You can do better for yourself, bro.

Nobody is perfect, and like I said we all make mistakes. To think that there is a girl out there that will be honest 100% of the time is unrealistic IMO. In this case what she lied about wasn't cheating, but lying is lying. I'd never forgive cheating. I actually did break up with her over it, but after a few weeks I decided I wanted to move on and be with her knowing she was genuine about being sorry and admitting her mistake. With that said, ever since I got back with her, the lies will pop into my head causing me to resent her for what she did and in turn I get angry with her and start fights. It's not healthy. I just want to move on and rebuild what we had for 6 years. 

How amazing is she if the lie that she told you was so bad that it's tearing you apart inside? You can do better for yourself, bro.

Nobody is perfect, and like I said we all make mistakes. To think that there is a girl out there that will be honest 100% of the time is unrealistic IMO. In this case what she lied about wasn't cheating, but lying is lying. I'd never forgive cheating. I actually did break up with her over it, but after a few weeks I decided I wanted to move on and be with her knowing she was genuine about being sorry and admitting her mistake. With that said, ever since I got back with her, the lies will pop into my head causing me to resent her for what she did and in turn I get angry with her and start fights. It's not healthy. I just want to move on and rebuild what we had for 6 years. 

you don't bro, that's just the tip of the iceberg.  alot of girls are foul and i'd move on.  she's lying to you all the time i bet. 

you don't bro, that's just the tip of the iceberg.  alot of girls are foul and i'd move on.  she's lying to you all the time i bet. 

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Ah, I thought it was cheating. But even though it's not, whatever she lied about is causing a lot of unrest within you, bro. You admit that it's not healthy. You've been with her for 6 years, yet that one discrepancy on her part has caused u to resent her so much? And there's always a chance that she'll lie again down the road. It aint worth it IMO.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Ah, I thought it was cheating. But even though it's not, whatever she lied about is causing a lot of unrest within you, bro. You admit that it's not healthy. You've been with her for 6 years, yet that one discrepancy on her part has caused u to resent her so much? And there's always a chance that she'll lie again down the road. It aint worth it IMO.

Honestly OP if you can't forgive and forget, whatever it is she did will always be hovering in the back of your head.  Six years is alot of time, but theres no sense in being in an unhealthy relationship, maybe you should just be straight up with her and tell her how you feel?

Honestly OP if you can't forgive and forget, whatever it is she did will always be hovering in the back of your head.  Six years is alot of time, but theres no sense in being in an unhealthy relationship, maybe you should just be straight up with her and tell her how you feel?

"A relationship without trust, is like being in a car without gas.. You could stay in that mother @#%$&* for as long as you want, but that $@%# ain't goin nowhere"

Back
Top Bottom