NT: How do you "date"?

Pretty straightforward. How do you go about courting members of the opposite sex? Personally I take the method of getting as many numbers/contacts as I can but I really only use them when I'm trying to figure out something to do for the day/night. Not much talking in between 
ohwell.gif
/
pimp.gif
Lots of people I know tend to focus on one person until they either a) get more serious with that person or b) realize its going nowhere and move on the next. I'm curious to see how other people handle the situation

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Lots of people I know tend to focus on one person until they either a) get more serious with that person or b) realize its going nowhere and move on the next. I'm curious to see how other people handle the situation

That's pretty much what I do. I can usually tell within a short amount of time if it's worth it, if not then I move on.

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Personally I take the method of getting as many numbers/contacts as I can
from there my go to move is take a chick to Rita's for a $2 water ice, bring her back to the crib to watch t.v. / movies.  Repeat the process, it does not fail for me. 

once you say wanna watch a movie at my place... the rest is history. Pull the well its 3am I can drive you home, she gives you the o_O i thought i was sleepin over..... the rest is HISTORY. Im 3 for 3
pimp.gif

INS wrote:
once you say wanna watch a movie at my place... the rest is history. Pull the well its 3am I can drive you home, she gives you the o_O i thought i was sleepin over..... the rest is HISTORY. Im 3 for 3
pimp.gif

don't listen to this guy.

Originally Posted by iLike Turtles

INS wrote:
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Sco cuddie1

Originally Posted by iLike Turtles

INS wrote:
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

eyes.gif
 Rude.

Originally Posted by Nyota de la star

So nobody actually takes someone on a real date? Can you still call it "dating" then?

I can take you out on a date

So nobody actually takes someone on a real date? Can you still call it "dating" then?
lol this. ppl getting too comfortable too soon these days. thats why dating so complicated now.

it's true tho. nobody really goes on real dates anymore. or at least first date. nowadays people just ask someone if they wanna chill and smoke a blunt or go out to a bar. people don't really go on a real date until they've already hung out with the person a couple times and they feel like that's the type of person they'll actually want to date.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

lol this. ppl getting too comfortable too soon these days. thats why dating so complicated now.
This. My first date with my current girlfriend wasnt even a true date. She had tickets to an LSU home game and invited me after we met a couple days before(after a group of our friends decided we should meet). First time I ever didnt go the traditional route with going to eat, and what not. Best date ever. I think with dates you have to think outside the box and do something you both enjoy and not play into cliches 

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I don't now, man. It really depends on the chick. Some girls don't really like going out to resturants and stuff because they feel it's too cliche. There are different courses of action for different scenarios and it just depends on what you can pick up from the woman from just talking to her and what kind of first impression you want to give her. Taking a girl downtown for dinner and a movie versus taking her to an art museum or something will make a profound difference in how she views you, and you have to make sure you aren't just getting into the same kind of stuff all the time or you'll find your batting average slipping.

Usually I try to approach it from a Romeo kind of perspective. It's not really that hard, and I like to emphasize the little things that most dudes won't bother with. I'll buy a girl some $5-$10 dollar flowers and they'll be smitten about it. And instead of taking her to a restaurant, we'll just go to a matinee and I'll invite her over for dinner. You essentially pay a waiter's tip for the flowers, you save money on the movie by going earlier, and not only do you get her in your house (
devil.gif
) but you save money on food AND you get to see if she can cook.

You gotta get creative and tailor nights out to not only what you think she'll like, but to find out (and get) what you want.
pimp.gif

Glad you made this thread, I've been meaning to make something similar. My question is if I'm getting serious with a girl but still not her boyfriend, do you think its bad to still be smangin garden tools on the side?

Originally Posted by soltheman

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I don't now, man. It really depends on the chick. Some girls don't really like going out to resturants and stuff because they feel it's too cliche. There are different courses of action for different scenarios and it just depends on what you can pick up from the woman from just talking to her and what kind of first impression you want to give her. Taking a girl downtown for dinner and a movie versus taking her to an art museum or something will make a profound difference in how she views you, and you have to make sure you aren't just getting into the same kind of stuff all the time or you'll find your batting average slipping.

Usually I try to approach it from a Romeo kind of perspective. It's not really that hard, and I like to emphasize the little things that most dudes won't bother with. I'll buy a girl some $5-$10 dollar flowers and they'll be smitten about it. And instead of taking her to a restaurant, we'll just go to a matinee and I'll invite her over for dinner. You essentially pay a waiter's tip for the flowers, you save money on the movie by going earlier, and not only do you get her in your house (
devil.gif

You gotta get creative and tailor nights out to not only what you think she'll like, but to find out (and get) what you want.
pimp.gif
You invite her over.....to cook? lololol either thats wrong or BAWSE status.  Hey come to my place for dinner.....now get in the kitchen and make that dinner 
roll.gif

But I guess I am old fashioned.  I usually meet girls through friends, not much of a random chick at bar pick up kind of guy.  So we usually chill with friends exchange numbers text and take her out to eat if I really think our personalities fit.  If not just play the friend card.  I really like awkward first dinner dates for some reason.  Something always goes wrong and makes for good stories. 

edit: Needsomejays I personally think the BF-GF status means monogamy if you aren't officially BF and GF then plow the fields all you want.

Originally Posted by needsomejays

Glad you made this thread, I've been meaning to make something similar. My question is if I'm getting serious with a girl but still not her boyfriend, do you think its bad to still be smangin garden tools on the side?

I say if you're trying to earn her trust you stop with all the side garden tools. To each his own though.

Depends what qualifies as a date for you. What most people think of when they hear date is pretty lame to me. I feel comfortable in just about any situation so I prefer to do things outside the box to see if the female can do the same...if that makes any sense. Akward females FTL

But I guess I am old fashioned.  I usually meet girls through friends, not much of a random chick at bar pick up kind of guy.  So we usually chill with friends exchange numbers text and take her out to eat if I really think our personalities fit.  If not just play the friend card.  I really like awkward first dinner dates for some reason.  Something always goes wrong and makes for good stories.
Pretty much same here except for the dinner part. Not really something I like to do until I've chilled with her a few times. Again, akwardness FTL. I usually find myself controlling the convo over dinner and thats not always good when you're eating.

So what do you prefer? I'd say being comfortable around each other early on is a good sign. It is for me at least. You ever meet a person and almost right off the rip you start talking to them about things/subjects you normally wouldn't with someone you just met? That kinda thing

I say go for it until you guys agree there's a label on it. Might wanna subtly ask her where she thinks you guys are in the relationship though bc in her head you guys might already be an item

So what do you prefer? I'd say being comfortable around each other early on is a good sign. It is for me at least. You ever meet a person and almost right off the rip you start talking to them about things/subjects you normally wouldn't with someone you just met? That kinda thing

I understand what you are trying to say. but i dont think thats an excuse to shy away from traditional courting/dating. As a woman before i would come over your house or you come over mine, I would prefer we went out a few times. To public places (you could be a psycho and on the flip side so could i). Those dont have to be traditional like dinner and a movie...but something like meeting up for lunch or checking out a museum or game wtvr. The outing so to speak dosent even have to have a monetary value to it either. Even going for a walk downtown would even be cool. (locations vary)

I personally take offense and/or dont take a guy seriously if his first time wanting to see me (outside of when we initially met) is at his house...in college this was cool but post college...nah.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

I understand what you are trying to say. but i dont think thats an excuse to shy away from traditional courting/dating. As a woman before i would come over your house or you come over mine, I would prefer we went out a few times. To public places (you could be a psycho and on the flip side so could i). Those dont have to be traditional like dinner and a movie...but something like meeting up for lunch or checking out a museum or game wtvr. The outing so to speak dosent even have to have a monetary value to it either. Even going for a walk downtown would even be cool. (locations vary)

I personally take offense and/or dont take a guy seriously if his first time wanting to see me (outside of when we initially met) is at his house...in college this was cool but post college...nah.

I feel you. I've definitely pulled the "just come over and chill" thing but I can see why a chick would be turned off by it. For me its a matter of reading the female...most times you can tell whether she'd be down for that kinda party before you even ask. I'm curious as to why it was cool in college as opposed to after though.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by soltheman

I'll invite her over for dinner. You essentially pay a waiter's tip for the flowers, you save money on the movie by going earlier, and not only do you get her in your house (
devil.gif

pimp.gif
You invite her over.....to cook? lololol either thats wrong or BAWSE status.  Hey come to my place for dinner.....now get in the kitchen and make that dinner

Nah man,
roll.gif
. I'll start cooking and ask her something like "Hey, I was gonna cook ___, but I was wondering if you wanted anything in particular or if you had a favorite recipe you wouldn't mind teaching me?" I've always been a person to try to get the most out of a relationship. Not only do I wanna get to know the woman, but if she can teach me things and I can grow with her, then it makes the longevity of the relationship that much better, and you come to appreciate her even more...at least, I do. Not only are you getting her to "take off her cool," so to speak, by getting her involved in an engaging activity (e.g. cooking), but you're also learning from her while making her more comfortable in your environment. And if she can't cook, then she's learning from you, which is usually even more
pimp.gif
because then she'll respect you more. Never have I had a woman just sit on my couch while I was cooking. They've always joined in and even if I didn't get any, they left my place with a smile on their face because they had fun.

Cooking, bike rides, museums, etc are things that aren't too intimate and allows for a lot of fun to be had, but at the same time are versatile enough to allot personal time. You can learn a lot more from a woman by the way she acts while cooking in a kitchen or doing a project at an arts and crafts community class than you can at a restaurant or the movies. But that's just me.

This is of course women that are worth dating. I've tried to shy away from the random skeezers at parties and stuff over the last couple years 'cause theres been some close calls.
30t6p3b.gif
And more often than not, they're not worth the trouble they put you through.

Back
Top Bottom