NT how much do you txt ?

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

I talk on the phone for like 2 mins a day....Texting is better....

PLUS....You can say things to a female VIA text that might not go so well if you said it over the phone....

Yea but somethings you don't want visual proof of
smokin.gif

I dunno how much I text, it's a lot though but I use BBM a lot as well.

woah woah woah nyrican..14,000?
was she the one who was mentioned in the news for that?
Btw i don't know. sk in and out box holds 100 before i have to empty it..i clear it out around 3 times a day. Sometimes i just push it to see if i canstill send and get them

i do around 5,000 texts a month give or take a hundred. ftw

Being that I've been living with my girfriend for the past 2 yrs, I rarely text. Having a BlackBerry, it's just a little bit of everything: text,email, IM/BBM, phone. It's crazy how people nowadays would rather send text messages than actually SPEAK to someone.

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

woah woah woah nyrican..14,000?
was she the one who was mentioned in the news for that?
Btw i don't know. sk in and out box holds 100 before i have to empty it..i clear it out around 3 times a day. Sometimes i just push it to see if i can still send and get them

i do around 5,000 texts a month give or take a hundred. ftw
yeah 14,000. I was shocked when I saw that. Good thing we got unlimited text

Not much but my sister texted 14,000 last month

This wouldn't happen to be your sister

By SUSANNAH CAHALAN
Click for photo gallery
HOLD THE PHONE! Greg Hardesty tries to pry a cellphone out of the madly typing fingers of his 13-year-old daughter, Reina. "Who are you texting, anyway? Your entire school?" he asked her recently.
HOLD THE PHONE! Greg Hardesty tries to pry a cellphone out of the madly typing fingers of his 13-year-old daughter, Reina. "Who are you texting, anyway? Your entire school?" he asked her recently.
PreviousPauseNext

PHOTOS: Text-Crazed Teen

Last updated: 12:30 pm
January 17, 2009
Posted: 2:09 am
January 11, 2009

Greg Hardesty didn't LOL when he got his teen daughter's cellphone statement.

All he could think was "OMG!"

PHOTOS: Text-Crazed Teen

The California man's 13-year-old daughter, Reina, racked up an astonishing 14,528 text messages in one month. The online AT&T statement ran 440 pages.

"First, I laughed. I thought, 'That's insane, that's impossible,' " the 45-year-old dad said. "And I immediately whipped out the calculator to see if it was humanly possible."

He found it was - barely.

It works out to 484 text messages a day, or one every two minutes of every waking hour.

"Then I thought maybe AT&T made some mistake on the bill," said Hardesty, of Silverado Canyon.

The reporter for the Orange County Register grilled his daughter on her texting habit - by text message, of course.

"Who are you texting, anyway? Your entire school?" he asked.

"Well, a lot of my friends have unlimited texting. I just text them pretty much all the time," she explained.

She messages a core of "four obsessive texters" - all girls between the ages of 12 and 13 - on her LG phone.

Reina had a karaoke birthday party, and while other people were singing, she was texting her best friend sitting right next to her.

She even texted her friends to brag about the high number of text messages she had logged when her parents got the statement.

Her texting soared last month because "it was winter break and I was bored," Reina told her parents.

Luckily, Hardesty has a phone plan that allows unlimited texting for $30 a month. Otherwise, he estimates, he would have owed AT&T $2,905.60 at a rate of 20 cents per message.

The average number of monthly texts for a 13- to 17-year-old teen is 1,742, according to a Nielsen study of cellphone usage.

Hardesty admits he himself punches in 900 messages a month - 700 more than average for his age group, according to Nielsen.

Hardesty and his ex-wife have since placed restrictions on Reina's cellphone use, ruling she cannot text after dinner.

about 6000-7000 per month my mom was all
eek.gif
.. my parents are mad corny they call me the "text messaging queen"
indifferent.gif

when i wake up i already have atleast 1 text and i text all day during school and i text at work and i text til i go to sleep. once i recieved my cell phonebill in a box because i had 130 pages of nothing but text...at&t had to pay a little over $7 to ship it.

DRjordanlover45 wrote:
From 12/17 - 1/16

sending and receiving total was 7,949

how much do you guys txt ?

tooooo much!

10,000 sending and receiving
laugh.gif

im not kidding either...no ducktales here

Originally Posted by ricerocket1

i rarely text...since we are talking about texting does anyone know how much is the international phone calls and text is? ive been out of the country the past 2 weeks and i kinda used my phone..=(
RIP
laugh.gif

International Charges FTW, especially w/ Sprint. Even they local stuff exspensive

Originally Posted by Emsterr

eek.gif
indifferent.gif

eek.gif
i would be too.. i was beasting last month and only managed to get in 2700+ ... and my texts consist of 3-4 words a piece on avg.
laugh.gif
it would takearound 10 texts to get my point across
smh.gif

I put a block on my text messaging last year around this same time and I have never looked back. I couldn't be happier either, I like to talk to people.

Originally Posted by DRjordanlover45

Originally Posted by Emsterr

eek.gif
indifferent.gif
my cousins call me the text king
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

i never knew i had a king....
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I feel like I text a whole lot, and I'm only hitting like 1,500 max. I can't imagine texting as much as you all.
laugh.gif

i use to have unlimted on verizon but now i moved to cingular and now have 1500 total text... kinda weird bc all my friends have cingular so i can finally callthem for free.. but it wount use my minutes lol. weird

Back
Top Bottom