NT, I Learned An Important Lesson Today VOL. SPITE is the Root Of Evil

NT Fam, I feel like a d-bag today because I made a huge mistake, and I hope my story can resonate within some of you so that you don't make a similar mistake. It's not a "lesson" you haven't learnt before, but here goes:

I had an important mid-term today, and I studied my *** off for it. I have the class with a really close friend of mine; we both studied together, but I understand the material a bit more than he does. I figured we were both adequately prepared though.

We sit next to one another but he sits next to the left-hand aisle so he gets stuck with the "lefty" desk. I'm sitting next to him with a righty desk and there's an Asian kid sitting next to me. I've never seen this kid in my life, so I knew he was one of the people who only showed up when there's an exam or assignment due.

We start the exam, and I see this kid almost blatantly looking at my exam. We have the test booklet and a scantron, so I start marking my questions wrong on the booklet and then mark them correctly on the scantron. When I finish, I write on the booklet, "In case you were looking, I marked every question WRONG. Good luck." I glance his way after I know he's read it and the kid is traumatized. I then pick my bag up, turn in my exam (which I'm pretty sure I aced), and walk out of class feeling like a boss.

My friend comes out with a smile on his face so I knew we both killed it. I tell him,

"Yo I'm sorry I took so long, the kid next to me was looking at all of my answers so I took some time marking them wrong and making sure my scantron was correct."

As soon as I say it, his expression just blanks.

"You mean...ALL of them were incorrect? On the test booklet?"

My stomach dropped. He'd been facing the opposite direction because of his awkward desk, so I hadn't even thought of him possibly looking at my paper. I was too busy trying to screw the kid who was cheating next to me that I screwed my best friend. He said he changed five answers, but on a test with only 30 questions he can now only earn an 84% at best, assuming he missed no other questions. Yeah, he shouldn't have been looking at my exam in the first place, but the fact of the matter is that if I hadn't been so SPITEful towards the kid next to me, all three of us could have gone on with great grades and a greater day. Now my friend will possibly fail the class, the other kid probably hates me, and I'm officially a d-bag. This is honestly the worst I've felt in a long time, and it's probably one of the hardest lessons I've ever had to learn. So learn from my mistakes, and if you ever feel the need to do something spiteful PLEASE remember my story. It's better to just let things go. You never know how much your wrong actions may affect the people around you.

soft

jk..hey man that life right there...for you to advance and move up in the world...the people who werent prepared get left behind...its a dog eat dog world..you did WHAT You had to do to pass. its all that matters...dont feel bad

Last edited:
Why you worrying about the next dude b.

It's a lesson for everyone, especially your friend.

soft

jk..hey man that life right there...for you to advance and move up in the world...the people who werent prepared get left behind...its a dog eat dog world..you did WHAT You had to do to pass. its all that matters...dont feel bad

^^this....sometimes you have to be ruthless to become successful.

I don't cheat, but if I know someone is looking at my paper I don't give a damn. Never got why kids would go above lengths to not help someone out. Just my thoughts.

If anything you should feel bad that your friend had to cheat. I'd lose respect for a friend if he/she had cheated off my exam.

Last edited:
Bruce Negro. You should have listened to PowerBallin in the other thread. Why didn't you just throw coffee on your friend or give him a #3 pencil or one with no lead. You aren't savage enough. :smh:

Why would you feel bad?  Your friend should've told you before the test to hook him up with the answers.  And you're covering yourself, so the professor doesn't call you in for cheating if he notices that you and the other guy have exactly the same answers.  No need to feel bad, in my opinion...

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I've never covered my test answers in my life.  I def would never go out my way to "trick" a cheater.

Rule #1 take care of #1 .  You don't get any bonus by hurting the other man in this case.  Did the professor say "$100 to the highest score"? 

roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

If your friend truly studied like you said and grasped some of the material, Ithink he would have noticed that some of the answers he was putting were incorrect. Besides you taught your friend a lesson as well as the next kid.

Bruce Negro. You should have listened to PowerBallin in the other thread. Why didn't you just throw coffee on your friend or give him a #3 pencil or one with no lead. You aren't savage enough.
mean.gif
I get your lil sense of humor but hurting the next man during an exam is just corny.  You have nothing to gain.  Does the highest score get money? No.  Dude was just being a d-bag

If he would've just took his test and turned it like normal he wouldn't have hurt his friend.  But if his friend took care of #1 and studied then he wouldn't have got burned.

If I was Negro I wouldn't really care and just laugh it off.  

:rofl: I use to do this all the time.

Difference between you and me is I didn't like my friends copying off of me either so I'd still give them wrong answers. I don't know what it is but when ppl copy off of me there's just something about it that doesn't make me mad but I just can't let it stand or accept it. No matter who it is. Maybe it cuz more times than not when I take a test where I didn't study or am not not confident in passing I still do me and don't blatantly cheat off of someone else.

Your friend should've let you know he was going to do that coming in if you were willing though. That's just lack of communication.

Love that feeling after you screw over the two ppl on both sides cheating on you :smokin Even better when you get the tests back, you got a passing grade and they don't.

Spite is not the root of all evil btw. The real moral of this story is your friend should've worked hard, studied and tried to do his best on his own. He only has himself to blame. His fault he didn't know you were such a spiteful human being.

My friend isn't really blaming me for him failing, he's owned up to the fact that it was his fault. I just feel bad because it wasn't necessary for me to go out of my way do that, and a person I care about got hurt because of it. It just feels like that Peter Parker-Uncle Ben situation. If he hadn't been spiteful, his uncle wouldn't have gotten killed. I just feel like doing something that negative resulted in negativity I wasn't intending. Plus the class is an intermediate course in my major, and dude decided earlier in the semester he was going to switch to a different major, so his goal was just to pass the class as smoothly as possible and **** the courses... I just messed his GPA up for basically no reason. It's just a very unfortunate situation created by petty spite in my mind.

@JesusShuttlesworth34 Powerballin is ridiculous... he definitely would have done the same thing, but with intentions of luring in his friend. I'd rather not have my ascension to the top be littered with the bones of past "friends." It'd be awfully lonely up there.

should've spilled coffee on the dude next to you

Nah I've been in that situation before. It never really mattered to me in HS but when I got into college it always irked me when people would just straight try copying my test. At least you brought down the class average bruh, helped out the whole class :pimp:

1. You had nothing to gain by getting a better score than the next man.  You let your emotions lead you down that road.  An exam is all about you and not a competition with others.  I've never covered answers in my life.  I just don't care.  If they get a good grade off me so what we both know they don't have the knowledge.  Too emotional man.  You didn't even just cover your answers but you went out of your way to deceive the dude.  Its funny but OD.  

2. Your friend learned a lesson.  Take care of himself in this world

3. The cheater learned a lesson.  People are d-bags and he should take care of himself in this world.

JesusShuttlesworth I see you take alot of shots but I know you are smarter than what you are putting on.  I explained before what circumstances require ruthless behavior.  

Negro funny how you choose to judge me over the internet and ended up screwing your best friend.  My advice take care #1 and remove your emotions in situations and ask yourself what really matters.  The only thing that really matters was you getting a good grade and you did that.  But you did use extra energy to create an enemy for no reason. I could see if this was a direct head to head exam or something where competition mattered.  

But seriously Bruce Negro....how are you blaming yourself?

Why is it not ok for the random guy next to you to cheat.....but it's okay for your friend to cheat off you?

That doesn't seem consistent at all.

1. You had nothing to gain by getting a better score than the next man.  You let your emotions lead you down that road.  An exam is all about you and not a competition with others.  I've never covered answers in my life.  I just don't care.  If they get a good grade off me so what we both know they don't have the knowledge.  Too emotional man.  You didn't even just cover your answers but you went out of your way to deceive the dude.  Its funny but OD.  

2. Your friend learned a lesson.  Take care of himself in this world

3. The cheater learned a lesson.  People are d-bags and he should take care of himself in this world.

JesusShuttlesworth I see you take alot of shots but I know you are smarter than what you are putting on.  I explained before what circumstances require ruthless behavior.  

Negro funny how you choose to judge me over the internet and ended up screwing your best friend.  My advice take care #1 and remove your emotions in situations and ask yourself what really matters.  The only thing that really matters was you getting a good grade and you did that.  But you did use extra energy to create an enemy for no reason. I could see if this was a direct head to head exam or something where competition mattered.  

Touche....The loudest in the room is not necessarily the smartest. It's all in good fun, I've mad a lot of jokes yes......somewhere in there the truth lies.

the course material will only matter if its STEM course. if its some liberal arts course you more than likely wont use the information again. your professional skills will be developed at whatever job you end up with.

* meant to say if its an undergrad liberal arts, class ... and dont worry about it, your friend will be alright.

Last edited:
i dead *** would have looked at my BEST friend in the world and said "fool" and started rollin.
it's not like cheating is okay anyway. :lol:
i mean, idc...i help FRIENDS cheat SOMETIMES. spread the love ya know? but it's not like you are in the wrong. you prevented a slacker from comin up off your hard work and your friend got caught in the crossfire because he wasn't on his note.

Last edited:
Ehh, never cared about people cheating off me. I'm in school to learn and hopefully have a good time in the process, if I'm doing both what else matters? Some of you guys take things too personally.

Back
Top Bottom