NT in Gtown

This RSVP is getting crazy out here. Missed the foams yesterday then missed the 9s today. I gotta get it together for the 11s next week.

NikeDC is run by some really unprofessional people. The employees don't know SQUAT about the the technical aspects of the products "Oh yeah it's a good shoe." is what someone told me about the Air Max 2012's for doing SQUATS AND DEADLIFTS in.

I know what to wear, I was just picking their brain.

Because I'm bitter I wasn't hired.

I can't WAIT to hear feedback on the Stealth Foam release !

NikeDC is run by some really unprofessional people. The employees don't know SQUAT about the the technical aspects of the products "Oh yeah it's a good shoe." is what someone told me about the Air Max 2012's for doing SQUATS AND DEADLIFTS in.
I know what to wear, I was just picking their brain.
Because I'm bitter I wasn't hired.
I can't WAIT to hear feedback on the Stealth Foam release !
Most people wearing them don't know the technical aspect of the shoes. Why are you worried?

Last edited:
I Won the RE-RSVP for foams on Saturday (as in the 2nd rsvp for leftover pairs from fridays release) at around 1pm. The alloted time to pick up the shoes was from 3-4:30 pm. I had to drop everything I was doing (I was in Germantown mind you) and I got down there at 4:40 as traffic into Georgetown was a pain in the **** (as you can imagine during holiday season on a Saturday afternoon). I had a 20 minute talk with the manager (Martine, really nice lady from NYC btw) where she explained to me that corporate will not allow them to sell the shoes past the allotted time frame/window, and that if it was up to her she would. She told me that Nike has a certain experience it is tryin to build, and it seems to me that having LIMITED shoes/items and knowing that they MIGHT be unattainable is part of THAT experience, and that is MORE important than selling the shoes. I pleaded with her (as the shoes were an Xmas gift for a good friend) but to no avail. I asked her to consider extending the pickup time windows on future releases and I asked her to consider that the core/bulk of the sneakerheads customer base at Nike DC is from MD and Northern VA. She kept jokingly asking me "you know how much MORE of a headache i'll have on release days?" I made a couple of small suggestions for release protocol at the store from a customer perspective and stressed to her that these releases should keep the CUSTOMER in mind, as opposed to the STORE as it does now. All in all, she heard me out and gave me some background info on her retail career and the tough time she's had getting Nike DC off and running. It was good talk/learning experience and i genuinely hope she takes some of my suggestions seriously.

That said, I know about 6 employees PERSONALLY in that store. I can attest that they DO NOT keep stock for themselves. Some of the "Leads" MIGHT, but it is highly unlikely. Most leftover stock from RSVP's is either shipped out (IE DB 9's, to my disbelief), or "Gorilla'd" (a term the store manager explained means that they just drop the stock on the floor randomly and DO NOT announce/tweet it), such as leftover KD Mumbosauce V's, and other random Jordan, Nike Basketball or NSW releases as the Store is trying to avoid having people camp out/line up for releases or leftover RSVP pairs. FYI, employees have to wait 48 hrs to use their discount on a new release, and if they want a New/limited release, they have to rsvp as well (take that with a grain of salt). This is all info i've gathered from the heads i know in there as well as the manager, take it for what its worth. Hope this helps. FYI, it helps to have connects in there, as the discount is lovely. Take your time out and get to know some employees, network, it goes a long way.

I Won the RE-RSVP for foams on Saturday (as in the 2nd rsvp for leftover pairs from fridays release) at around 1pm. The alloted time to pick up the shoes was from 3-4:30 pm. I had to drop everything I was doing (I was in Germantown mind you) and I got down there at 4:40 as traffic into Georgetown was a pain in the **** (as you can imagine during holiday season on a Saturday afternoon). I had a 20 minute talk with the manager (Martine, really nice lady from NYC btw) where she explained to me that corporate will not allow them to sell the shoes past the allotted time frame/window, and that if it was up to her she would. She told me that Nike has a certain experience it is tryin to build, and it seems to me that having LIMITED shoes/items and knowing that they MIGHT be unattainable is part of THAT experience, and that is MORE important than selling the shoes. I pleaded with her (as the shoes were an Xmas gift for a good friend) but to no avail. I asked her to consider extending the pickup time windows on future releases and I asked her to consider that the core/bulk of the sneakerheads customer base at Nike DC is from MD and Northern VA. She kept jokingly asking me "you know how much MORE of a headache i'll have on release days?" I made a couple of small suggestions for release protocol at the store from a customer perspective and stressed to her that these releases should keep the CUSTOMER in mind, as opposed to the STORE as it does now. All in all, she heard me out and gave me some background info on her retail career and the tough time she's had getting Nike DC off and running. It was good talk/learning experience and i genuinely hope she takes some of my suggestions seriously.
That said, I know about 6 employees PERSONALLY in that store. I can attest that they DO NOT keep stock for themselves. Some of the "Leads" MIGHT, but it is highly unlikely. Most leftover stock from RSVP's is either shipped out (IE DB 9's, to my disbelief), or "Gorilla'd" (a term the store manager explained means that they just drop the stock on the floor randomly and DO NOT announce/tweet it), such as leftover KD Mumbosauce V's, and other random Jordan, Nike Basketball or NSW releases as the Store is trying to avoid having people camp out/line up for releases or leftover RSVP pairs. FYI, employees have to wait 48 hrs to use their discount on a new release, and if they want a New/limited release, they have to rsvp as well (take that with a grain of salt). This is all info i've gathered from the heads i know in there as well as the manager, take it for what its worth. Hope this helps. FYI, it helps to have connects in there, as the discount is lovely. Take your time out and get to know some employees, network, it goes a long way.
Yea i remember talking to her on the phone for the DB release and questioning why they had a 6:30-8 pm pick up time and she was really nice about it and said she couldn't do anything but she was cool as hell and proffesional. Eventually they changed the time to all day thank God but NT GT really needs to step up their game and make all day release pick ups because the store will be bombarded with people in that short time frame. So far my experience at the store is ok, the guy who works in the Jordan department doesn't know **** but talking to one of the leads and he was cool. 

sugestion for those getting stuck in traffic going to pick up a reserve, take the metro into the city.  Best bet.  I don't know what dudes in here schedule consist of, but i've done it everytime i've need to go to niketown and it never fails.

shoe releases are too much of a hassle these days. some people have no morals and will do anything to get a shoe. makes me not even wanna try sometimes.

if i cant walk right in a store and cop or get a shoe online close to retail price then im passing.

does anyone know when nikedc is doing the RSVP for the breds?

Today.

Here's a tip: Get Twitter updates sent to your text messages. They come in real time. Text: Follow @NikeDC to 40404. Same if you want to follow @Nikestore, etc. Only bad thing is that you will get EVERY tweet, even regular replies to folks. But it comes in handy if you're waiting to do a Twitter RSVP and don't want to sit in front of computer/hit refresh all day.

They usually come in seconds after the actual tweet (as the tweet has to be transmitted across networks and then SMS) but if anyone peeped it today, those texts came in MAD late... in fact, they came in AFTER the RSVP had closed... Anybody gotten a confirmation yet? I saw 3-4 NTers mention they had in the Jordan Forum....

They usually come in seconds after the actual tweet (as the tweet has to be transmitted across networks and then SMS) but if anyone peeped it today, those texts came in MAD late... in fact, they came in AFTER the RSVP had closed... Anybody gotten a confirmation yet? I saw 3-4 NTers mention they had in the Jordan Forum....
I usually get the texts instantaneously as i've been on both my comp and phone waiting for a tweet before. Didn't get a text or notification from their twitter acct about the RSVP at all. I got their previous tweets but nothing at all today. Not even the one about the girls hoodie. Missed the RSVP by 5 mins. >:

Last edited:
something's shady with the text system.

i learned that when i never got the stealth foam retweet for the remaining pairs... my phone never text me the jordan xi tweet... i was on twitter and sent them a DM within seconds of them posting and still havent wont. 0-4.

that said, something's fishy for sure... plus they never sent the tweet saying all winners have been notified via DM.

Same here. I had my phone and computer set up to DM and my phone never went off. Another L on this twitter fiasco.

This is for the birds for real.

I honestly think something is off down there... I mean, they had to have a ton of pairs yet only a handfull of people have confirmed.
they playing games for sure... sad that our Nike gotta be shady from day 1

Anyone get a text message when the Thunder tweet went out today? I got nothing from NYC or DC and I am subscribed to both. Whats going on?

Back
Top Bottom