NT: Is my Life Approach too extreme/a cop out?? Vo. M.O.B., isn't it?

Quick run down:

I'm 23. I graduate college this spring. I live at home in a room the size of a walk in closet with two sisters, grandparents and mom dukes. I drive a 98 Mazda Protege with no air conditioning.

I'm interning at a pretty big publishing firm and they love me. I'm looking at a job waiting for me when I graduate, and my peoples said as a graduation gift they'll match my downpayment on something nice, plust I've been saving for when I move out and my mans is waitin for me (no mediatakeout).

Here's my point: Everyone I know, from family to friends says the same thing: You need a girl.

My response: I am nowhere near doing it right now, and simply don't see a chick being willing to work with my situation. After I graduate and move out and start working, I feel like I'll be pulling the caliber of chicks I want, and will be overall enjoying my life more. I'd rather work hard as hell, not even try to get chicks, and just grind hard and make money and get good grades until May 2011 comes around.

Basically when I was younger (fresh, soph year of college) I was living on my own partying and not caring, but everything basically came crashing, and reality hit that I had to get it together. This led to me being more responsible, but also killed my confidence by the time I got to the point I'm at now.

The worst part of it all? I actually get chicks. I find myself with opportunities that I simply pass up or throw away because I don't think it'll work once she's in my room, which was painted teal and decorated with A&F posters by my sister while I was away. Or even once she gets into my sub-compact sedan with no AC. I'm Black, and as much as I love Black women this is just an impossibility once you're over 21.

Is it crazy that I have decided to basically avoid chicks out of feeling like a loser about my situation, knowing that in 8 months my life will be much better? Am I settling into a lack of confidence, or am I actually Dr. Doom?

Quick run down:

I'm 23. I graduate college this spring. I live at home in a room the size of a walk in closet with two sisters, grandparents and mom dukes. I drive a 98 Mazda Protege with no air conditioning.

I'm interning at a pretty big publishing firm and they love me. I'm looking at a job waiting for me when I graduate, and my peoples said as a graduation gift they'll match my downpayment on something nice, plust I've been saving for when I move out and my mans is waitin for me (no mediatakeout).

Here's my point: Everyone I know, from family to friends says the same thing: You need a girl.

My response: I am nowhere near doing it right now, and simply don't see a chick being willing to work with my situation. After I graduate and move out and start working, I feel like I'll be pulling the caliber of chicks I want, and will be overall enjoying my life more. I'd rather work hard as hell, not even try to get chicks, and just grind hard and make money and get good grades until May 2011 comes around.

Basically when I was younger (fresh, soph year of college) I was living on my own partying and not caring, but everything basically came crashing, and reality hit that I had to get it together. This led to me being more responsible, but also killed my confidence by the time I got to the point I'm at now.

The worst part of it all? I actually get chicks. I find myself with opportunities that I simply pass up or throw away because I don't think it'll work once she's in my room, which was painted teal and decorated with A&F posters by my sister while I was away. Or even once she gets into my sub-compact sedan with no AC. I'm Black, and as much as I love Black women this is just an impossibility once you're over 21.

Is it crazy that I have decided to basically avoid chicks out of feeling like a loser about my situation, knowing that in 8 months my life will be much better? Am I settling into a lack of confidence, or am I actually Dr. Doom?

If you are all too worried about how you would be perceived due to your current economic stand, then date women who are in the same pool as you. (IE: Student, low confident, poor, so on and so forth).

If you are all too worried about how you would be perceived due to your current economic stand, then date women who are in the same pool as you. (IE: Student, low confident, poor, so on and so forth).

I'm not understanding. You're about to graduate, you say you get the females, but you don't have confidence? 

EDIT: And that bit about Black women means nothing. No one wants to ride in a car with no a/c

I'm not understanding. You're about to graduate, you say you get the females, but you don't have confidence? 

EDIT: And that bit about Black women means nothing. No one wants to ride in a car with no a/c

If a chick won't mess with you because of the color of your room or because you drive a 98 Protege, thats not the type of chick you want to be with anyway. If you find a girl who see's your vision, is willing to stand by you through the tough times, and helps you achieve your goals... hold on to her. I would rather get with a woman like that then a woman who potentially wants to go along for the ride AFTER I've already gotten established.

If a chick won't mess with you because of the color of your room or because you drive a 98 Protege, thats not the type of chick you want to be with anyway. If you find a girl who see's your vision, is willing to stand by you through the tough times, and helps you achieve your goals... hold on to her. I would rather get with a woman like that then a woman who potentially wants to go along for the ride AFTER I've already gotten established.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

I'm about to graduate. But my current situation is straight doo doo outside of my professional/academic life. I have self esteem and whatnot, but I just don't see a female my age respecting anything about my situation.

It'd be cool to find a down chick, but they just don't seem to be out here or my blinders are on that tight.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

I'm about to graduate. But my current situation is straight doo doo outside of my professional/academic life. I have self esteem and whatnot, but I just don't see a female my age respecting anything about my situation.

It'd be cool to find a down chick, but they just don't seem to be out here or my blinders are on that tight.

Brother do you! If a female rolls with you then she rolls. To be real homie none of these chicks have anything that should make you feel like less of a MAN. Your a God homie so what if you don't drive a Benz and your room is teal. Trust me when I tell you that your in the best situation to find a real woman. What city do you live in?

Brother do you! If a female rolls with you then she rolls. To be real homie none of these chicks have anything that should make you feel like less of a MAN. Your a God homie so what if you don't drive a Benz and your room is teal. Trust me when I tell you that your in the best situation to find a real woman. What city do you live in?

Tell them your about to graduate and things are about to change. But first of all they shouldn't even care about your economical status but about who you really are.

Tell them your about to graduate and things are about to change. But first of all they shouldn't even care about your economical status but about who you really are.

Stop worrying about it, broke $%$$+$ need love too. You're not a bum, you're not stagnant, you're working towards something, and if she can't see that, like duke said, not the type of chick you want to wife. I used to worry about this %!!@ too, but it is what it is, don't put your life on hold.

***What used to get me about these chicks too, fine as +#%%, talking bout the baller they want, and i'd stop and look like, wait, this chick is broke as a @%*$%! she work at ihop.  Like how are you not even on that level wanting someone on that level?  crazy thing is they'll get it tho, just cuz.

Stop worrying about it, broke $%$$+$ need love too. You're not a bum, you're not stagnant, you're working towards something, and if she can't see that, like duke said, not the type of chick you want to wife. I used to worry about this %!!@ too, but it is what it is, don't put your life on hold.

***What used to get me about these chicks too, fine as +#%%, talking bout the baller they want, and i'd stop and look like, wait, this chick is broke as a @%*$%! she work at ihop.  Like how are you not even on that level wanting someone on that level?  crazy thing is they'll get it tho, just cuz.

Op this is exactly what I'm going through. I get so much girls, but avoid them because my confidence is killed by my situatuin, I have no car, not in school, and not really doing anything right now, I'm also going through a lot. But we have the same playbook, since I'm materialistic I know that when I get my money right my confidence will go through the roof, like it was before. That's why I don't take girls too seriously. My money and situation will be right soon too in a matter of a year.

Op this is exactly what I'm going through. I get so much girls, but avoid them because my confidence is killed by my situatuin, I have no car, not in school, and not really doing anything right now, I'm also going through a lot. But we have the same playbook, since I'm materialistic I know that when I get my money right my confidence will go through the roof, like it was before. That's why I don't take girls too seriously. My money and situation will be right soon too in a matter of a year.

laugh.gif
, son you have no idea.. I used to pull chicks in my moms old beat up Honda and my beater 240sx... It's not like I was driving when I got em. My overall made the car/living home situation minute. I get bad girls too.

Originally Posted by RAWse

If a chick comes along.. roll with it. Dont force it NH

what part of this were we supposed to possibly take as %@**?

i swear you kids say some dumb things sometimes.

Originally Posted by RAWse

If a chick comes along.. roll with it. Dont force it NH

what part of this were we supposed to possibly take as %@**?

i swear you kids say some dumb things sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom