NT!! ITS HAPPENING!!!!!!

Nas :smokin
It ain't hard to tell has been my ringtone since i got my first cellphone in 2006

"My mic check is life or death, breathing a sniper's breath
I exhale the yellow smoke of buddha through righteous steps"

Wow. The word "legend" is really used that loosely around here?

Justin Bieber is a legend.

If you want to say that in 15 years its going to be hard to argue. Dudes been on top of music for 5 years. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean what he's doing isn't legendary

If you were born after '95 I have a hard time listening to your musical opinion. 

I remember in HS (Grad in '06) we used to download mad KRS-ONE and Slick Rick songs on Kazaa and Napster. Then once torrents came it was game over, I'm over here downloading whole discographies, and listening to them. I had a healthy respect for the past. Being a hip-hop head, being a sneaker head used to mean something, used to mean people would come to you and ask you "you heard the new LL" and I'd be like "Nah, I'm just getting through his battle with MC Shan...I think Shan won but..." and an actual conversation would start...and informed conversation/arguement. At the lunch tables banging on the table, spitting slight freestyles. Hip Hop used to mean something.

Long story short, I am a Jay fan and used to "argue bout whose the best, biggie, jayz or nas"  we used to argue wordplay, now these kids argue gun play.

I'll be watching this documentary when I get a chance, and I'll just keep you uninformed youngsters to argue soulja boy v D4L.

Young cats don't know
Repped! I am an older head myself.

If you want to say that in 15 years its going to be hard to argue. Dudes been on top of music for 5 years. Just because you don't like him doesn't mean what he's doing isn't legendary

If he's consistent with his work in 15 years, I don't think anybody will argue with you. That's the point of being a legend, fam. He's extremely talented.

Drake is a legend.

name me some legendary artists that were on top for 20 years.

Illmatic is classic but it had no impact on hip hop culture like y'all think it did. In fact it sounds really dated right now especially compared to reasonable doubt.

I hear way more hov lyrics in current songs than I do nas

If he's consistent with his work in 15 years, I don't think anybody will argue with you. That's the point of being a legend, fam. He's extremely talented.

Drake is a legend.
name me some legendary artists that were on top for 20 years.
Please don't entertain this ****** foolishness.

Illmatic is classic but it had no impact on hip hop culture like y'all think it did. In fact it sounds really dated right now especially compared to reasonable doubt.

I hear way more hov lyrics in current songs than I do nas

Illmatic influenced Reasonable Doubt tho

Illmatic is classic but it had no impact on hip hop culture like y'all think it did.

What a stupid stupid thing to say.

Word, as if the hooks to "Dead Presidents 2" and "Rap Game, Crack Game" dont have hooks that sample Illmatic lyrics...

and just cuz you dont like something/someone iconic doesn't mean you completely disregard them. I'm not the biggest Pac or Outkast fan, but you wont catch me saying they aren't hip hop legends or that you can tell the story of hip hop without them.

Using a voice for a sample don't mean nothing theres to many examples of that in hiphop.

Besides jay only sampled his voice cause he was using it wrong, nas made it a hot line, hov made it a hot song :lol:

Last edited:
i got tickets for this joint ,cant wait to see the goat perform live, and tickets sold out in seconds theres some tickets going for 900 on stubhub soo i dont know how irrelevant he can be. some cats just salty he merked your favorite rapper in that battle

i got tickets for this joint ,cant wait to see the goat perform live, and tickets sold out in seconds theres some tickets going for 900 on stubhub soo i dont know how irrelevant he can be. some cats just salty he merked your favorite rapper in that battle

But it's not a nas only concert though.

I hope you have a good time, nas is dope live, only second to jay z lol

We've been waiting for an Illmatic documentary? or a performance? What have we been waiting for all this time? What exactly is happening?

Love Nas' music but when I heard about this all I thought was cool :pimp: Not that this was something I thought would never happen or some amazing event. Just an anniversary.

Nobody is arguing that Nas was a great rapper.
You guys are trolling with that legend talk though lol.

Lil wayne is a legend.
:lol: @ you trying to rustle jimmies.

How can anyone legitimately say "nas won"

I see those posts and just get all confused.

Not as much money, success, or notoriety as jay z...

Plus nas got ganked my kelis...

While hov is boo'ed up with Beyonce

Last edited:
I thought this thread was gonna go the irrelevant argument route but from looking at the previous pg apparently a few ignorant and admittedly young folk in here talking nonsense about Nas not being a legend :lol: Figures.

Meth move this trash thread to the music forum.

Last edited:
:lol: @ going so hard. It's pathetic.

Did Nas rap about your girl living through her 2nd childhood or does she owe him ice?

I mean damn you got the most posts in this thread replying to everybody that disagrees with you :lol: It's a shame when you keep peddling your opinion as fact. We get it, you don't like Nas or think he's a legend and like the rest can't but help but compare him to Jay-Z after he ethered him. You kinda come off lamer by posting pics with 6 year old tags about things that are no longer pertinent.

If you were born after '95 I have a hard time listening to your musical opinion. 

I remember in HS (Grad in '06) we used to download mad KRS-ONE and Slick Rick songs on Kazaa and Napster. Then once torrents came it was game over, I'm over here downloading whole discographies, and listening to them. I had a healthy respect for the past. Being a hip-hop head, being a sneaker head used to mean something, used to mean people would come to you and ask you "you heard the new LL" and I'd be like "Nah, I'm just getting through his battle with MC Shan...I think Shan won but..." and an actual conversation would start...and informed conversation/arguement. At the lunch tables banging on the table, spitting slight freestyles. Hip Hop used to mean something.

Long story short, I am a Jay fan and used to "argue bout whose the best, biggie, jayz or nas"  we used to argue wordplay, now these kids argue gun play.

I'll be watching this documentary when I get a chance, and I'll just keep you uninformed youngsters to argue soulja boy v D4L.

Young cats don't know
View media item 913298

:pimp:

Okay here's a serious question...... Who is the best mc? Biggie, jay-z or nas?

"Aint no best" -Nas

But it's not a nas only concert though.

I hope you have a good time, nas is dope live, only second to jay z lol

lol but it is a nas concert only its the opening night of the film festival only showing the nas documentary then followed by the nas concert and thats all.
thanks i will have a good time , good looks

Dudes don't even know what makes a paragraph anymore
laugh.gif
but got the most posts going at Nas in this thread.

I see now.
Son started this ****. Came in here writing damn near a paragraph himself, about how Nas is washed up and **** and stays slandering him and his accomplishments like Nas piped his baby moms or something. But everyone else is a lame. Da irony B, it's killing me
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom