NT Let's talk about HE GOT GAME......

Jake was a goon
laugh.gif

I just watched this for the 1st time today. I thought it was alright and nothing too great. The acting was hard to watch at times and the "floatingbasketball" threw me off a bit and i didn't really like the ending. That's just me though...

Originally Posted by JP310

I just watched this for the 1st time today. I thought it was alright and nothing too great. The acting was hard to watch at times and the "floating basketball" threw me off a bit and i didn't really like the ending. That's just me though...

i just 1:53 to 2:02'd this guy JP310
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kakashi

jake: "enjoy your skittles baby"

jesus: "no you enjoy walking out that front door"

roll.gif

Code:
uncle bubba: all Iim asking is that you let me wet my beak a little bit. jesus: wet your beak? uncle bubba: Wet my beak, son. you didn't see the godfather ll? the man was called the black hand.              i suspect you already got a deal in place. jesus: what kind of deal?           uncle bubba:   the kind of deal that would enable you to get your own apartment,              pay rent, pay ma bell,              pay con ed, buy clothes, furniture with no visible means of income.              you ain't got no job, son! no J-O-B!              don't try to play me for no fool now.               am I making this clear? jesus:  yeah, you're making it very clear!              when I really get paid, i ain't gonna lose track of you and aunt sally!              i'm gonna take care of you, with interest if you want!              uncle bubba: i ain't too old to have dreams. is that what you think?              i still got dreams. i got plans too. big plans.                now, why should me and your aunt sally get cut off? jesus:  anything else, uncle bubba?  uncle bubba: before you go now, i want you to use some of my john the conqueror root.              this is what my daddy brought up here from Mississippi.              now, you rub some of this here between your wrist and your elbow, see,              just like this here.              now, this'll fix you up real good. aunt sally: oh, bubba.              don't nobody care nothin' about your country, backward old root.              uncle bubba: this mojo works! it worked on your $!*aunt sally's facial expression
Hilarious

My favorite movie ever.

The scenes with Jesus playing High School ball were taped in my HS gym during summer school. Spike and Ray chilled with all summer. Bought us food and let ushang around the set.

Ray's acting was subpar but his stiffness added some authenticity to the role. A lot of these top HS school prospects are really like that.

Spike thoroughly nailed the Hood Father/Son dynamic in this flick. This movie brings out the most personal emotional response from me, out of all the movies Ihave ever seen in my life. Joint has a lot of parallels with my life. From Jesus's relationship with his mother, to the Rican wifey, to the basketballcompetition between father and son. Even the way Jesus and his pops pinch their nose is a mirror of my life. I always watched my pops do that growing up andfind myself doing it from time to time.

Then you have the attention to detail with the sneaker references, the classic soundtrack and the beautiful cinematography...it gets no better for me.

not the greatest acting job.. but i simply cannot hate on Ray Ray
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Ray's acting was subpar but his stiffness added some authenticity to the role. A lot of these top HS school prospects are really like that.

come to think of it.. DRose acts very similar to Jesus Shuttlesworth
laugh.gif

My favorite movie.

Ray's acting wasn't great, but I'd rather see an actual NBA player doing that role, rather than a random actor.

The ending was kind of eh, but the rest of the movie had no complaints from me.

1 on 1 scene was great with Jake & Jesus.

Uncle Bubba & Aunt Sally
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Earl the Pearl scene was classic...
smokin.gif

One funny scene that always sticks out to me for some reason was when Jake & Jesus were talking on the bench & Jesus goes "What kind of name isJesus anyway?" Than Denzel goes "It's a biblical name" & shrugs
laugh.gif
Always gets me for some reason.

Movie is appreciated though
pimp.gif

one of my all time favorite movies
i liked Ray as Jesus he played the role perfectly he wasn't trying "act" you cam tell he was just being himself throughout the movie

Originally Posted by proper english

not the greatest acting job.. but i simply cannot hate on Ray Ray
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

come to think of it.. DRose acts very similar to Jesus Shuttlesworth
laugh.gif

Exactly
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Big Time had one of the greatest monologues of all time in this movie.

But really how did dude get away with dropping the N bomb?
alien.gif

Originally Posted by sonunox34

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Big Time had one of the greatest monologues of all time in this movie.

But really how did dude get away with dropping the N bomb?
alien.gif
he was portraying a spanish guy, but in actuality he's bi-racial black/white. either or i thought it was green lit for them to use it?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

My favorite scene:
pimp.gif
frown.gif
@ 1:15...well done spike, well done!� amazing how deep that was

i think it went over most people's head.

Aunt Sally: I'm going to the bedroom...
Uncle Bubba: Goooooood, take yo big !%* on into the room then.

roll.gif

Probably my favorite movie ever... definitely Top 5.

Everything came together beautifully... Denzel did his thing, Jake Shuttlesworth has to be one of my favorite movie characters of all time. The symbolism ofthe names was perfect... somewhat obvious but great nonetheless. The cinematography and soundtrack are amazing. The list goes on...

What ultimately made the movie so great to me was that it's the ultimate story of redemption, which is one of the most profound human experiences.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Aunt Sally: I'm going to the bedroom...
Uncle Bubba: Goooooood, take yo big !%* on into the room then.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
My fav part.

Prob in my top 3 sports movies of all time.

This movie is definitely appreciated.

About that ending... It took me sometime to understand it, and I'd really given up on it until an appreciation thread that was on here previously, but itall came together one day:

To understand this scene you have to flashback to earlier in the movie when Jesus was younger getting beasted by Jake on theblacktop. At the height of the scene Jesus throws the ball over the fence, overwhelmed by the antics he is put through simply to spend time with his fatherand play a game. When Jake throws the ball over the fence at the end this is an allusion to that same feeling only at this point the tables haveturned.
tired.gif

pimp.gif
good !%@+, Spike.

-Why the hell you name me Jesus anyway, type of name is that?
-It's a biblical name..
-
No kidding.

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom