NT Lets talk tattoos in the professional work field.

im sleeving my left arm but have nothing past my elbow and was thinking of crossing it. have any of you guys had experience with this. I'm becoming aFirefighter by the way..

As long as it could be covered..Id figure you would be good..and if it isn't offensive I wouldn't see what the problem would be..but I could be wrong
laugh.gif

well i agree with that. ive seen people with like neck tats and hand tats while being a fireman. also, my cousin is a nurse and has both arms sleeved and is atop nurse at his hospital. i just wanna hear some personal experiences/problems people have maybe ran into getting into a "real" job

It depends on what you get...Some people hiring look at that
Skulls,bones,guns,knife tats are a no no in professional work field.
I got a Koi Fish,I never had a problem with my bosses about it.Its a fish for God's sake

I want to get a sleeve on my right arm (at least I think I do
laugh.gif
) and I had this same concern. I wanna be a doctor so I dont want at tattoo affecting that.But the way I see it, as long you have a long sleeved button up you should be good. Just stop the sleeve right above the wrist and you should be good.

tattoos are becoming more and more common, pretty sure a few years from now, it wouldn't matter much if at all.

--I work for T-Mobile and have a sleeve on my right arm. Just gotta wear long sleeves. Problem solved.

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--I work for T-Mobile and have a sleeve on my right arm. Just gotta wear long sleeves. Problem solved.

I've seen mad dudes showing their tats in T-Mobile stores here in NYC.

dont really play on getting a corporate job....but as long as your tats are coverable you should be good right?

As a firefighter you should be good. My cousin is a firefighter and him and all his friends are tatted up. Neck and all. He actually just got a promotion also.Making over 100k a year.

As far as personal expierence I have a tattoo on my neck and a few on my arm (elbow, Wrist and the lower part of my arm working on a sleeve). I have noproblems at my job AT ALL and I work for a pharmaceutical company as a hospital coordinator.

Like someone said above tattoos are becoming more and more common. Especially if the ones you have can be covered by long sleeves you will be good.

My neck tattoo is visible even if i wear a shirt and tie so there really is no covering it unless I wear a turtle neck...

u straight...it just depends where u work at and how your bosses are...My brother used to work for the LAUSD and they used to tell him to wear dark long sleeveshirts, now he works as a butcher/purchaser were he works at, makes 80k+ a year, and they have no problem with it...

Yea tats are becoming more socially acceptable as time passes...

I dont agree with tats being displayed if you're a lawyer or some type of high profile occupation...

Like OP was sayin, I'm planning on bringing my tats passed my elbows...

I'm an electrical construction engineer and I have tats on both of the upper parts of my arm, and they often show even with short sleeves...

There are some female engineers here that have some tats on their forearms, but they told me that the dont display them if not necessary, since their in andout of meetings and what not...

I also have a friend (my old mentor) that works for NASA and he has tats on his forearm and neck...

I guess it depends on the job you want and how you choose to approach the issue, but I wouldnt worry that much...

I used to be a manager at Best Buy, and literally3 months before I left I got a half sleeve on my right arm. I was consitantly interacting with millionaires ona daily basis, and they were blown away by the work. Now I am in the finance industry, and I wear a shirt and tie to work. I am getting ready to drop it ontomy chest late srping. Also, during inerviews, you are not obligated to tell a potential employer about tattoos you may have; Unless you are becoming a policeofficer and doing narc work.

Originally Posted by JiGGa66two4

I used to be a manager at Best Buy, and literally3 months before I left I got a half sleeve on my right arm. I was consitantly interacting with millionaires on a daily basis, and they were blown away by the work. Now I am in the finance industry, and I wear a shirt and tie to work. I am getting ready to drop it onto my chest late srping. Also, during inerviews, you are not obligated to tell a potential employer about tattoos you may have; Unless you are becoming a police officer and doing narc work.

That is really good to know... Say for instance in my case I have a tattoo on my neck... Which cant be covered by a shirt and tie... but if I get somethinglike this "tattoo camo" stuff that covers it up and use it when I go on the interview but when I get hired I come in with a neck tatt... Could theydo anything about it like fire me because of it? Or would that be like discrimination?

JUST avoid neck and hand tats..im gettin sleeves but i doubt ill be in the courtroom with my sleeves rolled up
laugh.gif

i dont think it would matter for firefighters...

EDIT: but like people have been saying...check with your department

i have a corporate job. im getting a couple this year but nothing past my elbow. just gonna keep them on my upper arms and possibly my back/shoulder

Back
Top Bottom