NT MBA grads/current students.. Post Your Gmat Scores vol.I need to take it soon

710, got into UChicago Booth, going there in the fall. All I did was old training stuff from friends.

Edit: 1 year of work so far haha, if it matters I did undergrad at Northwestern.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Got a 770 on a practice one......not that that counts for anything. How hard is the real thing?
my cousin got like a 700 on practice, then the real one, he got a 600

unless you took the barons practice

Work experience is definitely a plus, but like someone said, if your undergrad is top notch along with your undergrad internships you might be one of the fewthat can go straight from an undergraduate program to a top MBA program. However, I feel like the likelihood of that is slim to none.

I'm currently an undergrad student at Kenan-Flagler and I've been talking to a lot of my professors about the subject and the majority of them are firmbelievers of work experience prior to pursuing an MBA. Plus if you're working at a decent firm, chances are high they're willing to reimburse youreducation costs if you agree to come back and work for them for a couple years or so once you graduate.

Originally Posted by Scarface2k1

the thing is, top mba programs dont expect you to have any work experience for fresh graduates which is also why like less than 1% of fresh grads get into top mba programs. mba programs are open environment and based mostly on the case study, and work experience helps that.

you have to have an excellent undergraduate resume as well as great internships, great recommendations, etc to even be considered into top programs.

the only reason why i said not to major in anything but finance or strategy is most people go to business school to have serious increase in pay, and i dont know tons of marketing jobs that pay alot. i mean unless you want to work for nike or a consumer products company, i wouldn't suggest marketing. probably a better quality of life, but your classmates going to work for mckinsey, goldman, morgan stanley, bcg, google, etc will be making like 250k first year out.

my view and opinion is stricly based on salary. im not saying marketing isn't a great thing and could have an excellent career, im just looking at the highest paying jobs.
thanks, no prob i totally understand it from the salary standpoint. marketing was something i truly enjoy and promised myself i'll studysomething I would like and not hate my job when i get out.

obviously its per basis, how much studying time did anyone study for?

720. Going to the Mendoza College of Business at the University of Notre Dame this fall with a decent scholarship.

Took the GMAT"s in April; the practice exams were a lot easier than the actual exam imo. I didn't study as much as I should have, and being anaccounting and finance major undergrad I was shocked to learn about not being able to use a calculator. I graduate at the end of this summer but based on myGMAT score and opinions I have heard from experienced professionals, the majority have recommended working for 2-4 years prior to starting an MBA program.

I have a 3.6 in Undergrad at Drexel University; I scored a 520 on the GMAT's with a 6/6 on the essay section. I plan to take the GMAT's again in a yearor so and I plan to study the data sufficiency questions heavily.

Originally Posted by theconditioner

^ Just graduated from Kenan-Flagler. Man have I talked to you before?

Ha. I think we might have talked before. I don't think we have too many KF people on here.

I just started graduate school at University of Florida this week. im studying to get my MBA in Entrepreneurship. i started studying for the gmat about 3-4months prior so i could cover everything. i bought one of those study books. i recommend getting one, especially if your like me and have not taken math in awhile. take as many practice exams as you can, they help. however i found the actual exam to be worse than the practice ones. most likely becasue i was ina small room, early in the morning; it just wasnt comfortable. concerning work experience, i do think it plays a big roll in acceptance. i had about a yearexperience working at the United Way, and about a year working a retail job. i also held some small jobs here and there over the course of my undergrad at UF. my gmat scores were good, not amazing (somewhere in the high 600's) so i definietly think that my gpa [3.8]and the work experience helped. hope this helpswhoevers planning on getting their MBA.

700, got into Cornell and IU. Had a 2.7 ugrad GPA from Cornell. I'm at IU now.

I actually stepped thru how I studied on my blog in my sig. Haven't updated the site in months, but if you're looking for a plan of attack for the testthat could help. Good luck!

^^Everything I read said the writing portion was no big deal. As long as you get a 4 (out of 6) B Schools know you are smart enough to read an comprehend.I'm not in admissions, but I read/heard that a few times.

Originally Posted by reigndrop

710, got into UChicago Booth, going there in the fall. All I did was old training stuff from friends.

Edit: 1 year of work so far haha, if it matters I did undergrad at Northwestern.

Nice man, Chicago is a very good school

Back
Top Bottom