NT official Spring Summer Body TRANSFORMATION challenge March 1-June 1

in

5'10"

222-226lbs

~24% BF

Was taking in ~1500-1600 calories a day but there has been no noticeable change in my physique (still mad chubby). I eat strictly clean during the week, but fall off on the weekends (usually dinner). I usually keep it within my macros unless im drinking (which is rare). I've been able to progress in my lifts but I haven't been droppin lbs or BF%. Upped my calories to ~2300 to see if that will do it.

Started in february...

Went down one belt hole... i was just warming up my body for the pain im gonna put myself through the next 45 days or so...

Started at 220

Goal 190

Im lifting and doing cardio so that might counter any weight loss... i can drop 20 pds and my shoulders end up wider. Lol

Was taking in ~1500-1600 calories a day but there has been no noticeable change in my physique (still mad chubby). I eat strictly clean during the week, but fall off on the weekends (usually dinner). I usually keep it within my macros unless im drinking (which is rare). I've been able to progress in my lifts but I haven't been droppin lbs or BF%. Upped my calories to ~2300 to see if that will do it.

let me get this straight. you weren't losing any weight taking in 1600 cals or less every day?!?
and your solution is to increase the calories?!?!?
i'm confused.

let me get this straight. you weren't losing any weight taking in 1600 cals or less every day?!?
i'm confused.
More than likely he wasn't actually taking in only 1600 cals lol

IN

Gotta married 6 months ago

haven't been consistent like i used to be

put on 10lbs since marriage -_-

Why? How?

:lol:

Fell into old habits from when i was extremely overweight...

Next thing u know my belt a little tight :lol: :smh:

This thread got me motivated now.

Haven't had any soda since Jan 1

Now I just gotta cut out the other heavy hitters - Ice cream and my wife gotta chill on the baking :wow: :lol: :x :smh:

i'm confused.
1 Jan got the 1600 cals from myfitnesspal's recommendation using their goal wizard. About 3 weeks ago I used the IIFYM calc and my TDEE came out to ~2300. Been going with 2300 ever since.
 More than likely he wasn't actually taking in only 1600 cals lol
During the week im on point. All my meals are planned so its easy to stay strict. The weekends...not so much lol. Figured 2 cheat meals a week over the weekend (and maybe some alcohol) wouldn't wreck all the work I did during the week. At least that's what i would tell myself when i got the urge to sip and murder a wing basket.

Yo...

dinner tonight

grilled veg + ground beef + chicken breast + pineapple for dessert

@ 1500 cals/ day the first thing would be dropping to a 45# 1rm bench, then i'd start hallucinating, then a strong wind would blow me into the ocean and then after a week i'd die :lol:

in 

6'2
205-210
dont know bf and i wont be tracking my weight

i probably wont even track macros

i eat really horrible right now, like wingstop is my go to, and my preworkout is red beans n rice from the popeyes next to the gym lol

going grocery shopping today to get some cleaner options, going to see if that makes a difference in 3 weeks, and if it doesnt, then i'll start the grueling task of tracking macros

sidenote: i think the main problem i will have is that i play basketball to my hearts content (easily 2 hours a day on top of lifting for an hour), theres no easy way for me to gauge how much energy i burn and exactly how much i need to eat
+

The tracking really helps give you a picture of food though. You should try it for a week just to train yourself.

For example.... That red beans and rice is about 250 calories with a lot of nutrition lost just due to preservatives and stuff.

For lunch I had a turkey wrap and a medium salad that was about 400 calories. I'm seriously stuffed and my meal was packed with nutrition.

As far as the exercise tracking is you're never going to get a true accurate reading, but you can get a guestimate idea. Buy a heart rate monitor and see how many calories that says you burned after playing ball. I know its not accurate, but it'll give you a general idea of what you're doing.
thanks for the info/tips, will implement before monday

@paulprince3730 I'm similar to you (6'2 215lb) and I can tell you that grocery shopping will help you drop weight for sure, however you'll easily burn more if you can slightly keep track of macros especially at the start as most people drop the most weight in their first month or so of diet and cardio. You would be surprised at how many more calories you can cut out of your diet by simply reading the back of the label and deciding if its "worth it" or not. Also, when grocery shopping look at the label, some brands have less calories for similar products and even 30-40 calories less will help.

Also for help counting/tracking how many calories you are burning while you work out you can use this website http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

For example, 60 mins of "shooting around" basketball burns about 500 calories
will do

the problem is i just dont shoot around, i run pickup games and im Kobe in my head, or even if the gym is empty ill spend no less than 60 minutes doing all fast paced crossovers as well as defensive drills

(nah im not tryin to get a scholarship or make the nba, its just the only way i can get passionate about cardio)

I know Im late to this thread but count me in 5"8 sitting at 238

do you guys wiegh yourself at a specific point in the day at the same time? Or do you mix it up?

I know Im late to this thread but count me in 5"8 sitting at 238

do you guys wiegh yourself at a specific point in the day at the same time? Or do you mix it up?

normally when I get out of the shower in the morning
better to do it at the same time whenever you do.

yup, I'm late as well.

Last summer and the year before that I was going ham in the gym, with poor diet.
Fell off recently and I'm getting back into it.

I'm 6'0 and weighing in at about 230-232. By June I want to be at 210-215 or so. I want to do it while keeping solid muscle though.

Not planning on keeping track of Macros etc, just gonna eat healthy, lift and hit stair masters after my workout. Also gonna limit my soda.

lol why are so many people Anti Calorie Tracking/Macro Tracking?

You do know you can end up over eating even if you believe its "healthy" right?

:lol: it's so easy to do it's surprising people don't want to do it.

Also paulpierce those are years apart might explain the older look.

Last edited:
Ok help me set goals

I'm 5'6, 218 pounds and I just cut 1 minute off my run time which is now 10:13 a mile. I need to do better come june. How can I do better. I have been running aroun 15-18 minutes around 4 times a week and my weight is staying the same

Ok help me set goals

I'm 5'6, 218 pounds and I just cut 1 minute off my run time which is now 10:13 a mile. I need to do better come june. How can I do better. I have been running aroun 15-18 minutes around 4 times a week and my weight is staying the same

Eat less, do more

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom