NT official Spring Summer Body TRANSFORMATION challenge March 1-June 1

Woke up this morning at 530 ran for about 40mins. I hate running I get tired so quick, I rarely do cardio these days. I'm flat footed and its a pain when running long distance. Anyone got any tips for a flat foot? Recommendation of some running shoes?
No tips for flat feet, but try less intense forms of cardio. Now a days I only do running as a warm up on a treadmill. If I'm doing prolonged cardio I'll use an elliptical or bike.

Woke up this morning at 530 ran for about 40mins. I hate running I get tired so quick, I rarely do cardio these days. I'm flat footed and its a pain when running long distance. Anyone got any tips for a flat foot? Recommendation of some running shoes?
try these

you get a month to return them if they don't work for you.

personally they helped a lot. 

No tips for flat feet, but try less intense forms of cardio. Now a days I only do running as a warm up on a treadmill. If I'm doing prolonged cardio I'll use an elliptical or bike.

I say do the opposite of this advice. Do HIIT.

Late check-in (just bought a scale)

6'2 226. I dont care one bit about what i weigh tbh. just want to look and feel better. trying to get shredded up.

Im bout to be on the straight prison workout. Push ups, dips,pull ups and burpees + Juicing/eating clean.

Planning to hit Vegas in July and possibly Jamaica in august....cant be out here with that radric swag

Speaking of cardio anyone with sickle cell here? How do you manage cardio. Want to start but cot damn it feels like a lost cause. I lose my breath faster than a ***** who been chain smoking 2 packs a day for a decade.

I say do the opposite of this advice. Do HIIT.
How would that help his flat feet concern?

Same for me as well.
My cardio consists of the elliptical or bike nowadays.
I used to go in hard jogging, until I learned that running for prolonged periods of time with flat feet can really affect your back. :smh:

-Drew

I hope I'm not too late for this, I would appreciate all the tips and motivation provided by this thread. :pimp:

Not really looking to getting swole like a body builder since I play soccer and we have to be agile and fast on our feet. Weighed myself a couple minutes ago, I'm only 5'6 by the way, us short guys being mad muscular is not a good look. :lol:

View media item 839921

I'm currently at 141.5 pounds, I just want to do a clean bulk and get to 150 pounds at the most. I looking to get that Alexis Sanchez type body 8)

View media item 839922

Checking in here too.

Been a long time lurker of the forum.

Stats:

5'8" (5'9" to the ladies) and 150 lbs.

I've always kinda worked out but I've never had abs. So my goal for the summer is to get those abs showing. Also, really need to work on my legs.

Last edited:
Weighed myself today
Down to 205.5 from 208 slow and steady I guess being cutting down on the bad foods and just consistently hitting the gym doing weights and getting in atleast 2 full court pick up games (basketball)

Same for me as well.
My cardio consists of the elliptical or bike nowadays.
I used to go in hard jogging, until I learned that running for prolonged periods of time with flat feet can really affect your back. :smh:

-Drew

I have flat feet as well. Had a few ankle surgeries too so running becomes very tedious for me after awhile. I bought the insoles which work great I might add. I think mine are called superfeet, but they look similar to whats been posted. If I'm not cramping up in my foot, I'm extremely bored with the running.

Most of my cardio nowadays consists of P90x Plyometrics, Cardio X and Kenpo X. I also do DDP yoga in several different forms almost daily. If I do a P90 and a DDP yoga, (about an hour and half) my watch says ive easily burned over 1000 calories and time FLIES. I just can't get into running. I did nothing but the treadmill for 6 months and I thought i'd be "into" it after that time, but no. I actually despise it even more.

eating a rice cake and some pb2 right now.
monday weigh-in better show me some progress [emoji]128122[/emoji]

Weighed in today. Down 2 lbs from last week. I'm really curious about next week though. I ate VERY well last week, tracked everything and exercised every day, but binge ate and drank last weekend. Not really in the cards this weekend so I'm hoping for a few more.

I need to cut my binge/non diet eating down to 1 MAYBE 2 meals a week and only 1 night of drinking PERIOD. Thats my goal for the next few weeks.

Last edited:
Im doing good. Ill be lookin like a fitness model by May just in time for my birthday.

Im in on this

~5ft9
~175lbs

After lurking and seeing Luckyluchianos transformation Im motivated to start my own

in 

6'2

205-210

dont know bf and i wont be tracking my weight

i probably wont even track macros

i eat really horrible right now, like wingstop is my go to, and my preworkout is red beans n rice from the popeyes next to the gym lol

going grocery shopping today to get some cleaner options, going to see if that makes a difference in 3 weeks, and if it doesnt, then i'll start the grueling task of tracking macros

sidenote: i think the main problem i will have is that i play basketball to my hearts content (easily 2 hours a day on top of lifting for an hour), theres no easy way for me to gauge how much energy i burn and exactly how much i need to eat

in 

6'2
205-210
dont know bf and i wont be tracking my weight

i probably wont even track macros

i eat really horrible right now, like wingstop is my go to, and my preworkout is red beans n rice from the popeyes next to the gym lol

going grocery shopping today to get some cleaner options, going to see if that makes a difference in 3 weeks, and if it doesnt, then i'll start the grueling task of tracking macros

sidenote: i think the main problem i will have is that i play basketball to my hearts content (easily 2 hours a day on top of lifting for an hour), theres no easy way for me to gauge how much energy i burn and exactly how much i need to eat
+

The tracking really helps give you a picture of food though. You should try it for a week just to train yourself.

For example.... That red beans and rice is about 250 calories with a lot of nutrition lost just due to preservatives and stuff.

For lunch I had a turkey wrap and a medium salad that was about 400 calories. I'm seriously stuffed and my meal was packed with nutrition.

As far as the exercise tracking is you're never going to get a true accurate reading, but you can get a guestimate idea. Buy a heart rate monitor and see how many calories that says you burned after playing ball. I know its not accurate, but it'll give you a general idea of what you're doing.

Last edited:
@paulprince3730 I'm similar to you (6'2 215lb) and I can tell you that grocery shopping will help you drop weight for sure, however you'll easily burn more if you can slightly keep track of macros especially at the start as most people drop the most weight in their first month or so of diet and cardio. You would be surprised at how many more calories you can cut out of your diet by simply reading the back of the label and deciding if its "worth it" or not. Also, when grocery shopping look at the label, some brands have less calories for similar products and even 30-40 calories less will help.

Also for help counting/tracking how many calories you are burning while you work out you can use this website http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

For example, 60 mins of "shooting around" basketball burns about 500 calories

Seen this chick in the Fat to Fit thread in the pyp section over at bb.com.. someone might find the thread motivational

spoon pic

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom