NT OPEN YOUR EYES...*insert sarcasm*

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Mos uses the boogieman to promote how contradictory this ***% we call life really is.

To boogie is to dance

When jazz was first getting popular it was associated with the 'devils music'...as was dancing.

Mos essentialy flips the connotation thats been bestowed on BLACKNESS.

Now we're getting somewhere. I studied Latin for two years and am fluent in Spanish, so for emphasis, Aethiopiais the Latin term for Negro, which roughly translates to Ethiopian in English. So how is it that we as people of African descent went from being referred tomodest Ethiopians to otherwise wretched Negros, at first in Europe and subsequently here in the States? In all the romance languages, negro means"black," or "darkness." While our complexions may be that much darker than that of historic Anglo-Saxons, it just goes to show how muchBlacks have been oppressed and misinformed about their own heritage going back centuries ago.

And you know, Hypebeast? That whole selling one's soul thing and getting into the occult is no joke. Robert Johnson, the legendary blues musiciansupposedly sold his soul to the devil, but died at a young age in return.

As for the guy who asked why MJ would sell his soul when he already had all the talent he could want? Consider this: Michael Jackson of the Jackson 5/Jacksonswas already a star, but by the time he finally dropped his first successful LP, he became a superstar. How many child stars do you know can just make a smoothtransition into a stellar, let alone decent career?
nerd.gif

The most interesting thing about these random artists coming forward talking about the entertainment business, is that they have no real affiliation with eachother and are saying this stuff right off the top of their domes. In each case it seems to go back to an artist losing themself somewhere along the way intheir journey to success, and that situation ending with moribund results.

^ Yea yall forget MJ dropped 2 solo bricks before Thriller. he was going through depression and started hating himself around that time. So "selling hissoul" couldnt be out of the question. But there is alot of speculation going on in here and thats how uneducated rumors/conspiracies start. I can tellyall some stuff bout the industry but its not something yall want to hear.
smh.gif

too much speculation in this thread

couldnt you just say MJ was born with mad talent instead of implying that he recieved fame and fortune after he "sold his soul"

Originally Posted by Bigboi415

this just saddens me, especially since he is one of my favorite artists
No one's saying he did anything wrong in that video though (If you're referring to Mos Def.)

That videos brilliant in the sense that all the recent videos have these BLATANT Masonic/Satanic references yet people aren't outraged like they should be.

What he and the director did was so indirectS yet so brazen.

Mos spent too much time in his career, promoting depth and truth to just magically become "evil". (Or at least the representation of it).

I REBUKE THE SNITCHES
WE KNOW THE TRUTH...

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I don't know much about masonry but how is it "evil"?
nerd.gif

They use spooky symbols, have weird rituals, some of their members are rich and powerful and they keep secrets. Those are grounds for devil worship.

Originally Posted by HypeBeast McStreetwear

No one's saying he did anything wrong in that video though (If you're referring to Mos Def.)

That videos brilliant in the sense that all the recent videos have these BLATANT Masonic/Satanic references yet people aren't outraged like they should be.

Mos spent too much time in his career, promoting depth and truth to just magically become "evil". (Or at least the representation of it).

I REBUKE THE SNITCHES
WE KNOW THE TRUTH...
And that's what I think is getting lost upon many of the people coming into this thread, thinking it's just some kind of radical, leftistpropaganda. The open minds in here are just offering their insights on certain subjects and trying to exchange resources in the pursuit of knowledge. No oneis trying to force anyone to think anything... How could we? This is just the internet; no one has to reply much less click on this thread if they don'twant to do so.

One thing I will say though is that for whatever reason, a lot of the more popular pop videos out right now have relatively dark themes. From Jay-Z leading acult-like following in the "Run This Town" video to Melanie Fiona's video focusing on the funeral of an estranged lover, one has to wonder whythese symbols keep popping up, and what they might mean. I'm not going to sit here and say they all are of significance, but of the ones that are... Whatdo they mean to us, as average people?

Originally Posted by yancancook90

couldnt you just say MJ was born with mad talent instead of implying that he recieved fame and fortune after he "sold his soul"
exactly and dude up there that said MJ dropped 2 bricks before thriller....???
laugh.gif
you dont know *@!@ apparently "Off the wall" was ahuge success.

Originally Posted by LESfamilia

I REBUKE THE SNITCHES
WE KNOW THE TRUTH...
And that's what I think is getting lost upon many of the people coming into this thread, thinking it's just some kind of radical, leftist propaganda. The open minds in here are just offering their insights on certain subjects and trying to exchange resources in the pursuit of knowledge. No one is trying to force anyone to think anything... How could we? This is just the internet; no one has to reply much less click on this thread if they don't want to do so.

One thing I will say though is that for whatever reason, a lot of the more popular pop videos out right now have relatively dark themes. From Jay-Z leading a cult-like following in the "Run This Town" video to Melanie Fiona's video focusing on the funeral of an estranged lover, one has to wonder why these symbols keep popping up, and what they might mean. I'm not going to sit here and say they all are of significance, but of the ones that are... What do they mean to us, as average people?
Pretty irrelevant comment here. Many music videos have dark themes. I can think of a vast array of videos that have come out since the inceptionof the music video with dark themes.

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

I REBUKE THE SNITCHES
WE KNOW THE TRUTH...
And that's what I think is getting lost upon many of the people coming into this thread, thinking it's just some kind of radical, leftist propaganda. The open minds in here are just offering their insights on certain subjects and trying to exchange resources in the pursuit of knowledge. No one is trying to force anyone to think anything... How could we? This is just the internet; no one has to reply much less click on this thread if they don't want to do so.

One thing I will say though is that for whatever reason, a lot of the more popular pop videos out right now have relatively dark themes. From Jay-Z leading a cult-like following in the "Run This Town" video to Melanie Fiona's video focusing on the funeral of an estranged lover, one has to wonder why these symbols keep popping up, and what they might mean. I'm not going to sit here and say they all are of significance, but of the ones that are... What do they mean to us, as average people?
Pretty irrelevant comment here. Many music videos have dark themes. I can think of a vast array of videos that have come out since the inception of the music video with dark themes.
Go ahead and list them, while you're at it. I don't have anything but time. My main thought there was that the prototypical music videoshould be a companion piece to an artist's single, which is traditionally as marketable a piece of music as the masses will ever hear. It's almostlooking at the escapism people seek when they go to the movies. Do you really think kids in Iraq want to watch war movies? That's just me, though...

Pretty irrelevant comment here. Many music videos have dark themes. I can think of a vast array of videos that have come out since the inception of the music video with dark themes.
That is what I am trying to figure out. So, I watched all these videos, including this 8 part video series on Youtube exposingFreemason/Illuminati movies,TV shows,music,videogames exposed in Hollywood. There is a lot of reaching in these videos where anything so subtle is taken as anIllumanity symbol. So, somehow most movies and videos out there have producers behind them specifically always incorporating Illuminati symbols? What is thepurpose of it? Some of these movies even try to expose the Illuminati in the storyline in the plots of the movies. So, is the Illuminati purposefully exposingthemselves in these movie messages?

I can write a dark themed book or make a movie with evil/demonic themes and someone can easily miscontrue it to portray the Illuminati.

Originally Posted by GTEK
Yeah.� I actually bought that CD the week it came out.

Don't get me wrong, I still listen to music.�
eek.gif
laugh.gif

I just try to figure out what the artist is saying beneath the surface and why.

See here lies my second problem, only inferring from the information you provided so far ....... The negative forms of emotions are influenced by Lucifer ....... To me that makes absolutely no sense at all ..........
Either way the reason why I brought up lyrics is because I have written songs that I don't see as being dark, and are simply meant to express a certain dichotomy of emotions, that others have seen as alot darker than i've originally intending it too be ....... or certain words are used for a specific symbolism but aren't meant to represent something as deeply sinister ....... as some here or sites like Vigilant citizens seem to believe is prevalent in pop culture

I am, just as we all are, a complex being.� I have dark feelings and thoughts as well as positive ones.� So I understand the dichotomy.� I'm not sayingthat all negative forms of emotion are influenced by Lucifer, that's ridiculous and an oversimplification of what I am saying.� I'm saying the symbolsthat have been pointed out in this thread (for the most part) are synonymous with Lucifer, the occult and so on.�

Maybe I give the artists in question too much credit and assume that they would not use those symbols UNLESS they mean for them to be read into and analyzed,maybe.� I honestly doubt that is the case though.�

Why would Snoop talk about selling his soul on his first album?� What point was he trying to make outside of the obvious?�
Why would Jay-Z continue to use occult symbols and references in his music.� Not once, but regularly?�
Why would Mos Def hide things in a video that he knows will eventually be discovered?� Is he trying to open dialog?� Yes, obviously.� But for what reason andwhy impose the image of beasts on yourself?� Isn't there another way to point out evil if you're trying to expose it?

I don't have all the answers.� I don't think any of this is coincidence or just symbols that I'm taking too literally.

I REBUKE THE SNITCHES
WE KNOW THE TRUTH...

Go ahead and list them, while you're at it. I don't have anything but time. My main thought there was that the prototypical music video should be a companion piece to an artists' single, which is traditionally as marketable a piece of music as the masses will ever here. It's almost looking at the escapism people seek when they go to the movies. Do you really think kids in Iraq want to watch war movies? That's just me, though...
Of course the last statement you make is true, that would clearly have no appeal. The comment you make about the video with the estranged loverdying etc. etc. It isn't really about escapism, but about connecting with people on a personal level, because there is at least one person out there whomight in fact be able to relate to the story in the video.

The first video that came to my mind was AFI - Silver and Cold. The video depicts the lead singer on the verge of suicide, then ends with him deciding againstit, but as his friends are rushing to his aid, they die in a car accident. Again, relation to an audience is also important with many videos.

The "Run This Town" one is unexplainable in my eyes. It has to be paralleling some movie, or story that the majority of people are just missing.Either that, or it's just for entertainments sake.

Or Jay is the devil. Who really knows.

kanye_shrug1.png

Edit: I know, I didn't meet the challenge, I'm going out though. I'll try later.

I can write a dark themed book or make a movie with evil/demonic themes and someone can easily miscontrue it to portray the Illuminati.
Always coming through for reason.

Edit 2:

However, because of this thread, I'm noticing some things in some of my music I hadn't before, and I'm an idiot because this one was clear as day.

MGMT - Fourth Dimensional Transition

I feel your racing heart
My liquid silver arms extended
These waves aren't far apart
Black gold in clawfoot tubs unchanging
I am fire, where's my form?
Whisper crimson I intrude
There's light beneath your eyes
New overtones in view
Endless form, endless time

If what they say is true
You are a shadow in the fourth dimension
To float away with you
We see the corners where nothing happens
While we drifted we were one
Ceilings lifted walls were gone
You speak the language of the breeze
All your leaves were meant for me
The love that every person wants to be
nerd.gif

Don't know if this is because of their overuse of heroin and acid, but its interesting none the less.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I don't know much about masonry but how is it "evil"?
nerd.gif
Humph....
grin.gif

Depends on what you mean by "evil"?

Immorally correct, profit driven, endorsement of separatism yes it is....
Devil worshiping/summoning, high-class satanism it depends who you look at.

What some people have yet to realize is that all Free-masonry stands for is in fact a secret society
amongst related or friended members.
Me and a couple of people could create such a organization today if we wanted to.

But you have to realize the structure behind every "secret society"
Since the days of Cecil Rhodes they always consist of a head leader along with
a inner committee, that is then followed by a outer reign of
people who are unaware of the "inner committee".
They believe that they are the highest form. Underneath them are various
round table organizations. Who consists of honest idealistic people, whom may
not even be aware of the ultimate goal, but the ones who show
the most aggressive potential are then "selected" into a higher reign.

Therefore every Free-Mason you meet may not necessarily be a devil worshiper/ partaker in ritualistic activity
or even know of such theorized plots.
But you best believe they have some profit-driven incentives behind them
or they wouldn't be in that position in the first place.

In this convo I was having with peoples the other day I brought up the point that A LOT of influential people were Masons:

1. Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall was a Mason.
2. Richard Pryor
3. Louis Armstrong
4. Nat King Cole
5. Duke Ellington
6. Mozart
7. Ty Cobb
8. Cy Young
9. Willie Mays
10. Mark Twain
11. Winston Churchill
12. Booker T. Washington
13. Jesse Jackson
14. W.E.B Dubois

Were they evil? Probably not. Could they be? Sure, but probably not.

And upon discussing this with my boy he calls his parents in the room and was like "Did you know So & So were Masons?" and they're like"No, but your Grandfather was a Mason..."

Our faces were like
eek.gif
alien.gif

His Grandpa (R.I.P) was a good man, put up Tuition for both his Grandchildren to go to school and took care of them A LOT during their childhood.

Does that mean he was
devil.gif
, Probably not
ohwell.gif

Goes to show you Masonry =/= Evil. But I do co-sign the ranking.

I'm starting to realize how smart the people that "lulz" and don't take this stuff seriously really are. All this secret society talk.....isjust a soap opera. For the people that aren't attracted by the money and clothes or who's dating who there's this entirely different spiritual andmysterious aspect of the music industry that we spend our time and energy focused on. Either you're interested in nodding your head or filling your headwith knowledge, they have found a way to keep you entertained.

Seriously, a question for all of you in this thread:

Are you not entertained?

This is the definition of entertainment

Originally Posted by NuMba1KiCkrocka

Originally Posted by yancancook90

exactly and dude up there that said MJ dropped 2 bricks before thriller....???
laugh.gif
you dont know *@!@ apparently "Off the wall" was a huge success.

O typical postmortem Mike Jackson fan
laugh.gif

Mjforever.JPG
ohwell.gif

Now if I wanted to go conspiracy theory. Mike signed with CBS/Epic

cbs.jpg

and met and collaborated with

1246461111-quincy-jones.jpg

and we know what Tupac said bout Quincy.

Mike's solo career took off from there

But I dont believe in all this stuff.

Masonry is what is once was though. It's more like a social club now, they really don't wield the power they once did.

I don't necessarily believe most of this *%%+, but I believe there is some merit in a lot of it. I just don't believe in dismissing *%%+. I don'treally believe in an illuminati per-say but I think there is a reason that things happen or are constured the way they are.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

I don't necessarily believe most of this *%%+, but I believe there is some merit in a lot of it. I just don't believe in dismissing *%%+. I don't really believe in an illuminati per-say but I think there is a reason that things happen or are constured the way they are.
It's because there is a clear power structure in societies as we know them. Interesting description of this is done by Mosca in his bookcalled The Ruling Class. Haven't read the whole thing, but the excerpts I have read seemed to describe today's world, as well as past societies, veryaccurately.

Back
Top Bottom