NT Petrol heads school me on Bimmers without model number badges

lol think about it if they could bootleg the whole daaammmmm car wouldnt they be able to manufacture a bootleg model number

Originally Posted by Kingtre

Originally Posted by usherplaylist

How does it look cleaner with out a badge? That's such a laughable justification. 
eyes.gif

Fact: 99% of the debadged BMWs are 3-series...G, I wonder why?
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
want me to answer that for you?

because they are the entry level BMW usually owned by people in the modding age...and once you start modding you see all badges coming off...theres basic steps when you get a e46, take out the amber, debadge, drop, kit rims etc etc

the real laughable justification is your hiding the model- ESP in a 3 series...again i ask who are you hiding it from? anybody who knows anything will tell a M3 from any other 3 in the line...and once your out of the M class they are all damn near the same thing...couple hundred dollars and a couple more horsepower  - again i'm speaking for the e46 cause now there is alot more range down the line with the 335 etc-

without going to google you tell me the difference between a e46 323 and 325...or 325 and 328....i'll wait

people mostly debadge 323's and 325's

oh yea, http://niketalk.com/topic/215411

with beamers and benzes

all ur paying for is bigger engines.

there is the "Base model" : the "5" in 525i or the "S" in S550.

some people take off the badges to either:

not let people know what you have, or not let people know what u have.

cause then ur not lookin at dude like "wow hes supper ballin cause he got a 550i" and ur not look at the other guy like "oh thats just a 525i"
cause at the end of the day its the same car.

cats debadge 3 series because 2 models ago when the 3 series was really boxy, they had introduced a 318i that wasnt a hatchback and looked just like the way more expensive 325i.
and the trend stuck.

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by Numberr97

lol you guys are really missing the point here...

its not comparing 5s to 7s.. its comparing 528 to 530s to 550s. or 745 to 750s to 760s.
so ninjahood is saying they debadge cars because they are embarrassed to be driving the lower series 5 (ex 528 not the 550)

Maybe in the US...but in other countries....the clean look is respected by some...
I see dudes riding around with an AMG's no badge on the regular....

The reality of the matter is that if your on the level of knowing what car people are driving and can afford to buy one, you won't need to read the numbers on the back....

I was just in Beijing a few months ago....saw dudes rollin M3's no badge...

It's just preference....

eg. 

8665b.jpg

exhaust alone tells me this is an c63

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by Numberr97

lol you guys are really missing the point here...

its not comparing 5s to 7s.. its comparing 528 to 530s to 550s. or 745 to 750s to 760s.
so ninjahood is saying they debadge cars because they are embarrassed to be driving the lower series 5 (ex 528 not the 550)

Maybe in the US...but in other countries....the clean look is respected by some...
I see dudes riding around with an AMG's no badge on the regular....

The reality of the matter is that if your on the level of knowing what car people are driving and can afford to buy one, you won't need to read the numbers on the back....

I was just in Beijing a few months ago....saw dudes rollin M3's no badge...

It's just preference....

eg. 

8665b.jpg

exhaust alone tells me this is an c63

Correct.

Originally Posted by yomegaaa

why is NT obsessed with BMW? am i the only one that hates them and doesn't think they look good at all??

any other luxury brand>BMW

once you gt behind the wheel, you'll understand why. 

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

i usually see 6 series debadged unless they put the M kit on it then they leave the M symbol...

indifferent.gif

M is not a kit you just slap on a Bimmer

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

i usually see 6 series debadged unless they put the M kit on it then they leave the M symbol...

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
really? M-kits are prob the most popular kits put on non M bmws all the way down the line - 3s, 5s, 6s
nerd.gif

i'm gonna just stay out this thread

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

i would only cop a beamer if i were gettin the m3,5,6 anything less just isnt for me.
Listen to this dude
laugh.gif
What are you driving now baller?

Debadge for the clean look =
smile.gif

Debadge for fronting =
indifferent.gif

Rebadge =
smh.gif
 - I see countless 328i with the M3 badge
laugh.gif

OP thinking their are fake BMWs = Priceless

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

indifferent.gif

pretty much every bmw model has an "M-sport" package that includes an M-style aero kit, rims, usually some interior upgrades and maybe a stiffer suspension... obviously it doesn't come with the engines or other major upgrades of M cars, but the package usually has some M logos on it

Originally Posted by usherplaylist

How does it look cleaner with out a badge? That's such a laughable justification. 
eyes.gif

Fact Made-up stat that I just pulled out of my *##: 99% of the debadged BMWs are 3-series...G, I wonder why?
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif

Fixed.

As has been mentioned, there are posers who want to trick people into thinking they have a nicer car than they really do, and then there are people who do it for the cleaner look. I've seen plenty of debadged Ms and AMGs. Go on e90post and you'll find a variety of debadged M3s.

Originally Posted by MAAACO

Originally Posted by Big J 33

It's done for one of two reasons.

Either people with lower models trying to hide that fact.

Or someone who just likes a cleaner, badge-free backside.
This. I debadged my IS300 and just left the L in the middle. Looks much cleaner
i too, debadged my gs and just left the L in the middle. feel like it lines up better with the L on the front grill. that may just be my ocd tho 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Pitman13

Debadge for the clean look =
smile.gif

Debadge for fronting =
indifferent.gif

Rebadge =
smh.gif
 - I see countless 328i with the M3 badge
laugh.gif

OP thinking their are fake BMWs = Priceless

laugh.gif