NT please weigh in on this situation. Pickup basketball related.

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

12? Never heard of that. Game's to 11 win by 2. If not then 15 straight.

Your team won bro.

this. or 16 straight to 21

1s and 2s is for chumps tho, how is one bucket worth twice as much as nother... 0 sense

huh? the same way 2's and 3's are different in high school, college and the NBA. What do you mean?

umm... 2 is 66% of 3...

1 is 50 % of 2... the discrepancy in worth of a 3 is nearly doubled...

what happens is !!***# teams/players fall behind and start jackin 3s and ruin the quality of game
tired.gif

How you lose a game of 12 when you have already have 11 LOL ?

You guy can't hit a damn basket to get past 12 ? LOL

Originally Posted by dreClark

At various places I've played to 11, 12, 15, 16 and 21. In your case, when you have been going to 11 the entire time y'all should have just ended the game after 11. Told the next team to come on the court.

What were they gonna do?
Word. Should have just walk off and call next. What they going to do ? Call in the NBA ?
OP took a gamble. Lost and is salty
roll.gif

I could imagine OP team is all over weight slow and none can create shot for themselves

1s and 2s is for chumps tho, how is one bucket worth twice as much as nother... 0 sense

huh? the same way 2's and 3's are different in high school, college and the NBA. What do you mean?

umm... 2 is 66% of 3...

what happens is !!***# teams/players fall behind and start jackin 3s and ruin the quality of game
tired.gif

learn how to defend the 3(or defense period) and stop complaining.

Generally when a game is started it is kinda thrown around. You just look around and say "11 by 2...15 straight" and see how the opponent answers

Originally Posted by Zyzz

umm... 2 is 66% of 3...

tired.gif

...or learn how to play the game correctly and not just stand around the 3 pt line jacking up 30 footers.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

I wuold have laughed my way off the court. especially at them. smh. the only thing that bothers we is if say the score is tied 9-9 and someone hits a two to win the game, people always ay you cant win with a two. SMH at that rule. I know I aint the only one who had this happen to them.

Yeah that happens all the time.  Some people think hitting a 2/3 to end a game is cheap because you're not earning it *shrug*  It's a stupid rule and one we're usually like "shoulda called that before the game man, can't just yell it out when you lose."

The "call 'foul' not 'And 1'" thing happens ALL the time too.  It's annoying but after it happens once you know.  If a dude hits you with a flagrant and you dont bother to call foul i've seen some dudes play the "you need to call the foul" game but usually a stern look stops that.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Where I hoop, first and last games to 16, every other game to 12, straight, 1s and 2s. But we have all been through those foreign gym situations with getting cheated out of calls, score, or having your "next" not respected.

Where I play, if you call foul and make it, too bad you called ball. SO similarly, if you say "And 1" and miss, play on. Most common argument I am involved in though, is being that I almost never call fouls because I am strong enough to still finish through it most of the time, people always try to foul me on purpose and I still score and they're like, "nah I stopped ball, I fouled you," and then it's "I didn't call it.... let me call my own," and usually handles that, or the aforementioned threa a few weeks ago about other bully tactics that are still legal but make use of a size advantage in a unique way like tossing your +## out of bounds using the ball instead of your body.

But when I played in OKC, they play continuation. Like they can call foul but then wait to see if it goes in, and be like, "nevermind. bucket!" I got a friend who is a Jehovah's Witness and he and some of the elders rented out the gym and he invited me. Game goes to 12 and I got like the 3 of the first 4 points en route to a blowout, and I score again, and they said one person can only score 3 points to keep it fair. So I tried to obey the rule and continue playing, but it made no sense. What the +%%% am I supposed to do now? I just ended up leaving, and now when they come back, they don't invite the elders anymore because those dudes stayed making up rules the whole night after I left and consequently ran the court :l.
eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

eek.gif
roll.gif

Lmao!!!

umm... 2 is 66% of 3...

tired.gif

Exactly. The fact that you can come back from a huge deficit quickly by making shots beyond the 3 point line means the games can be very intense. Which means everyone should play harder and defend.

Originally Posted by Durden7

umm... 2 is 66% of 3...

tired.gif

...or learn how to play the game correctly and not just stand around the 3 pt line jacking up 30 footers.
thank you. and besides all i said is it destroys the quality of the game... not that its unstoppable
laugh.gif

these bums still lose its jus a %+%* game when the last third of it is spent watching ppl chuck shots everytime they get an inch of breathing space

Every time I play a game I establish what we're playing up to before the game starts and announce how many points I have or my team after I/we score. I don't give a %%## what's the norm at that gym or park or rec center. That's just how it is when you're not playing an official game where it's organized and you don't need to keep score.

So although those guys were probably being douchey yall should've let them know game was 11 and honestly once they pulled that bs game is 12 and you should've let it be known you thought it was 11 yall should've just started playing jailball to get your final bucket. Karate chop a @#!!+ in the throat and get a layup.

I will say I never heard of a game going to 12
laugh.gif
Even if the game is tied and game is one score away we always bump it up by 2 points, so if you're playing where the 3pt counts at 2 points you still got a chance.

thank you. and besides all i said is it destroys the quality of the game... not that its unstoppable
laugh.gif

these bums still lose its jus a %+%* game when the last third of it is spent watching ppl chuck shots everytime they get an inch of breathing space

Destroys the quality of the game?
eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif
...........you probably the type of person to call backcourt, and offensive fouls huh?
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by thachosen123

laugh.gif

eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif
...........you probably the type of person to call backcourt, and offensive fouls huh?
30t6p3b.gif
Youre telling me that 3 pointers on 6 straight possessions without the ball ever making it to the paint is a quality game?

Theres a time and place for 3 pointers, but walking the ball up the court only to jack up a 3 as soon as you get to the line is bad basketball.

laugh.gif

eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Youre telling me that 3 pointers on 6 straight possessions without the ball ever making it to the paint is a quality game?

Theres a time and place for 3 pointers, but walking the ball up the court only to jack up a 3 as soon as you get to the line is bad basketball.

Bro if you can make the shot, why should it matter where you take it from.........now I'd understand if you're talking about dudes who constantly stand behind the line and Jack 3s(2s) knowing damn well they should stop shooting. But what's wrong with me hitting two straight behind the arc to give my team an early 4-0 lead?

If all you take is 2 shots from behind the line, then fine.  However, most games end up becoming all iso 3's and dudes trying to show off their "range". Thats just bad basketball.

Getting back to the original point, there arent a lot of things worse than losing a game even though you put the ball through the hoop more times than the opponent.

If all you take is 2 shots from behind the line, then fine.  However, most games end up becoming all iso 3's and dudes trying to show off their "range". Thats just bad basketball.

Getting back to the original point, there arent a lot of things worse than losing a game even though you put the ball through the hoop more times than the opponent.

Ahh OK i got you, I've been on the court with those type of people
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

sounds more like your playing with the wrong people
grin.gif

How do you 'supporters' defend the fact that it changes the ratio of how much it is worth? Do you think 'regular' games should have four pointers. Because that is the 100% 'markup' you are giving the 3 point shot. It doesn't make statistical sense to play 1s and 2s. Completely changes the game

I work in Arlington/Crystal City...hit me, I'll come through somewhere and play.  Pentagon, Sport and Health....anywhere. 

Best wishes, basketball arguments aren't even worth entertaining...just let your actions speak, instead of stooping down to an ignorant person's level. 

Back
Top Bottom