NT please weigh in on this situation. Pickup basketball related.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

How do you 'supporters' defend the fact that it changes the ratio of how much it is worth? Do you think 'regular' games should have four pointers. Because that is the 100% 'markup' you are giving the 3 point shot. It doesn't make statistical sense to play 1s and 2s. Completely changes the game

So you want to play 1 and 1.5s?

No just 1s, eliminate the line, kick it old school
You would be laughed off the court at 90% of gyms for suggesting this.

But I totally agree with you. Games would be so much better without people jacking up 25 footers left and right. It's the most frustrating thing. 

Sure it's good to have 2s so you have a greater chance of coming back in certain game, but that benefit is minor compared to the what having 2s does to every single game. 

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

No just 1s, eliminate the line, kick it old school
You would be laughed off the court at 90% of gyms for suggesting this.

But I totally agree with you. Games would be so much better without people jacking up 25 footers left and right. It's the most frustrating thing. 

Sure it's good to have 2s so you have a greater chance of coming back in certain game, but that benefit is minor compared to the what having 2s does to every single game. 
You need two's or else it would be nothing but guys driving and calling fouls all days.

You only play to 11 if it's a packed gym. Most gyms I play at will play 21 or 15 unless there is more than one team waiting. Then you run 11 and it keeps it quick. Plus you know the last 3-5 points take twice the whole game.

You see the most random things happen during pick up games. Never in my life have I played to 12.

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

You need two's or else it would be nothing but guys driving and calling fouls all days.

Theres this thing called a jump shot......

Back
Top Bottom