NT Poker heads: Finally started a poker blog, let me know what you think, ask questions here, etc.

Thanks for sharing this... I'm an avid online player... primarily high stakes sngs on ftp/stars.
Random ? for ya... Deep in MTT all in w/ A6 would you rather villian flip over KQ or A4?

Looking forward to keeping up with your blog.

Galen, who knew you were a shoehead. Nice CardPlayer cover. Must be nice to be able to go on a forum and not get bombared. What training site are you associated with? Might sound lke a noob question, but i play semi-pro and don't really follow pros. PM me if you aren't trying to brand wh*re a website. Congrats on Pokerstars Caribbean BTW.

Galen, who knew you were a shoehead. Nice CardPlayer cover. Must be nice to be able to go on a forum and not get bombared. What training site are you associated with? Might sound lke a noob question, but i play semi-pro and don't really follow pros. PM me if you aren't trying to brand wh*re a website. Congrats on Pokerstars Caribbean BTW.

Galen! What did you do with that big pot you won?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by sportinjordans916

Thanks for sharing this... I'm an avid online player... primarily high stakes sngs on ftp/stars.
Random ? for ya... Deep in MTT all in w/ A6 would you rather villian flip over KQ or A4?

Equity wise you're a little bigger favorite against A4, but thats because of a lot of chops, whereas your similar equity vs the KQ is due to the fact that they are actually going to win the full pot 43% of the time. Still want the bigger mathematical long term edge, assuming you're often going deep. Either way if you are getting it in vs a player who you assume has a marginal hand it is a plus EV play.

Equity wise you're a little bigger favorite against A4, but thats because of a lot of chops, whereas your similar equity vs the KQ is due to the fact that they are actually going to win the full pot 43% of the time. Still want the bigger mathematical long term edge, assuming you're often going deep. Either way if you are getting it in vs a player who you assume has a marginal hand it is a plus EV play.

Originally Posted by Hyper

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

What do you think the best game for somebody to master if they want to maximize their lifetime winnings? I've heard cash games are where the real money is won and lost but I feel like I haven't developed my game enough to play cash. SNG seems somewhat easier to me because I don't get hung up thinking about my bets as being real cash being lost and won.

You should think in terms of buy ins and not actual money.

If I lose 100k, I didn't lose a Mercedes, I lost a buy in, its as simple as that.

You would definitely want to master cash games, mainly NLHE and PLO, because there's way too much variance in tournaments.

The best tournament players in the world will cash in about 15-20% of the tournaments they enter.

Cash games definitely have less variance than MTTs, but cash games online are ridic tough nowadays. less variance, but that doesn't mean much if you can't beat the games.

Also, the difference between the best mtt players in the world and average regs has very little to do with the frequency with which they cash.

Easy answer, no? A6 has 57.7% equity against A4 and 57.3% equity against KQ. It's also a lower variance aipf because you chop 17.5% of the time, so you bust much less frequently. More equity, less variance = A4. It'd be a better question if it was vs A4s instead of just "A4," so you have a slightly less equity with less variance. The answer then, depends on the remaining field and your edge. The tougher the field, the more pushing small equity edges becomes necessary. If it's a bunch of idiots left, then you can sacrifice the small equity in exchange for the lower bustout prob.

This sort of thing comes up alot in like 20bb bvb confrontations, where you can just jam your entire playing range, or you can add in a polarized raise/fold and raise/call range which induces some lightness from the bb and therefore generates more equity if you do it right, but has more variance.

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

nerd.gif

The PCA moneys? I've already invested most of it.

Originally Posted by radrztj85

Thanks! Yeah, it is definitely unusual posting somewhere where most people don't know me that well, even though this used to be my main place when I aws young.

I don't make videos on any sites, although I might do some when I go back to school in my spare time since I won't be able to play mtts that much.

Originally Posted by Hyper

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

What do you think the best game for somebody to master if they want to maximize their lifetime winnings? I've heard cash games are where the real money is won and lost but I feel like I haven't developed my game enough to play cash. SNG seems somewhat easier to me because I don't get hung up thinking about my bets as being real cash being lost and won.

You should think in terms of buy ins and not actual money.

If I lose 100k, I didn't lose a Mercedes, I lost a buy in, its as simple as that.

You would definitely want to master cash games, mainly NLHE and PLO, because there's way too much variance in tournaments.

The best tournament players in the world will cash in about 15-20% of the tournaments they enter.

Cash games definitely have less variance than MTTs, but cash games online are ridic tough nowadays. less variance, but that doesn't mean much if you can't beat the games.

Also, the difference between the best mtt players in the world and average regs has very little to do with the frequency with which they cash.

Easy answer, no? A6 has 57.7% equity against A4 and 57.3% equity against KQ. It's also a lower variance aipf because you chop 17.5% of the time, so you bust much less frequently. More equity, less variance = A4. It'd be a better question if it was vs A4s instead of just "A4," so you have a slightly less equity with less variance. The answer then, depends on the remaining field and your edge. The tougher the field, the more pushing small equity edges becomes necessary. If it's a bunch of idiots left, then you can sacrifice the small equity in exchange for the lower bustout prob.

This sort of thing comes up alot in like 20bb bvb confrontations, where you can just jam your entire playing range, or you can add in a polarized raise/fold and raise/call range which induces some lightness from the bb and therefore generates more equity if you do it right, but has more variance.

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

nerd.gif

The PCA moneys? I've already invested most of it.

Originally Posted by radrztj85

Thanks! Yeah, it is definitely unusual posting somewhere where most people don't know me that well, even though this used to be my main place when I aws young.

I don't make videos on any sites, although I might do some when I go back to school in my spare time since I won't be able to play mtts that much.

Originally Posted by VirgilMalloy

Cool man. Well maybe we'll cross paths or even butt heads at WSOP. I'm probably playing a couple 1k events and staking a couple of my DC buddies. I'm always looking for pieces, so pm me if you're selling any action. GL with everything

Originally Posted by VirgilMalloy

Cool man. Well maybe we'll cross paths or even butt heads at WSOP. I'm probably playing a couple 1k events and staking a couple of my DC buddies. I'm always looking for pieces, so pm me if you're selling any action. GL with everything

Back
Top Bottom