NT Poll how many of you actually believe you can become a billionaire?

Originally Posted by Scarface2k1

by the time 20 year olds are 70, being a billionaire will be like being a millionaire today.

eek.gif
Um..............No, wrong

There is virtually nothing that sits outside of the realm of possibilities. With that said, I doubt that become a billionaire as measured by today's dollars. A much more likely situation is that you and me will become billionaires dues to hyperinflation inflation. If you look at the US budget and assume that the political classes and the voting public supports more debt and spending thus bringing us to insolvency, monetizing of the debt, default, dumping of the dollar as the World's reserve currency or some combination thereof and obviously, terrifying levels of inflation.

BTW, In another thread where the Wambulance was being called upon by NT's legions of left wing, MSNBC talking points readers, in response to a Congressman suggesting that Ronald Reagan's face be placed on the $50, I joked that President Obama can on the upcoming hundred million dollar banks notes (which would of course only be able to get you a loaf of bread or a head of cabbage after standing in line for hours). I mentioned Obama mostly because it would maximize the wambulance factor but if/when this country starts to just tack zeros on its bank notes, we could blame almost every policy maker that has been in Washington since WWII and more importantly, the voting public for insisting that their own provincial and/or parochial special interests never have to make due with less funding.

To paraphrase Kent Brockman when he assigned blame for Springfield economic woes, I place the blame squarely on you, the voter.

^ who's in your avatar?... thirst much
$1 billion before I die is roughly $100-$200 million in today's dollars. Highly unlikely for anyone on NT, even if the youngest member is a week old. Maybe there's a basketball player or investment banker who will catch a few dozen breaks along the way.

Looks at family, doesn't see any major financial inheritance coming (ie. oil tycoon, successful family business, drug money), not a chance in hell I'll reach a billie. Too many of yall aren't being realistic, a billion dollars is A WHOLE LOT OF MONEY.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Take into account that for this generation, you need to make at least 5 mill to be considered lower middle class due to inflation and all that. IMO someone (typical American) who hustles his hardest can reach the 8-10 mill reasonably. Anything beyond that you need to be either a celebrity or founder of a company or business. If you're talking about becoming a billionaire, then you need to invent a new Google or Johnson Johnson.

You all are sad ages 16-23 sayin they cant be millionares just have ya own business or invest or hell make up a dumb dance with a song and you will be ite im sure its not that hard to make a milli but a bill thats out there
pimp.gif

Half the dudes on niketalk already have $950,000,000. So I'd say its possible for them.

No chance cause im not shooting for a Billion.

I dont even necessarily want to be a millionaire.... I just want me, my immediate family and any future wife and kids to be comfortable.

unless yall can come up with a product that everyone will need in everyday life or some billion dollar realitive dies, I highly doubt anyone in here will reach a billion
most entertainers wont even make a billion. better hope your house is laying on top of some oil or something

goal: accumulate as much wealth as possible.

why place an arbitrary number on it? It was cool when I was a kid, but now, numbers are unrealistic standards that can also hinder progress.

I'm a finance major, I would know.

Originally Posted by Smedroc

I dont even necessarily want to be a millionaire.... I just want me, my immediate family and any future wife and kids to be comfortable.

This.

So, if you had a chance to be one.. You'd turn it down?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

There is virtually nothing that sits outside of the realm of possibilities. With that said, I doubt that become a billionaire as measured by today's dollars. A much more likely situation is that you and me will become billionaires dues to hyperinflation inflation. If you look at the US budget and assume that the political classes and the voting public supports more debt and spending thus bringing us to insolvency, monetizing of the debt, default, dumping of the dollar as the World's reserve currency or some combination thereof and obviously, terrifying levels of inflation.

BTW, In another thread where the Wambulance was being called upon by NT's legions of left wing, MSNBC talking points readers, in response to a Congressman suggesting that Ronald Reagan's face be placed on the $50, I joked that President Obama can on the upcoming hundred million dollar banks notes (which would of course only be able to get you a loaf of bread or a head of cabbage after standing in line for hours). I mentioned Obama mostly because it would maximize the wambulance factor but if/when this country starts to just tack zeros on its bank notes, we could blame almost every policy maker that has been in Washington since WWII and more importantly, the voting public for insisting that their own provincial and/or parochial special interests never have to make due with less funding.

To paraphrase Kent Brockman when he assigned blame for Springfield economic woes, I place the blame squarely on you, the voter.

I've been thinking a lot about the USD's endgame. Contrary to what the government would like you to believe, the only real way of paying off the United State's debt is to devalue the currency to the point that trillions in debt aren't worth a considerable amount. I'm not saying it's GOING to happen but it very likely CAN happen.

In the event of a serious devaluation of the USD, there will be hyperinflation as the government continues to print dollars. If there is hyperinflation of the USD, I will become a billionaire in a stable foreign currency. It's very possible to profit off of a hyperinflating currency if you have access to a stable foreign currency and are able to convert it back and forth (look up the story of Mikhail Prokhorov who is the new owner of the Nets). I plan on doing this in the event of hyperinflation in the US. I've been slowly converting USD into other currencies as well as commodities (gold/silver) as a precautionary method. One's wealth should never be held in one asset, especially when those who control the asset are inclined to devalue it.

Originally Posted by Nktran001

So, if you had a chance to be one.. You'd turn it down?
grin.gif
Was that the question though??
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom