NT: Post Your Tips On Selling Text Books

D

Deleted member 38182

cuz i started to go online and look for places to sell to, and the prices i was getting back were ridiculous straight up dumb. Like an $50 english book,i'd get $3.50 back
indifferent.gif
. i mean i may as well just keep the book
laugh.gif

So any tips/suggestions? post them here!

^you mean the actual campus book store or the surrounding stores?

Wait for the best semester to come back around.

Personally, I'd do it when summer's over and a new year begins (August/September).

half.com if you dont mind waiting cuz it could be there for a while. i go to my college bookstore if i want money, the most i can get back is %50 but the goodthing is you get cash on the spot

The bookstore wouldn't take back my Econ book. They said its an old version. Damn.

i hate when they do that. they wouldnt buy back my psychology book because they said theyre going to a different version.

i used my campus bookstore. they usually run some special at the end of a semester, i got 50% value on every book and it was an in and out process. you shouldcheck if your store has something similar.

i would check out the price of the used books in the bookstore & knock $10 off my price & post fliers around campus advertising your books.

best way is to try to sell to other students maybe through facebook's marketplace

Amazon was best for me. A couple of times i sold them for more than i paid in the first place. I never bought or sold at the campus book store though.

sell them asap before the classes switch to another edition. I sold mine back to the school and I got 3/4 for all my new books and 1/8 for all my used books.it wasnt too bad considering I didn't have to pay for them.

Originally Posted by Da Infamous Jay

I sold my books to people I knew who needed them. 50% off.

laugh.gif
i really think thats what im gonna end up having to do. just chillin the book store or whatever and go up to people looking for the books im trying to sell and give em a deal

the best thing i did when i was in school was:

when classes start, go early to the class that will eventually be using it, and ask if anyone wants to buy it used for $___ cheaper than the bookstore. peoplewill bid on the spot.

My school store gives back 50% if they reuse them. Thankfully they're reusing my math and english books, the most expensive.
pimp.gif

when my school book store doesnt take back books i wait til its close to the next semester and try selling on ebay

half.com...I actually sold a book for double the price I bought it at.

Back
Top Bottom