NT, Real Talk - How Do You Feel About Gays?

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by rashi

Judging gay people as apposed to another race or religion is a completely different concept. 
To be gay is a decision, you can't choose your race. As for religion its instilled into you depending on how religious your parents ago. Gay people choose to be different therefore they get no sympathy. 

It's a decision? Who the hell would decide to be gay with the baggage that comes along with being gay?

LOL I used to think it was a joke, but people really do think gay people get up one morning and have an epiphany that they love penis. No one is that stupid.
30t6p3b.gif

Its not about a sudden light bulb that just goes off obviously, thats naive. 
Its about deep rooted mental problems which have occurred over a period of time that me or you couldn't understand.

Explain. If you're going to make a claim about the psychopathology of homosexuality as a mental illness, I want peer-reviewed scholarly work/research, and an essay showing your own understanding and critical analysis of said research. And I mean it.

Son, this is NT. No one cares what you want. 

If you actually cared about what I'd write you would research the material yourself, save me the time.

laugh.gif

Oh right right, show me this "research" that uncovers the "Deep rooted mental problems" that all gays have, Id LOVE to see it.

Originally Posted by rashi

Judging gay people as apposed to another race or religion is a completely different concept. 
To be gay is a decision, you can't choose your race. As for religion its instilled into you depending on how religious your parents ago. Gay people choose to be different therefore they get no sympathy. 

It's a decision? Who the hell would decide to be gay with the baggage that comes along with being gay?

LOL I used to think it was a joke, but people really do think gay people get up one morning and have an epiphany that they love penis. No one is that stupid.
30t6p3b.gif

Its not about a sudden light bulb that just goes off obviously, thats naive. 
Its about deep rooted mental problems which have occurred over a period of time that me or you couldn't understand.

Explain. If you're going to make a claim about the psychopathology of homosexuality as a mental illness, I want peer-reviewed scholarly work/research, and an essay showing your own understanding and critical analysis of said research. And I mean it.

Son, this is NT. No one cares what you want. 

If you actually cared about what I'd write you would research the material yourself, save me the time.

laugh.gif

Oh right right, show me this "research" that uncovers the "Deep rooted mental problems" that all gays have, Id LOVE to see it.

my thing is when did being gay make you lose ur masculinity.gay is one thng but snappin ur fingers and rolling ur neck is.....not necessary..or is it?

I dont get how people say homophobes are actually gay, yet the N__'s who stand up for gay people till the death aren't gay?  Wth?

I dont get how people say homophobes are actually gay, yet the N__'s who stand up for gay people till the death aren't gay?  Wth?

my thing is when did being gay make you lose ur masculinity.gay is one thng but snappin ur fingers and rolling ur neck is.....not necessary..or is it?

ok I don't understand someone on fb posted: 1 in 10 ppl are gay, 1 in 10 ppl are being humiliated because they are gay. I'm just wondering do they consider it a sickness? I mean you wanna compare 1 in 5 children are born with autism? so it's a disease all of a sudden? Opinions?

ok I don't understand someone on fb posted: 1 in 10 ppl are gay, 1 in 10 ppl are being humiliated because they are gay. I'm just wondering do they consider it a sickness? I mean you wanna compare 1 in 5 children are born with autism? so it's a disease all of a sudden? Opinions?

Just because someone may be gay, does not mean that they'd actually want you.

That said, Homosexuality is more about companionship than sex, as most relationships are. You are not going to get a mature conversation on Homosexuality on places like this due to the lack of awareness, then indoctrination of religion.  You have the nature versus nurture debate, as I personally know quite a few men and women who CHOSE the lifestyle, due to both traumatic or enjoyable experiences in their lives. Then there are others who claim to have known that they were "gay" since they hit puberty.

What many need to realize is that being gay or lesbian, does not make you any less of a man or woman. Many gay men still love women as sexual partners, as do lesbians who love men. However, when it comes to companionship, whom they are cohabiting with, that is a much different matter.

I will never try and convince someone to think that being "gay" is okay. I personally feel that people need to experience what they fear, before they can truly understand it. Not saying that you should have sex with someone of the same sex, but having a conversation with someone, getting to know them and their lifestyle, background, likes and dislikes, will make you see that we all have a connection on some level that is beyond our sexuality.

Being a Black Man in America, I am very careful not to subject any people to the ills that were carried out against my people, all due to some irrational thought that came from pseudo scientific methodology and religion/bible. In some circles, people feel that being gay is only a choice that can be reversed. In others, some feel that it is an abomination, only to be doomed in the face of "god". Others feel that it is just wrong.

However you feel, just remember to treat people as you'd wish to be treated, if you were the only one who were different.

Just because someone may be gay, does not mean that they'd actually want you.

That said, Homosexuality is more about companionship than sex, as most relationships are. You are not going to get a mature conversation on Homosexuality on places like this due to the lack of awareness, then indoctrination of religion.  You have the nature versus nurture debate, as I personally know quite a few men and women who CHOSE the lifestyle, due to both traumatic or enjoyable experiences in their lives. Then there are others who claim to have known that they were "gay" since they hit puberty.

What many need to realize is that being gay or lesbian, does not make you any less of a man or woman. Many gay men still love women as sexual partners, as do lesbians who love men. However, when it comes to companionship, whom they are cohabiting with, that is a much different matter.

I will never try and convince someone to think that being "gay" is okay. I personally feel that people need to experience what they fear, before they can truly understand it. Not saying that you should have sex with someone of the same sex, but having a conversation with someone, getting to know them and their lifestyle, background, likes and dislikes, will make you see that we all have a connection on some level that is beyond our sexuality.

Being a Black Man in America, I am very careful not to subject any people to the ills that were carried out against my people, all due to some irrational thought that came from pseudo scientific methodology and religion/bible. In some circles, people feel that being gay is only a choice that can be reversed. In others, some feel that it is an abomination, only to be doomed in the face of "god". Others feel that it is just wrong.

However you feel, just remember to treat people as you'd wish to be treated, if you were the only one who were different.

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

laugh.gif
Yea I hear that a lot around here. It doesn't make sense to me either but hey.

I think I have calmed down over time though. Just isn't right and I admit that a lot of my preconcieved thoughts about gays were purely ignorant. So I have no problems about them anymore. Just the flamboyant, "Look at me" ones kill me. Seems like they go out of their way.

laugh.gif
Yea I hear that a lot around here. It doesn't make sense to me either but hey.

I think I have calmed down over time though. Just isn't right and I admit that a lot of my preconcieved thoughts about gays were purely ignorant. So I have no problems about them anymore. Just the flamboyant, "Look at me" ones kill me. Seems like they go out of their way.

I kind of see what you're saying though you did a very poor job of it.  It's kind of like saying a racist hates that race because they're really that race.  The KKK hates blacks because they're closet blacks, and Nat Turner hates white people because he's really a 14 year old white kid from the 'burbs.

I kind of see what you're saying though you did a very poor job of it.  It's kind of like saying a racist hates that race because they're really that race.  The KKK hates blacks because they're closet blacks, and Nat Turner hates white people because he's really a 14 year old white kid from the 'burbs.

Originally Posted by Eranoitckik

It's a disability of some sort

like a form of ******ation but of the sexual preference. I mean not worthy enough to give out handicapped spaces over but enough to have some understanding

Some of the gay dudes just can't help it, they act the way they do cause it's natural to them. Ever see a gay dude try and act straight but you can still tell he gay?

Just let them live
quote of da day
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Eranoitckik

It's a disability of some sort

like a form of ******ation but of the sexual preference. I mean not worthy enough to give out handicapped spaces over but enough to have some understanding

Some of the gay dudes just can't help it, they act the way they do cause it's natural to them. Ever see a gay dude try and act straight but you can still tell he gay?

Just let them live
quote of da day
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom