NT recommend me a good shock collar for my dog

NT I am going to get a shock collar for my Siberian Husky and wanted to know if anyone had any good recommendations. I know everyone is going to tell me that shock collars are not the answer, but trust me I have tried everything. No amount of training has helped this dog. She runs away every chance she gets, and I figured I would rather give her a shock collar instead of having her get hit by a car.

NT I am going to get a shock collar for my Siberian Husky and wanted to know if anyone had any good recommendations. I know everyone is going to tell me that shock collars are not the answer, but trust me I have tried everything. No amount of training has helped this dog. She runs away every chance she gets, and I figured I would rather give her a shock collar instead of having her get hit by a car.

I hate shock collars. Someone should have put one around your neck when u were a kid and u did something your family didn't like.

I hate shock collars. Someone should have put one around your neck when u were a kid and u did something your family didn't like.

Thanks for the input, but you have no idea how she runs. Today for example, she got out and three hours later I got a call saying my dog was in this guys backyard. 20 miles away from my house. Yes thats right, she was 20 miles from my house within three hours. When she gets out she runs on busy streets and a lot of times head on at traffic. Its not that I don't take care of her or treat her poorly, its instinct for them because huskies were trained to run toward the horizon.

Thanks for the input, but you have no idea how she runs. Today for example, she got out and three hours later I got a call saying my dog was in this guys backyard. 20 miles away from my house. Yes thats right, she was 20 miles from my house within three hours. When she gets out she runs on busy streets and a lot of times head on at traffic. Its not that I don't take care of her or treat her poorly, its instinct for them because huskies were trained to run toward the horizon.

I searched Google long and hard.
For some reason, they're very tight-lipped about who produces the shock collars with the highest voltage.
Good luck OP

I searched Google long and hard.
For some reason, they're very tight-lipped about who produces the shock collars with the highest voltage.
Good luck OP

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
my girl puts the shocks to her dog.  that **** is hilarious.  i think she bought the collar from pet's mart.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
my girl puts the shocks to her dog.  that **** is hilarious.  i think she bought the collar from pet's mart.

hey OP, cop one with the DVD. It gives you full training instructions. I see this guy at the park with one on his dog, and his dog's temperament and behavior is by far the best I've ever seen. And as a dog owner, the last thing you want is a dog missing or dead. So shock collar as cruel as it may seem to some, is def needed in this circumstance.

and people who are saying get a fence----> that's not fixing the issue head on.

hey OP, cop one with the DVD. It gives you full training instructions. I see this guy at the park with one on his dog, and his dog's temperament and behavior is by far the best I've ever seen. And as a dog owner, the last thing you want is a dog missing or dead. So shock collar as cruel as it may seem to some, is def needed in this circumstance.

and people who are saying get a fence----> that's not fixing the issue head on.

Shock collars don't hit that hard. I remember one time my uncle handed me this little black box(the actual collar wasn't threaded though) with two metal prongs on it, i was looking at it like what the heck? and then he hit the button, it jolted me, but not in what i would describe as an inhumane way. btw

Shock collars don't hit that hard. I remember one time my uncle handed me this little black box(the actual collar wasn't threaded though) with two metal prongs on it, i was looking at it like what the heck? and then he hit the button, it jolted me, but not in what i would describe as an inhumane way. btw

wow 
30t6p3b.gif
@ shock collars

OP, you suck.

Go to petsmart and get a super long backyard leash for your dog. If your dog has a "problem", a shock collar is not going to solve it and will have the potential to mess up the dog. I have a Lab and a super huge backyard with field directly behind it (about 2 acres of land). We put a long heavy duty backyard leash and the dog learned his boundries after a few months. Now we dont even use the leash and he never runs off.

-The Juice

wow 
30t6p3b.gif
@ shock collars

OP, you suck.

Go to petsmart and get a super long backyard leash for your dog. If your dog has a "problem", a shock collar is not going to solve it and will have the potential to mess up the dog. I have a Lab and a super huge backyard with field directly behind it (about 2 acres of land). We put a long heavy duty backyard leash and the dog learned his boundries after a few months. Now we dont even use the leash and he never runs off.

-The Juice

Originally Posted by ToLiveandDieinNJ

but are YOU a dog though? No

/yourargument

-The Juice

Originally Posted by ToLiveandDieinNJ

but are YOU a dog though? No

/yourargument

-The Juice

Back
Top Bottom