NT recommend me a good shock collar for my dog

Shock is not the answer, especially when used intermittently by the untrained.
30t6p3b.gif

Go to a certified applied animal behaviorist. They'll know what to do. Yes they may use shock treatment but only in extreme circumstances. You don't want to shock them to correct their behavior because it will not give you the expected results.

You'll either find yourself with a zombie dog that won't do anything for fear of the shock or it may get used to the shock and act out worse than before. Then you're left with a whole heap of trouble and behavior that is paired with the wrong reinforcement.

Here's a useful link: http://www.animalbehavior...dBehavior/caab-directory

Shock is not the answer, especially when used intermittently by the untrained.
30t6p3b.gif

Go to a certified applied animal behaviorist. They'll know what to do. Yes they may use shock treatment but only in extreme circumstances. You don't want to shock them to correct their behavior because it will not give you the expected results.

You'll either find yourself with a zombie dog that won't do anything for fear of the shock or it may get used to the shock and act out worse than before. Then you're left with a whole heap of trouble and behavior that is paired with the wrong reinforcement.

Here's a useful link: http://www.animalbehavior...dBehavior/caab-directory

RIP to the OP...dogs are one of NT's favorite topics. 
p.s. despite what these other folk are saying, i know what you're talking about. my ex used one (sorry don't know the brand) for her mutt.  it was the ONLY way to control the dog. 

RIP to the OP...dogs are one of NT's favorite topics. 
p.s. despite what these other folk are saying, i know what you're talking about. my ex used one (sorry don't know the brand) for her mutt.  it was the ONLY way to control the dog. 

came in here to say smh but i know how crazy those dogs can be. a lot of them will bolt at any chance. good luck bro.

came in here to say smh but i know how crazy those dogs can be. a lot of them will bolt at any chance. good luck bro.

Whats wrong with shock collars? Seems like a great invention to discipline dogs. I guess some of you are not from cultures where children are spanked.

Spanking builds character.

Whats wrong with shock collars? Seems like a great invention to discipline dogs. I guess some of you are not from cultures where children are spanked.

Spanking builds character.

Originally Posted by negetive00plxco

Thanks for the input, but you have no idea how she runs. Today for example, she got out and three hours later I got a call saying my dog was in this guys backyard. 20 miles away from my house. Yes thats right, she was 20 miles from my house within three hours. When she gets out she runs on busy streets and a lot of times head on at traffic. Its not that I don't take care of her or treat her poorly, its instinct for them because huskies were trained to run toward the horizon.

My dam husky does the same dam thing all the time.
Fool completely takes off. I was thinking bout that invisible dog fence thing

Thanks for the input, but you have no idea how she runs. Today for example, she got out and three hours later I got a call saying my dog was in this guys backyard. 20 miles away from my house. Yes thats right, she was 20 miles from my house within three hours. When she gets out she runs on busy streets and a lot of times head on at traffic. Its not that I don't take care of her or treat her poorly, its instinct for them because huskies were trained to run toward the horizon.

My dam husky does the same dam thing all the time.
Fool completely takes off. I was thinking bout that invisible dog fence thing

whatever you get, make sure it's not a cheap one. A year ago I had a husky too (yes I had a fence but he could jump it) and I bought one of the cheap collars at petsmart and that thing didn't do ANYTHING.

whatever you get, make sure it's not a cheap one. A year ago I had a husky too (yes I had a fence but he could jump it) and I bought one of the cheap collars at petsmart and that thing didn't do ANYTHING.

its instinct for them because huskies were trained to run toward the horizon.
so its instinct for them to run towards infinity??
eek.gif
eek.gif

its instinct for them because huskies were trained to run toward the horizon.
so its instinct for them to run towards infinity??
eek.gif
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom