NT school me on AMEX Cards

Like others have said, they are definitely not accepted everywhere.  The Blue cards you can carry a balance and pay it off monthly, and there is no annual fee.  For all their other cards I believe there is an annual fee, although they will probably waive the first year.

Their customer service is top notch.  I've heard that they warranty products longer than the manufacturer's, but I've never tried.  I do know that if you want to dispute a charge, they always credit your account and then they go and do their own research of the transaction and if they side with you the credit stays.  If not, you pay whatever the actual transaction was. 

AMEX is awesome, it may have its drawbacks but it is my favorite credit card.

AMEX is awesome, it may have its drawbacks but it is my favorite credit card.

AMEX is A+ no questions. I have been a card holder now for about 4 years. Both with the charge card (Business Gold), along with the Blue Sky credit card.

I must say if you are looking for a great traveler rewards card I believe its the Blue Sky, no blackout dates, you don't have to book through AMEX either. Basically you get a $100 voucher that is applied to your account when desired each time you reach $7,500 in purchases. That equals a rate of 1.33% return on ALL purchases. Many companies offer 1% on most purchases excluding the 5% you might get w/ some cards at drugstores, gas stations, groceries.

I have had disputes and have used the extended warranty option along with the customer satisfaction return policy. Very helpful people they have there behind those desks.

Thankfully I never have to carry a balance over but if you tend to, their APR can be slightly higher than your average CC company.

AMEX is A+ no questions. I have been a card holder now for about 4 years. Both with the charge card (Business Gold), along with the Blue Sky credit card.

I must say if you are looking for a great traveler rewards card I believe its the Blue Sky, no blackout dates, you don't have to book through AMEX either. Basically you get a $100 voucher that is applied to your account when desired each time you reach $7,500 in purchases. That equals a rate of 1.33% return on ALL purchases. Many companies offer 1% on most purchases excluding the 5% you might get w/ some cards at drugstores, gas stations, groceries.

I have had disputes and have used the extended warranty option along with the customer satisfaction return policy. Very helpful people they have there behind those desks.

Thankfully I never have to carry a balance over but if you tend to, their APR can be slightly higher than your average CC company.

I like AMEX, I've had the Blue since for about 3 years now. I have nothing but praises for AMEX honestly. When I lost my wallet, I called both AMEX and US Bank to stop my cards and order a new one. AMEX did next day shipping and the US Bank card took about 5 days to arrive. Also, when I forgot to switch over to my new account, I messed up on a payment and they charged me a fee. I told them situation and that I've always paid on time and in full, and they waved that fee for me. I get a statement credit around November every year for the rewards plus no annual fee. I've been offered to upgrade to PLAT as well but I'm still in college and that $500 annual is pretty steep but maybe later when I can actually take advantage of the rewards

I like AMEX, I've had the Blue since for about 3 years now. I have nothing but praises for AMEX honestly. When I lost my wallet, I called both AMEX and US Bank to stop my cards and order a new one. AMEX did next day shipping and the US Bank card took about 5 days to arrive. Also, when I forgot to switch over to my new account, I messed up on a payment and they charged me a fee. I told them situation and that I've always paid on time and in full, and they waved that fee for me. I get a statement credit around November every year for the rewards plus no annual fee. I've been offered to upgrade to PLAT as well but I'm still in college and that $500 annual is pretty steep but maybe later when I can actually take advantage of the rewards

What Credit Score would you guys say is needed to get a gold card? I pretty much wanted to just use this to pay for every little thing I did then pay it off instantly if that makes sense,because I dont like to use cash.

What Credit Score would you guys say is needed to get a gold card? I pretty much wanted to just use this to pay for every little thing I did then pay it off instantly if that makes sense,because I dont like to use cash.

I got my amex through costco love it, if you shop at costco alot its def. worth it and it has no annual fee you just need a costco membership

I got my amex through costco love it, if you shop at costco alot its def. worth it and it has no annual fee you just need a costco membership

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Not really sure, but I was around 20 when AMEX started offering me the Gold while I was on the Blue. Idk my exact credit score but if it helps, I had no debt and I was paying off my bill in full everytime with AMEX and my other CC. No delinquencies and basically non-existent credit/debt ratio. 

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Not really sure, but I was around 20 when AMEX started offering me the Gold while I was on the Blue. Idk my exact credit score but if it helps, I had no debt and I was paying off my bill in full everytime with AMEX and my other CC. No delinquencies and basically non-existent credit/debt ratio. 

Back
Top Bottom