NT School me on being a Movie Extra Vol. im famous

Originally Posted by AlRjordan

I would like to know this too. I've known some people that have done extra gigs, and its a pretty cool deal because you usually make a nice little chunk of change for not really doing a whole lot. And not only that but it exposes you to a lot of random opportunities ie; meeting someone famous, landing other jobs/roles from it, meeting and making connections in the industry.

Is there any website, or place to look that lists all of the casting calls for extras?
http://www.beaubonneaucasting.com/
http://home.sfcasting.com/

eek.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
at that back to the future vid.

I would like to know this too. I've known some people that have done extra gigs, and its a pretty cool deal because you usually make a nice little chunk of change for not really doing a whole lot. And not only that but it exposes you to a lot of random opportunities ie; meeting someone famous, landing other jobs/roles from it, meeting and making connections in the industry.

Is there any website, or place to look that lists all of the casting calls for extras?
i think i found my 2011 hustle
pimp.gif

i think i found my 2011 hustle
pimp.gif

It's not as glamorous as some of you might think it is. You are there for extremely long hours, doing the exact same thing over and over. Remember they film the scene a number of times, and this adds up to many long hours.

On a side note, me and Flamin Hot Cheetos are extras in the final scene in of Moneyball with Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill. They also did a longshot of us across the Oakland A's stadium in the far bleachers from home plate. I'm hoping we make it to the final cut. We'll find out once the movie comes out the end of this year.

It's not as glamorous as some of you might think it is. You are there for extremely long hours, doing the exact same thing over and over. Remember they film the scene a number of times, and this adds up to many long hours.

On a side note, me and Flamin Hot Cheetos are extras in the final scene in of Moneyball with Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill. They also did a longshot of us across the Oakland A's stadium in the far bleachers from home plate. I'm hoping we make it to the final cut. We'll find out once the movie comes out the end of this year.

Yo im down for this, make me some side money. Im sure they be filmin a few movies down here in miami

Yo im down for this, make me some side money. Im sure they be filmin a few movies down here in miami

I was extra for a tv show and it turned out to be a fun experience.  Check a site called backstage.com.  They give you different things about the tv and film industry.  Also it depends on the area your in.  New York and L.A. of course your gonna see jobs so you gotta be ready to venture out to these places.  Also you should get in aftra or get your sag card because thats where the money is.
Yeah the craft service (food) is free but it depends on who you are.  Breakfast and snacks are free for all but when it comes to Lunch and Dinner then it gets picky.

I was extra for a tv show and it turned out to be a fun experience.  Check a site called backstage.com.  They give you different things about the tv and film industry.  Also it depends on the area your in.  New York and L.A. of course your gonna see jobs so you gotta be ready to venture out to these places.  Also you should get in aftra or get your sag card because thats where the money is.
Yeah the craft service (food) is free but it depends on who you are.  Breakfast and snacks are free for all but when it comes to Lunch and Dinner then it gets picky.

Back
Top Bottom