NT School me on Boxers (dog)

5G95P55M43Ga3I93Hbc6ba32d08d04ece1d28.jpg

5Nd5Y55Ja3Ka3M13Nbc6b7aee0ebee71f1cc2.jpg

5L75Na5E93E33Ge3H7c6b4e1a630434451bfd.jpg

I just saw this Boxer/Pit mix (I think that's what it is on CL. For those who have this mix, hows the temperament compared to a pure breed?

My cousin has one and hes a cool dog. Very obedient but very very hyper at times. Dude is a big dog and likes to jump on people.

Her problem is trying to get Comander (his name) to stop eating her shoes. Dog listens when shes around but cause trouble when shes at work.

Originally Posted by djaward

My cousin has one and hes a cool dog. Very obedient but very very hyper at times. Dude is a big dog and likes to jump on people.

Her problem is trying to get Comander (his name) to stop eating her shoes. Dog listens when shes around but cause trouble when shes at work.
From what I read, her dog might have separation anxiety. Here's a good link I found to help solve that problem. http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/dogs/tips/destructive_chewing.html 

Sweetest dogs in the world. My 12 year old fawn boxer was put to sleep yesterday. At least she's in a better place, but me and my 1.5 year old boxer miss her very much. They're incredibly loyal, affectionate, and intelligent dogs.

Any dog can be a great dog, most of it comes down to how well you raise them. I think a lot of socialization with as much women, children, men, and other dogs as possible when younger the better.

Originally Posted by MaddoxKay

Sweetest dogs in the world. My 12 year old fawn boxer was put to sleep yesterday. At least she's in a better place, but me and my 1.5 year old boxer miss her very much. They're incredibly loyal, affectionate, and intelligent dogs.

Sorry to hear that. Was she put to sleep because of her age or was she sick?
How bad is the drooling?

Originally Posted by DaBottom305

How bad is the drooling?
She was very sick, she had stopped eating and was throwing up bile for a week. Our vet nor any others in our area could find anything, and our choices were to put her down or let her suffer and starve to death
tired.gif
. And the drooling isn't really any worse than any other dog of their size, but they do like to lick your face as a form of affection which I don't mind but some do.

How bad is the drooling?
She was very sick, she had stopped eating and was throwing up bile for a week. Our vet nor any others in our area could find anything, and our choices were to put her down or let her suffer and starve to death
tired.gif
. And the drooling isn't really any worse than any other dog of their size, but they do like to lick your face as a form of affection which I don't mind but some do.

That sucks. Gonna replace her so your other dog can have a playmate?
I got a response from the person on CL. Waiting to see if I can go by tomorrow to pick her up. 

"He comes with food, treats, toys, bowls, heart worm pill, leash collar and anything else i may have for him. He is crate training, doesnt have much accidents if walked frequently. He is very healthy and clean, I have vet papers to back him up."

Is there anything else I might need to get? 

How bad is the drooling?
tired.gif

That sucks. Gonna replace her so your other dog can have a playmate?
Probably. I have a great dane but he isn't much for type of energetic play that boxers like 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wohcttank

This is my dude Griffey. He is a boxer/pit mix.  Rescued him when he was 6 weeks and 7 lbs, he is 8 months now and about 65 lbs.  Funny as hell, wants to be a lap dog.  Always looking to play but will cuddle up in bed for the night.  Best dog I've ever owned. 
2cxjl6t.jpg

27wsk9.jpg

24gpwdt.jpg

2iuxcg7.jpg
eek.gif
 Beautiful...

Back
Top Bottom