NT: School me on flatscreen TVs

Originally Posted by CaBron James 23

whats the difference between plasma, LED. LCD, LED?
I work for BB home theater.

LCD
+ Cheap
+ No glare or reflection
- lower contrast (picture quality on average is the worst)
- panels can get motion blur when watching sports and

LED
+ Thin tv (usually about and 1.5 inches thick)
+ Low power, (use about 15 bucks of power a year if you watch 5 hours a day)
+ brighter picture (fyi BRIGHTER doesn't = better picture LED vary in quality, some can be worse than LCD's and some can be far far better it all depends people make the mistake of thinking LED is automatically better than and lcd)
-can get motion blur
-some can susceptib

PLASMA:
+Best picture (without question the best picture out of the three deepest blacks, best shadow detail most accurate colors out of the box)
+ NO motion blur
- uses more power
- cheaper plasmas can get glare from natural light.

If your smart you will get a plasma, don't buy into LED hype, the picture is almost always inferior and you will be paying 25% more, if you must get a thin one, samsung makes thin plasmas.

Also google tv is garbage right now, it has potential but it's basically a beta and right now sony only has built into there +!%#+% tv's, no good ones avalible yet.

[h3]Panasonic - 50" Class / 1080p / 600Hz / 3D Plasma HDTV $1399
[/h3]Best value of any tv right now, excellent high end picture quality at a really good price, anti glare screen so you don't have to worry about glare, even 3D ready if you ever want to use it, as well as built in internet functions like Netflix. A equivalent LED would run like 2G's +

If you have more cash like another poster said, get a VT30, best picture on the market right now.

whats the difference between plasma, LED. LCD, LED?
I work for BB home theater.

LCD
+ Cheap
+ No glare or reflection
- lower contrast (picture quality on average is the worst)
- panels can get motion blur when watching sports and

LED
+ Thin tv (usually about and 1.5 inches thick)
+ Low power, (use about 15 bucks of power a year if you watch 5 hours a day)
+ brighter picture (fyi BRIGHTER doesn't = better picture LED vary in quality, some can be worse than LCD's and some can be far far better it all depends people make the mistake of thinking LED is automatically better than and lcd)
-can get motion blur
-some can susceptib

PLASMA:
+Best picture (without question the best picture out of the three deepest blacks, best shadow detail most accurate colors out of the box)
+ NO motion blur
- uses more power
- cheaper plasmas can get glare from natural light.

If your smart you will get a plasma, don't buy into LED hype, the picture is almost always inferior and you will be paying 25% more, if you must get a thin one, samsung makes thin plasmas.

Also google tv is garbage right now, it has potential but it's basically a beta and right now sony only has built into there +!%#+% tv's, no good ones avalible yet.

[h3]Panasonic - 50" Class / 1080p / 600Hz / 3D Plasma HDTV $1399
[/h3]Best value of any tv right now, excellent high end picture quality at a really good price, anti glare screen so you don't have to worry about glare, even 3D ready if you ever want to use it, as well as built in internet functions like Netflix. A equivalent LED would run like 2G's +

If you have more cash like another poster said, get a VT30, best picture on the market right now.

Can you guys provide me with insight as to the best Sony flatscreen. Thinking 46' or 52'.  LED or LCD? 
Found a Sony connect that will use their employee discount.
Budget: $1300ish

Can you guys provide me with insight as to the best Sony flatscreen. Thinking 46' or 52'.  LED or LCD? 
Found a Sony connect that will use their employee discount.
Budget: $1300ish

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

I have to say, if you have the funds, go for the Sony (more expensive than other competing models with similar features). Samsung is getting there, but it's like comparing Toyotas to Hyundais. Toyotas still > Hyundais in terms of quality, albeit Toyota's boring design-wise. You get what you pay for, though.

In this comparison, Samsung is the Hyundai? When it comes to TVs? 
puzzled.gif

The newer Hyundai's at least. They are getting better. I guess the Mercedes-Benz :: Audi comparison seems more appropriate, though (for the price). Just thought I'd use a Japan vs. Korea comparison.
laugh.gif
How'd you do that emoticon?
eek.gif

I have to say, if you have the funds, go for the Sony (more expensive than other competing models with similar features). Samsung is getting there, but it's like comparing Toyotas to Hyundais. Toyotas still > Hyundais in terms of quality, albeit Toyota's boring design-wise. You get what you pay for, though.

puzzled.gif

The newer Hyundai's at least. They are getting better. I guess the Mercedes-Benz :: Audi comparison seems more appropriate, though (for the price). Just thought I'd use a Japan vs. Korea comparison.
laugh.gif
eek.gif

This is a touchy subject, especially when you're thread is titled school me on flatscreens.

But, even with that being said. If you're looking for a Sony around 1300$ and you have a inside scoop as far as a discount goes, then I would consider the following.

1. Stay in you're price range, and get a larger LCD, for example 55" or bigger
2. Stay in you're price range and go with a 2010 model

If you combine 1 and 2, and go with a 2010 model LED, you can probably find a 46" Sony HX909 or 55" KDLEX500 LCD for around $1300-$1700. But....you really have to be looking.

Now, why I recommend the 46" HX909 ...based off the little info you have provided.

Assuming you are an average NT'er, you want some nice stuff for a great deal. You don't want to get too deep into the game, but you want to know you have something really good. Will you get into using all the great features?...Probably not, but when your bragging to you're friends it's reassuring to know they are there.

This TV (46" Sony HX909) used to go for $3499 when it first came out. And people bought it at that price! It's one of only a handful of full LED Back Lit TV's and has Sony's Monolithic Design.

If you can hunt this guy down, or you're friend can, I would pull the trigger ASAP.

Here is a link

This is a touchy subject, especially when you're thread is titled school me on flatscreens.

But, even with that being said. If you're looking for a Sony around 1300$ and you have a inside scoop as far as a discount goes, then I would consider the following.

1. Stay in you're price range, and get a larger LCD, for example 55" or bigger
2. Stay in you're price range and go with a 2010 model

If you combine 1 and 2, and go with a 2010 model LED, you can probably find a 46" Sony HX909 or 55" KDLEX500 LCD for around $1300-$1700. But....you really have to be looking.

Now, why I recommend the 46" HX909 ...based off the little info you have provided.

Assuming you are an average NT'er, you want some nice stuff for a great deal. You don't want to get too deep into the game, but you want to know you have something really good. Will you get into using all the great features?...Probably not, but when your bragging to you're friends it's reassuring to know they are there.

This TV (46" Sony HX909) used to go for $3499 when it first came out. And people bought it at that price! It's one of only a handful of full LED Back Lit TV's and has Sony's Monolithic Design.

If you can hunt this guy down, or you're friend can, I would pull the trigger ASAP.

Here is a link

puzzled.gif

laugh.gif
eek.gif
i have a sony and a samsung.... samsung >>>> sony

puzzled.gif

laugh.gif
eek.gif
i have a sony and a samsung.... samsung >>>> sony

Originally Posted by HidayetTurkoglu

Thanks for the help. Sony has the HX909 46' LED for $2,800.  Dont know why its so expensive; its in the low 1,000s in most other places.  
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...&catalogId=10551&in_dim_search=&keyword=hx909

However, they also have the KDLEX500 55' LCD for $1,500, not including the discount. 
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...=-1&productId=8198552921666077656#accessories
Most likely will roll with this one.

Originally Posted by HidayetTurkoglu

Thanks for the help. Sony has the HX909 46' LED for $2,800.  Dont know why its so expensive; its in the low 1,000s in most other places.  
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...&catalogId=10551&in_dim_search=&keyword=hx909

However, they also have the KDLEX500 55' LCD for $1,500, not including the discount. 
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...=-1&productId=8198552921666077656#accessories
Most likely will roll with this one.

what do yall think of the Mistubishi sp? joints?

theyre not flat screen but ive seen a 73" for 1100... to good of a price i think.

My friend has the 83" but i want a big tv but i also want quality and a great pic. no motion blur

what do yall think of the Mistubishi sp? joints?

theyre not flat screen but ive seen a 73" for 1100... to good of a price i think.

My friend has the 83" but i want a big tv but i also want quality and a great pic. no motion blur

Samsung ftw.
I'd never buy anything else whether it be TVs or monitors.
Never seen a single dead pixel, We have 3 TVs and I use a LED monitor

Samsung ftw.
I'd never buy anything else whether it be TVs or monitors.
Never seen a single dead pixel, We have 3 TVs and I use a LED monitor

Watch www.techbargains.com

Go to store and see if you like something that you found a good deal on........

Purchase

I ended up w/ my 46" Toshiba.......actually liked it a lot more than samsung etc at BB when factoring in price difference.

Watch www.techbargains.com

Go to store and see if you like something that you found a good deal on........

Purchase

I ended up w/ my 46" Toshiba.......actually liked it a lot more than samsung etc at BB when factoring in price difference.

Back
Top Bottom