NT school me on moving to CALIFORNIA VOL. East to West

Sup NT,

so im 21, living in south carolina with no kids and not in school at the moment

i cant see myself growing old in this state and while i'm young i'd at least like to give moving a shot

i've got a good job out here that has locations in san diego and moreno valley and i know i could transfer out there for sure, i'd be working at the moreno valley location

i was wanting to get general info on the move, switching over the cali license plates, drivers license, how much would rent run for a 1 bedroom apt, i know NT has a lot of ppl that live in cali or that have moved there

i already know some ppl out there so i wont be completely by myself and i'm also gonna be taking a trip out there this summer

any help is appreciated
smile.gif

Sup NT,

so im 21, living in south carolina with no kids and not in school at the moment

i cant see myself growing old in this state and while i'm young i'd at least like to give moving a shot

i've got a good job out here that has locations in san diego and moreno valley and i know i could transfer out there for sure, i'd be working at the moreno valley location

i was wanting to get general info on the move, switching over the cali license plates, drivers license, how much would rent run for a 1 bedroom apt, i know NT has a lot of ppl that live in cali or that have moved there

i already know some ppl out there so i wont be completely by myself and i'm also gonna be taking a trip out there this summer

any help is appreciated
smile.gif

How much are you going to be making? The cost of living difference is going to be staggering, so sometimes 40k in 1 location goes further than 55k in a more expensive city so you have to take that into account.

How much are you going to be making? The cost of living difference is going to be staggering, so sometimes 40k in 1 location goes further than 55k in a more expensive city so you have to take that into account.

In the South, we can be brothers.
But when you come to LA, WATCH THEM +*##$*%*+%%* COLORS !#%%$
Spoiler [+]
131445__boyz_l.jpg

In the South, we can be brothers.
But when you come to LA, WATCH THEM +*##$*%*+%%* COLORS !#%%$
Spoiler [+]
131445__boyz_l.jpg

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

right now i'm making $13, good out here but out there thats prob nothing

i've got money saved up right now but i wanna at least wait 2 more years just so i can save up even more, i know cali is super expensive to live in

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

right now i'm making $13, good out here but out there thats prob nothing

i've got money saved up right now but i wanna at least wait 2 more years just so i can save up even more, i know cali is super expensive to live in

Are you sure you want to move to Moreno Valley? Personally I wouldn't.. The city sucks and you'll be REALLY bored. The city looks trashy. Try looking into other cities that are near by

Are you sure you want to move to Moreno Valley? Personally I wouldn't.. The city sucks and you'll be REALLY bored. The city looks trashy. Try looking into other cities that are near by

and another thing, just to get some opinions

i've got an option to move to miami, i know a bunch of ppl down there and i know who my roommate would be so that would cut down on rent, but i dont have a job lined up down there and i know its gonna be tough to find a good one

i know both are expensive places to live, but i figured with cali, i would already have a job and to me thats one of the most important things for make a decision like this

and another thing, just to get some opinions

i've got an option to move to miami, i know a bunch of ppl down there and i know who my roommate would be so that would cut down on rent, but i dont have a job lined up down there and i know its gonna be tough to find a good one

i know both are expensive places to live, but i figured with cali, i would already have a job and to me thats one of the most important things for make a decision like this

Moreno valley sucks, it's like an hour drive from LA. and I'm not too familiar with San Diego. ask in the regional forum. but I think moreno valley would be pretty cheap since it's in the hot-+@# valley middle of nowhere and it sucks.

Moreno valley sucks, it's like an hour drive from LA. and I'm not too familiar with San Diego. ask in the regional forum. but I think moreno valley would be pretty cheap since it's in the hot-+@# valley middle of nowhere and it sucks.

Originally Posted by DimesLikeHefner

i mean thats just where the job is, i wouldn't mind living in another city

and keep in mind, i live in south carolina, nothing out there can be as worse as this state
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DimesLikeHefner

i mean thats just where the job is, i wouldn't mind living in another city

and keep in mind, i live in south carolina, nothing out there can be as worse as this state
laugh.gif

moving to cali is a great idea. but at 13 an hour...that will be tough. moreno valley sucks! my mother moved out there and i hate it. i just got back from vacation in los angeles...and its like heaven on earth. if you move to a nearby city be prepared to have patience. there is traffic all the time in california. ive lived in sc so i share your pain and i understand your desire to move. i would just wait until summer where you can go check out the cities (neighboring ones...like riverside, chino, corona, even la if youd like to commute) and see what your money can afford. but honestly id stay away from the IE there is nothing there!

moving to cali is a great idea. but at 13 an hour...that will be tough. moreno valley sucks! my mother moved out there and i hate it. i just got back from vacation in los angeles...and its like heaven on earth. if you move to a nearby city be prepared to have patience. there is traffic all the time in california. ive lived in sc so i share your pain and i understand your desire to move. i would just wait until summer where you can go check out the cities (neighboring ones...like riverside, chino, corona, even la if youd like to commute) and see what your money can afford. but honestly id stay away from the IE there is nothing there!

I'm moving out to LA in two years with a couple of my boys. Got a couple of other people from HS going out there/there already so it should be a ton of fun when it happens.

If you do go, my man, make sure you go on the road on the way there.

I'm moving out to LA in two years with a couple of my boys. Got a couple of other people from HS going out there/there already so it should be a ton of fun when it happens.

If you do go, my man, make sure you go on the road on the way there.

Areas around Moreno Valley suck and commuting to get there sucks too. I mean if you live around Loma Linda, I guess you'll like it. But SD is pretty chill, I think you'd like the beaches and the community, people are chill out there.

The better parts of SoCal are the Northwestern/Western parts of Socal. Cost of living for a nicer part of SoCal is definitely going to be expensive and probably worth more than what you're making (no offense).

I met up with another NT-er around my area for a photo gig and he moved out here from Virginia a couple of years ago and is living with his roommates. I think he found an ad from craigslist and was fortunate to find nice people but it ultimately depends what area you live at. Try to stay away from areas like South Central, Watts, East LA, and other rural areas for cheaper costs of living.

Areas around Moreno Valley suck and commuting to get there sucks too. I mean if you live around Loma Linda, I guess you'll like it. But SD is pretty chill, I think you'd like the beaches and the community, people are chill out there.

The better parts of SoCal are the Northwestern/Western parts of Socal. Cost of living for a nicer part of SoCal is definitely going to be expensive and probably worth more than what you're making (no offense).

I met up with another NT-er around my area for a photo gig and he moved out here from Virginia a couple of years ago and is living with his roommates. I think he found an ad from craigslist and was fortunate to find nice people but it ultimately depends what area you live at. Try to stay away from areas like South Central, Watts, East LA, and other rural areas for cheaper costs of living.

OP, like the others said the cost of living will be different depending on the location your in.

But real talk, if I were you I would move to miami. You pay no state tax, there are places you can rent for good price near miami. No smog test or none of that nonsense for cars, insurance is cheap, springbreak
devil.gif
, etc

Stance is Everything Form> Function
chill
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom