NT: School me on tinting my windows

Has anyone ever used a medical exemption for their tints? I'm thinking about getting one from my friend who happens to be a doctor
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

^

You are just ASKING for tickets with your front windshield tinted. 
laugh.gif
That wont fly in NYC or Cali.

Isn't 70% stock tint? What ever car comes with?

In any case OP, even with a light interior 20% is more than dark enough. Some people want that REALLY dark look and go 5%. I dont even think a 10% exists...usually its 35%, then 20%, then 5%. Some people even get double 5%.

Get 20% on you back windows and 35% on your front.

I'm from Indy, and the cops seem pretty cool about it here. Had 1 cop stop me so far but he didn't write me a ticket. As long as your not driving reckless, they're pretty chill out here. 

Its 50%, 35%, 20% then 5%

If you have a lighter interior OP, 20% will be fine for you.  Go to a professional shop to get it done, If you are paying anything less than $120 I wouldnt go there.  I have 20% all around on my TL and i love it

I got 15 in the back and 35 in the front...thinking of switching to 15% all around since I have a beige interior but I ain't trynna get hassled by the po po

Since you own a Acura TL you need mole skin to prevent your windows from scratching. It only costs a few bucks to do yourself. Don't be cheap and skip out of this.

I have 20 percent on my two front windows and 50 percent on the whole windshield. And to be honest with you i think my tinter was like nah it looks better with 35, but he swears its 50 lol. Its like always wearing a pair of sunglasses and I love it!

Ny law is 70 on the front two.

As far as getting hassled, I dont really do. Only got a ticket for the two fronts cop didnt even notice the windshield. Lol

Nyc fine for each window is 90 dollars.

Not a big deal, getting 2 sets of tickets per year. And I live in downtown manhattan so I think averaging that per year for tint tickets isnt baf. What I do when I see a cop, before I roll by the cop, I roll the windows down and I leave the sunshade open for the moonroof, to let light in through the moonroof glass.

You have to be willing to accept the challenge to avoid the cops and/or just maning up when you get the tickets.

in cali any shade is allowed on the back windows. front has to be clear, you cant even put the lightest 70%. so to me if youre going to tint the front might as well do the shade you want. i have 5% on my fronts and 20% on top of the factory tint in the back to match the front. also have the 5% visor strip but been wanting to tint the whole windshield 70% or even a 35%. people with 35% all around i dont see the point in even tinting. either go 20% or 5%. theres no in between. and johnson films is a common brand here

Originally Posted by chueco dtb

Since you own a Acura TL you need mole skin to prevent your windows from scratching. It only costs a few bucks to do yourself. Don't be cheap and skip out of this.
More info on this please?

I wish we had pictures of what you guys have and the tint...its nice to see some execution of the ideas on here.

Originally Posted by piNoy805jAys

in cali any shade is allowed on the back windows. front has to be clear, you cant even put the lightest 70%. so to me if youre going to tint the front might as well do the shade you want. i have 5% on my fronts and 20% on top of the factory tint in the back to match the front. also have the 5% visor strip but been wanting to tint the whole windshield 70% or even a 35%. people with 35% all around i dont see the point in even tinting. either go 20% or 5%. theres no in between. and johnson films is a common brand here
Yea man Cali is a little insane with all their laws.

Back
Top Bottom