NT should I buy this house? 2000+ sq ft for 63k across from school, good neighborhood

Originally Posted by Vancity74

And here I am trying to find a 600sqft condo for under $400k.

And here I am buying a home in Los Angeles for $400k.
ohwell.gif

that kitchen price is about right depending on the sz of the kitchen. The last one my dad and I did ran the customer roughly 40k

that kitchen price is about right depending on the sz of the kitchen. The last one my dad and I did ran the customer roughly 40k

Make sure the foundation is good and your good to go.

$63 thousand is great. Worst case scenario the house depreciates (not gonna happen) and you basically will only be under a couple grand. If you fix it up with your dad there is no telling how much equity you can build.

Unfortunately I bought a house in the high $200s but given the current housing market i am afraid i dont have much or any equity built up. The more expensive the house the higher the potential losses and gains. You are in a good situtation and wont have much risk. $300 a month is also cheaper than most rents.

Make sure the foundation is good and your good to go.

$63 thousand is great. Worst case scenario the house depreciates (not gonna happen) and you basically will only be under a couple grand. If you fix it up with your dad there is no telling how much equity you can build.

Unfortunately I bought a house in the high $200s but given the current housing market i am afraid i dont have much or any equity built up. The more expensive the house the higher the potential losses and gains. You are in a good situtation and wont have much risk. $300 a month is also cheaper than most rents.

You can easily get a magazinesque kitchen for 20k.

Real wood cabinets are cheap now a days. I paid 5k for new cabinets which included the granite, which is also dirt cheap now, for a pretty big kitchen.

7k for labor, 3k for new stainless appliances and under 3k total for the materials. This included custom bar area/washer dryer cabinets.

I guess it depends where you're at but sourcing before you start is the best way.

Use craigslist for remnants of granite, tile, drywall, plywood, etc.

I bought $20sq ft anne saks tile from cl for $2 a sq ft from a buyer who had just enough left over for me to do the backsplash.

Use sears, lowes, or hd to get your appliances...you can usually stack discounts with promotions of getting complete sets for under 2k.

You can easily get a magazinesque kitchen for 20k.

Real wood cabinets are cheap now a days. I paid 5k for new cabinets which included the granite, which is also dirt cheap now, for a pretty big kitchen.

7k for labor, 3k for new stainless appliances and under 3k total for the materials. This included custom bar area/washer dryer cabinets.

I guess it depends where you're at but sourcing before you start is the best way.

Use craigslist for remnants of granite, tile, drywall, plywood, etc.

I bought $20sq ft anne saks tile from cl for $2 a sq ft from a buyer who had just enough left over for me to do the backsplash.

Use sears, lowes, or hd to get your appliances...you can usually stack discounts with promotions of getting complete sets for under 2k.

Back
Top Bottom