NT started the "bred" nickname? VOL. Shout outs

People that are mad about shoe nicknames need to realize that this sneaker game is a culture/subculture and every culture has its own language. I like the nicknames they help me determine how deep somebody is in the game. hype is just what other people see if someone is truly into the culture theyre above the hype no matter what they decide to call a shoe.

People that are mad about shoe nicknames need to realize that this sneaker game is a culture/subculture and every culture has its own language. I like the nicknames they help me determine how deep somebody is in the game. hype is just what other people see if someone is truly into the culture theyre above the hype no matter what they decide to call a shoe.
:lol: this guy is serious.

Such ignorance.

What is the correlation between a nickname and watching Michael play? I've seen everyone call shoes space jams, breds, chicagos, last shots, etc. I can guarantee that you have used at least two of those. They are all nicknames, no matter how fitting. How old are you? 30+? 

Slap yourself

Slap yourself twice now, I have never once used these stupid childish names to describe Jordans. You sound like an idiot.... Candy canes, BReds, he got game, last shots, Raptors (THE WORST EVER!) and for Christ sake I heard some one describe the Vs as the "Fresh Princes" they are so pathetically forced upon the shoe. I was 25-26 when nicknames started being used in Jordan/sneaker discussions, and like many of the older gents on this board we were "face palming" in front our monitors at what you lames were saying. I even hate calling them "Js". Growing up we strictly called them by their color way (guess we were not as creative as you youngsters are). And yes I am 37. I will step off my soap box now.

Slap yourself twice now, I have never once used these stupid childish names to describe Jordans. You sound like an idiot.... Candy canes, BReds, he got game, last shots, Raptors (THE WORST EVER!) and for Christ sake I heard some one describe the Vs as the "Fresh Princes" they are so pathetically forced upon the shoe. I was 25-26 when nicknames started being used in Jordan/sneaker discussions, and like many of the older gents on this board we were "face palming" in front our monitors at what you lames were saying. I even hate calling them "Js". Growing up we strictly called them by their color way (guess we were not as creative as you youngsters are). And yes I am 37. I will step off my soap box now.
Oldie McOldie needs to slow down before he slips his disk.

Let them dudes cook. If they want to call them nicknames what's wrong with that?

Some of yall need to understand that once something goes mainstream, the purists lose say so.

"Sneaker head" and "shoe game " are tossed around, but the masses ain't got time for in depth knowledge and research.

They cop cuz it's the cool thing to do. It's cool to say "I got kicks" ...

I see the same with cell phones. People constantly saying "galaxy 3GS" or calling every smart phone an "iPhone". It is what it is. You can't fault someone for not being knowledgeable on something that's mainstream.

So if I refer to white/black XI's as Concords I'm a hype?

black/red VI's as Infrareds?
all white XI's as Columbias?
brown/black IX's as Olives?

the list goes on and on...

Can't be serious.

The list goes on.

ALL THOSE YOU LISTED ARE ACTUAL COLORWAY NAMES OF THE SHOE

U didn list, bugs bunnys, raptors, breads, or any other of those childish stupid names on that ugly shirt.

Come on. We all know the ACCEPTABLE names for shoes.
Raptors isnt one. Candy canes isnt one.

I dont know why jimmies are being rustled.

The stupid nicknames let you know who's who.

Oldie McOldie needs to slow down before he slips his disk.

Let them dudes cook. If they want to call them nicknames what's wrong with that?

Some of yall need to understand that once something goes mainstream, the purists lose say so.

"Sneaker head" and "shoe game " are tossed around, but the masses ain't got time for in depth knowledge and research.

They cop cuz it's the cool thing to do. It's cool to say "I got kicks" ...

I see the same with cell phones. People constantly saying "galaxy 3GS" or calling every smart phone an "iPhone". It is what it is. You can't fault someone for not being knowledgeable on something that's mainstream.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dam never knew it was that serious

i call em by their nicknames but only because its too long and doesnt sound right to say the whole colorway :lol:

way easier for everyone to recognize too

jordan-kick-names-t-shirt-1.jpg

jb dont care, why should ya?

If Im not mistaken when I saw this shirt it has Lightning 4s on there twice. Like really?

Back
Top Bottom