NT started the "bred" nickname? VOL. Shout outs

We're turning into all those old heads who hate anything the younger generation does :lol:

But this just doesn't do anything but cement the fact that the game is dead. The 3's have come out how many times in the last couple years?? :smh:

The same dudes who are against nicknames are also the first dudes to say olympics, hares, or space jams. All of them are nicknames, and all of you use them. Now that there are more nicknames you are upset?

Okay.
Sir Chuck, all of those nicknames make sense though. I'm not arguing against all nicknames. The Raptor VIIs just don't make sense.
Well actually, there are only six shoes worthy of being called space jams. The 1996 Black/White-Dark Concord Jordan 11. As seen in the movie Space Jam. The hares are actually just white/red sevens. Earlier I saw people upset over Bugs bunny 8s, though that nickname makes perfect sense since the Looney Tunes were used as the sole advertiser for the Jordan 8. Olympics also makes sense, but that isn't the name on the black remember? 

Raptors I can see where people are rustled, seeing the Raptors didn't exist when the shoe first came out. However, it is a fitting title nonetheless. 

It doesn't really matter what the next man calls their shoes, if it matters to you, well I don't know what to tell you. 

Well actually, there are only six shoes worthy of being called space jams. The 1996 Black/White-Dark Concord Jordan 11. As seen in the movie Space Jam. The hares are actually just white/red sevens. Earlier I saw people upset over Bugs bunny 8s, though that nickname makes perfect sense since the Looney Tunes were used as the sole advertiser for the Jordan 8. Olympics also makes sense, but that isn't the name on the black remember? 

Raptors I can see where people are rustled, seeing the Raptors didn't exist when the shoe first came out. However, it is a fitting title nonetheless. 

It doesn't really matter what the next man calls their shoes, if it matters to you, well I don't know what to tell you. 

Oh, it truly doesn't matter to me. I just find it funny that those are called the Raptor 7s. It makes whoever is calling them that seem like they have no grasp of history.

Last edited:
Since you don't know, the black and white 13's that you so affectionately call the "he got games" came out in November of 1997. The movie "He Got Game" came out in May of 1998. So, you see, there is NO WAY you can title that shoe after the movie since the actual colorway was release before the movie. That shoe was NEVER referred to as such prior to it's release earlier this year. Calling them that even further lets us know who you are :smh:. Did you google your reponse? :lol:

Since you're on your "sneakers is life" tip what were you calling them before spring of '98? You act like that film came out this year...this came came out while mike was still in the league and in an era where sneakers aren't obsessed over as it is (and you are) in this day and age. I bought my ex a pair of OG's from eBay in '04 and the buyer had them listed as "He got games". The name just got overused cause of this years retro so maybe that's why you got a problem with it.

So because I gave an accurate depiction of the original release and misuse of a nickname, I'm on a "sneakers is life" tip? This is the problem with society as a whole. People speak incorrectly then get upset when they are corrected, even with the reponse isn't personal and simply a fact. I answered the question and I'm obsessed with sneakers? How ignorant of you. Just because someone used it in '04, that was that person's crackpot thinking. Do you get that nicknames are a gimmick to get stupid people to buy? It's catchy and quick, that's a marketing tool. And people fall for it all the time.

The same dudes who are against nicknames are also the first dudes to say olympics, hares, or space jams. All of them are nicknames, and all of you use them. Now that there are more nicknames you are upset?

Okay.

Olympics - Released August 1992 during the Olympics, it was made specifically for that. Not a made up nickname.

Hares - In the commercial, Bugs put them on and hare jordan flashed on the screen

Space Jams - Used for SJ as a movie prop only, when they came out it was the only way to make the distinction between these and the black and red colorway. They both have all black uppers.

Difference is they hype is way out of control now. We now have made up nicknames with no association with the shoe. Raptor 7s, Breds, Cherry 12s? Ridiculous. Jordans always had their own innate nickname, Nike and their ads have been doing this, names were sometimes generated from the inspiration for the shoe/cw, not what people decide to call them regionally. People have been incorrectly naming kicks for years, problem is, we now have NT, IG, twiter, blogs etc that make it easier to spread the incorrect names. Nike doesn't care because it helps sell the shoe faster.

Come on guys :lol: it's a no brainer about the Olympic 7s, I just hated when they released them with that stupid thing on the heel. I can't even remember what it was.

Okay.
Olympics - Released August 1992 during the Olympics, it was made specifically for that. Not a made up nickname.

Hares - In the commercial, Bugs put them on and hare jordan flashed on the screen

Space Jams - Used for SJ as a movie prop only, when they came out it was the only way to make the distinction between these and the black and red colorway. They both have all black uppers.

Difference is they hype is way out of control now. We now have made up nicknames with no association with the shoe. Raptor 7s, Breds, Cherry 12s? Ridiculous. Jordans always had their own innate nickname, Nike and their ads have been doing this, names were sometimes generated from the inspiration for the shoe/cw, not what people decide to call them regionally. People have been incorrectly naming kicks for years, problem is, we now have NT, IG, twiter, blogs etc that make it easier to spread the incorrect names. Nike doesn't care because it helps sell the shoe faster.
Earlier in the thread you said that they need to be called by the colors on the box. So the Olympics would be called the white/navys or the navy/reds. Olympics is just another nickname. 

As well as hares. Bugs put them on, but that isn't the box title. They would be called the white/reds by your earlier statement. I could just as easily call them the Chicagos. Same thing with what I said about the bugs bunny 8s. Bugs and Marvin the Martian were the main characters advertising the jordan 8. But Bugs bunny is still just a nickname, no matter how much sense it makes.

Space Jam is a nickname. Black/royal 11s would suffice, the same with Black/red. 

You are contradicting yourself already, man.
Oh, it truly doesn't matter to me. I just find it funny that those are called the Raptor 7s. It makes whoever is calling them that seem like they have no grasp of history.
Speaking on names, your SN has always puzzled me. Lobotomy-beats. Does that imply stupid beats? As in a positive manner? Or what. Aware me.

The "Bugs Bunny" always fit for the straps and the ad campaign when the shoe originally released. Most called it Bugs Bunny because they didn't know which number it was so they went by what the ads showed.

co sign

Speaking on names, your SN has always puzzled me. Lobotomy-beats. Does that imply stupid beats? As in a positive manner? Or what. Aware me.

It's from a Beck (my favorite artist ever) song, "Hollywood Freaks."

We drop lobotomy beats, evaporated meats
On high-tech streets, we go solo
Dance floors and talk shows, hot dogs, No-Doz
Hot sex in back rows

Sir Charles, please tell me where I said explicitly that we should just call them by what's on the box. Green beans were said, that's not a nickname as I pointed out, it's actually a color on the box. Clearly, not some concocted name. I believe these are the posts you were referring to? I already explained Nike has innate nicknames for certain shoes. The others like "candy canes" are the stupid nicknames I was referring to.

I hate all these dumb nicknames. You're really too lazy to just call it by it's color on the box?

"Hey man are you getting those Black, Varisty Red, and White Air Jordan 11 retros?"

Too long; didn't say.

Like just saying black and red is so difficult? It was never a problem before. It's a combination of the text generation and people getting dumber. I always thought it was lazy.

green beans. 

That's not a nickname. It's the actual color listed on the box

Okay.

Earlier in the thread you said that they need to be called by the colors on the box. So the Olympics would be called the white/navys or the navy/reds. Olympics is just another nickname. 

As well as hares. Bugs put them on, but that isn't the box title. They would be called the white/reds by your earlier statement. I could just as easily call them the Chicagos. Same thing with what I said about the bugs bunny 8s. Bugs and Marvin the Martian were the main characters advertising the jordan 8. But Bugs bunny is still just a nickname, no matter how much sense it makes.

Space Jam is a nickname. Black/royal 11s would suffice, the same with Black/red. 

You are contradicting yourself already, man.

But I guess this is too long for you to read also..

Since you're on your "sneakers is life" tip what were you calling them before spring of '98? You act like that film came out this year...this came came out while mike was still in the league and in an era where sneakers aren't obsessed over as it is (and you are) in this day and age. I bought my ex a pair of OG's from eBay in '04 and the buyer had them listed as "He got games". The name just got overused cause of this years retro so maybe that's why you got a problem with it.

Are you serious?
The Walletbreaker days was for real. Fanatics had so much love for the brand that people actually died over their Jordans back then.
It wasn't no NT where you can just go find out the release date of all the Jordans this year. No. You knew what was comin out when Mike himself unleashed a new pair on the court, doin work.
The general public was rockin Blk/Red XIII's and Mj was in these
View media item 399956AND THEN OUT OF NOWHERE MIKE BUST OUT WITH THESE
View media item 399959
And I think that was the first time he was a whole model ahead of everyone else. Where as usually he was a colorway ahead. I could be wrong
But you dont think _'s was hyped up? It was pandemonium

Back
Top Bottom