[| -- NT Suggestions: I'm looking for a great HD VIDEO CAMERA to purchase -- |]

btw, if you haven't clicked the link.. sony's cam has 240GB HD. i think it's the only HD cam in that price range with that big of a hard drive.most are around 80.

which is a good camera out there nothing to high on price i need a camera with a decent corder too all in one

Originally Posted by Murkn3m

which is a good camera out there nothing to high on price i need a camera with a decent corder too all in one
All in one? Canon Powershot SX1 IS.

HD video, great stills, 20x optical zoom lens, feature packed.

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

looking for something not for professional taking picks something good for special occasion stuff like that a digital camera not the big ones
Canon Powershot SX1 IS.

looking for something not for professional taking pics something good for special occasion stuff like that a digital camera not the big ones

SaNTi - My current Computer is a MB Pro, I should be good with that right? everything maxed out on it.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

SaNTi - My current Computer is a MB Pro, I should be good with that right? everything maxed out on it.
Yup, you should be good.

looking for something not for professional taking picks something good for special occasion stuff like that a digital camera not the big ones
Canon Powershot SX1 IS.
too big am looking for a smaller one like the powershots type sd

Now I'm confused, too many options.
laugh.gif

So between the Sony Handycam HDR-XR520V, Canon VIXIA HFS10 Dual Flash & the Panasonic HDC-HS300K.

Pros? Cons?

The HS300 seems to be getting a lot of praise. Must be for a reason.

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/ratings.php
http://www.trustedreviews...mit.x=34&submit.y=16
http://www.engadget.com/2...ewed-thoroughly-enjoyed/

Go for it.
The Panasonic HDC-HS300 is a solid camcorder all around, but there is quite a bit of competition at the top this year. The Sony HDR-XR520V offers double the storage capacity (240GB) for only $100 more than the HS300. It also has a relatively easy interface and a similar LCD touchscreen system to the Panasonic. The two camcorders performed very similarly in our testing, but the Panasonic HDC-HS300 had the clear edge in low light sensitivity.

There's also the Canon HF S100 and HF S10, both of which are flash memory camcorders. The Canon camcorders offer a sharper image in bright light, but their low light performance was not as good as the Panasonic HDC-HS300. The Canon HF S100 does have numerous manual controls, but the options are nowhere near as extensive as on the HDC-HS300. Canon also doesn't include an electronic viewfinder on these camcorders, which may be a deal-breaker for some users.

stupid question but can these HD vid cams take STILL pictures?
if so what kinda settings can be changed for the pictures?
what quality can expect?

Answers to those would be very appreciated ^
video is more important to me since myspace and facebook always knock the quality way down anyways
smh.gif

Originally Posted by CalvinJohnson

stupid question but can these HD vid cams take STILL pictures?
if so what kinda settings can be changed for the pictures?
what quality can expect?

Answers to those would be very appreciated ^
video is more important to me since myspace and facebook always knock the quality way down anyways
smh.gif
Yeah, most of them can take stills. Don't know much about what control you have over them, but I'd imagine similar controls you have invideo mode. I've seen some camcorder shots and they're not bad at all.

Just go on flickr and search up the name of a camcorder you're interested in, and you should get a few stills. If that doesn't work, search it onyoutube. The still should look just as good as video does.

^ Appreciate it, was just curious.

So by the reviews the Panasonic looks like the one but in a way I like how the other 2 cams I mentioned are a little bit smaller and sleeker. Plus shooting atnight and inside venues will be a factor, I'll have to go through Vimeo and Youtube videos to see the differences.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

^ Appreciate it, was just curious.

So by the reviews the Panasonic looks like the one but in a way I like how the other 2 cams I mentioned are a little bit smaller and sleeker. Plus shooting at night and inside venues will be a factor, I'll have to go through Vimeo and Youtube videos to see the differences.
Go to henrys and see how they feel in hand. mess around with them.

Yeah I'll do that tomorrow or Monday probably depending if this damn rainstorm stops
smh.gif
I'm really new to all this, I'm still figuring out andlearning all the capabilities of my Digi Cam.

Back
Top Bottom