NT Texas Chime In

Lol Austin got more better white girls.  Live music capital, tech/startup community.  A whole lot more lol
No doubt, that's where I met my wife but let's keep it funky, Austin is a huge college town at its core.
Just giving people more options when looking to move to Texas. You don't have to be just confined to the Major Four Cities.[emoji]128526[/emoji]

Last edited:
What's life in Austin for the brothas?

Becky's by the dozen , hipster chicks and fake badu's and Lauren hills a plenty. It's chill though , traffic can get nuts since it's literally one way in and out 35 unless you get familiar and know the back roads . A little more expensive than San Antonio . If I could do it again I woulda took my uncles advise and moved to San Marcos or new braunfels , because even though San Marcos is a college town it's real nice and new braunfels is on the out skirts of San Antonio but still in between both cities just like San Marcos .

Appreciate the responses guys I'm used to the heat and all I'm from Birmingham Alabama so that wouldn't bother me. It's just I would like to move to a place preferably in the south that isn't Atlanta with good job opportunities because Alabama is very stagnant if you don't want to work in a hospital

Lived in atl and l.a. , moved to San Antonio back in 2013 and it's blows . The only black people here play for the Spurs , are military , or go to utsa. It's chill down here thou, and it's one of the only cities I know of where you can live comfy making 50k a year. I will say where I live ( Alamo heights ) is becoming hipster friendly . Night life is non existent , and unless your in the military or moving with a family single young black dudes got it tough here . Their are plenty of jobs down here for sure because the city is still growing. I have goofed my way into a 90k a year gig with no degree or exp 3 times down here .

Honestly might be you..... :lol:

Seems like before you were in cities that could bring it, but you can't really bring it. I tell people all the time San Antonio can suck if you want it to or it can be GOAT if you want it to

It's really what you make it but nothing will slap you in the face and tell you to come here like ATL and LA

Last edited:
Honestly might be you..... :lol:

Seems like before you were in cities that could bring it, but you can't really bring it. I tell people all the time San Antonio can suck if you want it to or it can be GOAT if you want it to

It's really what you make it but nothing will slap you in the face and tell you to come here like ATL and LA

Maybe , but I get more play in Houston , Austin hell even Bryan and college station than I do here . the festivals and parades are dope every spring thou. And the rodeo was deep as hell back in February

Last edited:
Off topic, but anybody going to the J Cole concert in August at the Gexa pavilion in Dallas?

Nope, but Jill Scott in Grand Prairie August 14 and Floetry at Medusa on July 2.

Y'all need to check out Blue Charcoal, a Brazillian Steakhouse up near Richardson too, like not for from North Park Mall.

Dude has it on Livingsocial $23 for 2 people too :wow: Much smaller than Texas De Brazil and Fogo De Chao but more intimate at the same time

Last edited:
in

a shorty i used to **** wit moved to dallas a couple months ago

she keep tryna get me to move out there with her 

Nope, but Jill Scott in Grand Prairie August 14 and Floetry at Medusa on July 2.

Y'all need to check out Blue Charcoal, a Brazillian Steakhouse up near Richardson too, like not for from North Park Mall.

Dude has it on Livingsocial $23 for 2 people too :wow: Much smaller than Texas De Brazil and Fogo De Chao but more intimate at the same time
Thanks for the recommendation, will try this weekend or next.

A few good foods spots off the top of my head to check out.

Havana Cafe (East Dallas)
Velvet Taco (after hours) (Uptown)
Malai Kitchen (Uptown)
Ferraris (Addison)

Back
Top Bottom